Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The terraria gampedia wiki says the xbox 360 update is out, so i spent an hour of my day trying to download it. SCrew the wiki

Ya don't trust the wiki when it comes to release dates. It's not an official wiki, merely fan edited

That's true, I think a big reason that it's taking this is that they have both been working on PC updates for terraria and working terraria otherworld content and release

505 doesn't work on the PC updates.

Subnautica is programmed in Unity. Terraria PC is XNA. Even my tech noob knowledge knows that makes a BIG difference in porting ease and speed. It also is not trying to port to old gen and current gen all at once - which is a big deal (old gen is over a decade old now - a massive tech gap). Again, not excusing the delays - and pushing to close the gap - but most analogies people make here wind up being flawed in one way or the other.

Admittedly, I have no idea what the hold up is at MS either - though I keep asking every day. :(

Anyway - eager to get this out so you guys have it and then hopefully we can get a glimpse of what comes after that. Hang in there.

At the look of these recent posts, it's basically stating RIP Terraria xbox update. Now me, I still have faith, not much but I still have a percentage just to check the forums weekly. At this rate, 1.3 will possibly never come if THIS update is STILL in certification. If we are so curious, ask Microsoft about the holdup not this forum.:sigh:

At the look of these recent posts, it's basically stating RIP Terraria xbox update. Now me, I still have faith, not much but I still have a percentage just to check the forums weekly. At this rate, 1.3 will possibly never come if THIS update is STILL in certification. If we are so curious, ask Microsoft about the holdup not this forum.:sigh:

I'm with you, still holding out hope myself. I've owned a 360 since they came out, and cannot recall a situation regarding an update for a game I played that's similar to this one. I'm not implying anything sinister is going on behind the scenes, it's just an odd situation to say the least.

But I do check here when time permits or just cross my fingers and load the game up to see if it's been released. I really do hope it's not much longer.

s
I'm with you, still holding out hope myself. I've owned a 360 since they came out, and cannot recall a situation regarding an update for a game I played that's similar to this one. I'm not implying anything sinister is going on behind the scenes, it's just an odd situation to say the least.

But I do check here when time permits or just cross my fingers and load the game up to see if it's been released. I really do hope it's not much longer.
same

505 doesn't work on the PC updates.

Subnautica is programmed in Unity. Terraria PC is XNA. Even my tech noob knowledge knows that makes a BIG difference in porting ease and speed. It also is not trying to port to old gen and current gen all at once - which is a big deal (old gen is over a decade old now - a massive tech gap). Again, not excusing the delays - and pushing to close the gap - but most analogies people make here wind up being flawed in one way or the other.

Admittedly, I have no idea what the hold up is at MS either - though I keep asking every day. :(

Anyway - eager to get this out so you guys have it and then hopefully we can get a glimpse of what comes after that. Hang in there.
Yeah I'm not AT ALL familiar with programming or coding or anything of the sort so your "noon knowledge" helps

If I can Recall, A Dev for Terraria(Whose name begun with a D) had mentioned that he predicted on June 17th that They were just put in for Submission, BUT the Xbox 360 may come first, with XBOX One's following Later... Meaning since his prediction and his trust is legitimate & Correct, The update should hit XboxOne's within a few days or so

Edit: The Developer's name was Deanzor

I just totally bummed myself out. I went to load Terraria on my xbox one and for the briefest moment it said something like, "syncing data," and I got too excited thinking the update was ready. And then nothing. Womp womp. Maybe next week.

It would be faster if the update grew legs and walked from America to my house no but seriously though waiting is getting boring but I don't want to miss a minute when it's released .

that's because of the previous 1.2.4 update we received months ago (it didn't add everything it was supposed to, so we got this update that microsoft is taking forever to verify)
Well, It should come in a few days...
[doublepost=1467376569,1467376226][/doublepost]Post Was pulled, then re added on gamepedia

Last edited:
Well, It should come in a few days...
[doublepost=1467376569,1467376226][/doublepost]Disregard previous posts, The gamepedia link saying 1.2.4.1 was pulled back from the 360's
Don't trust the gamepedia for some console related things. If that was the case, 505 would have been told and they would make an announcement by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom