Game Mechanics Wiring Request: Conduit Blocks & Junction Box Layer Change

Stahn Aileron

Terrarian
So I've gotten back into wiring once more mainly to help me set up some farms. I've noticed some things that have made wiring a little harder to do inside well-established builds (read: things made without prior thought to wiring). So here's something to think about if feature changes/additions are still possible:

• Wire Conduit Blocks (maybe EMT Block?)
    • Placed in the same layer as Actuators (I can't see anyone really needing all 4 wire colors on actuators in adjacent, alternating sections)
    • Prevents adjacent same-color wiring from linking up unless they're also in Wire Conduit Block/EMT
    • This will let you compact designs that require a lot of parallel wire runs
    • Can cover areas in EMT to have dedicated circuit Zones without having to transition between EMT'ed and non-EMT'ed wiring
    • How do you get wires into and out of EMT for cross-connections? Read on!
  • Junction Box Changes:
    • Layer change to reside with Actuators (and EMT if it get implemented)
      • The best place to have cross-over wire junction is inside solid block formations
      • Current layer placement is like furniture, restricting placement at times (correct me if I'm wrong)
      • Also hides the junction for aesthetics
      • Can't see a need for junctions and actuators in the same location, though not like it's of use now, either, so the restriction is the same as current practice
    • Allows wires to enter/exit EMT when adjacent if you need cross-connects between circuit (if EMT is implemented)
      • Probably needs an additional hammered state to allow direct connections from any direction, instead of having to extend out an extra block
      • Otherwise, still allows cross-overs, so if you need to have a line cross the conduit without interacting, you still can
Technically the Junction Box changes alone could provide some/most of the same benefits as EMT Blocks, but the two together I think can make for more compact wiring circuit layouts overall.

And while I'm at this: Would it be possible to change logic lamps and gates so you can attach the lamps on any side of the gates? A lot of what I want to do involves timer loops, so this could help me with wiring layouts.

Back
Top Bottom