Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Suspicious Looking Eye

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrasyn

Eye of Cthulhu
I've been debating which of the two to use. Ever since dropping the Suspicious Looking Tentacle, I've wanted to have it as my replacement for the wisp, since it gives off much more light in a given distance. However, due to the inability to control the eye (which is where the wisp has been very useful for me), I've held off.

That said, what do you use, and why?

Last edited:
Gave them both a test last night when mining. I noticed the eye seems to move in front of you depending on where you face. I couldn't see what I was mining. So, as you could guess, I stuck with the wisp.

I have Tentacle on 3 of my characters, but only one of them actually uses it (my Ranger, since Vortex disables its glow in stealth mode).
I'm considering what to change the other two to.
My 4th character uses the Wisp, since she's based on a specific character and the Wisp completes the look.

Okay, I just kicked the Moon Lord's arse a couple of times in expert mode, aaaand...

...holding on to my wisp. :D

I love being able to control the wisp and the continuous sparkles from nearby treasure annoys me.

While moving the wisp around is plenty of fun, I prefer sticking to the tentacle as the wisp's light would normally occasionally get stuck behind tiles and impair vision, plus the tentacle seems to emit a much brighter light overall. Lunar Flare is an infinitely better alternative when it comes to lightening obscured caverns.

You're wrong. The suspicious looking tentacle does not drop from the Moon Lord in normal mode.

Very true.

I don't think I've ever had the wisp get stuck behind tiles. Ever. Or anything, for that matter. I'm curious to look into the Magic Lantern now.

You're wrong. The suspicious looking tentacle does not drop from the Moon Lord in normal mode.
Sorry, I thought the expert only drops were the treasure bag specific one, Moon lord being the Gravity Globe. I guess i was wrong?

Very true.

I don't think I've ever had the wisp get stuck behind tiles. Ever. Or anything, for that matter. I'm curious to look into the Magic Lantern now.
Wisp continually gets stuck in tiles above my character. So I like the eyeball, even if it gets stuck just a tad bit in tiles directly in front of you, you can just stand back like a tile away from the direction you're mining and it won't be in tiles. for the wisp though it's always like 3-4 tiles above your head, and that just won't do. I generally prefer fairy to the wisp if I don't have the eyeball.

Sorry, I thought the expert only drops were the treasure bag specific one, Moon lord being the Gravity Globe. I guess i was wrong?
Moon Lord has two items exclusive to the Treasure Bag, but the Tentacle isn't marked as being an Expert item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom