Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So I have a low end machine and 1.4 caused some FPS loss to my game.
While messing around with the zoom, I found that zooming in (even a little) brings my framerate up for some reason.

It's not by a lot (from 19 to a stable 30 most of the time) but when I lowered my resolution and repeated the process, on a rare ocasion it went from 31 to 54, and stayed there until I walked around the world a bit.

hKnlZcVwyk.gif

My settings are:

Resolution - 1280x720
Frame skip - ON (Subtle and Off run in "slow motion")
Lighting - Retro/Trippy (Color and White don't show any difference when zooming in)
Quality - Low
Everything else is disabled

Zoomed in also delays my input response, especially mouse movement; it appears that it makes the game process slower (?) like it has a low tick rate:
(When using Color lighting it always feels delayed/slow)

https://giant.gfycat.com/ElementaryDampDiamondbackrattlesnake.webm (Don't know how to make it embedded)

In the video above you can see that when I zoom, the game flickers like it's reloading, for some reason. And as shown, this does not happen with Color lighting, just Retro/Trippy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report, I've logged it in our system. I think it may indeed be related to some lighting issues on non-Color :)

Thanks for the report, I've logged it in our system. I think it may indeed be related to some lighting issues on non-Color :)

Happy to help! There was another issue with Zoom+Retro lighting that makes some NPC sprites blurry, but I separated it on another topic since it was kinda unrelated. Here

Back
Top Bottom