Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've seen this issue, but haven't seen it in combination with Linux so I'm reporting this here.

In short, every pack which replaces music doesn't, and after putting it on the right side in the ressource pack selection UI it does nothing and the game continues playing vanilla music.
Texture & Sound Packs and Worlds work fine.

Every music pack I tested (about five) didn't load, even after...
- making sure that they had the correct Syntax (Content/Music/Music_x.ogg)
- making local copies of the packs by creating a new folder with a new pack.json and copying the music files from the workshop files into it.
- making a test ressource pack with random music from my music library
- renaming the Music folder to "Sounds", "Sound", "music" and "Musics"
- Redownloading the verified "Sound Bank.xsb", "TerrariaMusic.xgs" & "Wave Bank.xwb" files from Steam

All music files were listenable to in my audio player and aside from the pack.json & workshop.json files (which my notepad program "Kate" couldn't read), every file seems fine.

Music Packs I tested were:

We're getting a couple of reports of Music Packs not working on Mac, and with Terraria, Mac issues and Linux issues are often identical. I'm going to tentatively assume that is the case here.

With that said, you can help by getting a log for us!

1. Go to Terraria properties in Steam Library, to the section that says set Launch options
2. Paste this into the field:
-logerrors -logfile
3. Next time you run (and every time you run the game), it will create a log of things that happen.
4. The log will be in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.
5. Please send us the file created, and we will try to look into it.
6. When you are done, feel free to REMOVE the -logerrors -logfile, because it will be making these anytime you play, and it can take up space.

I have a Mac user who will be collecting a log, but a Linux variant as well could reveal other information, especially if the issue is actually different.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks for the quick response! Sharing with Yoraiz0r now, hopefully we can find the issue from the log. :)

@CatJat

Do any of these packs have proper pack.jsons in their main folder? Did you format them properly?

The error seems to indicate that the pack.json is the source of the error. Can you share your pack.json here?

@Leinfors
These are the pack.jsons from the workshop folder of the two Music Packs I tested during logging
(pack.json is for the OMORI Pack and pack2.json for the Everhood Pack)

If the pack.json file is somehow corrupt, I'm wondering how Terraria could still load them / make them visible in the UI.
I tried making a new pack.json for the OMORI Pack and it still didn't work (It was displayed, but vanilla music continued playing)

(And that's it for the quick reply streak...)

Attachments

• pack.json
    257 bytes · Views: 130
  • pack2.json
    233 bytes · Views: 90
Last edited:
Alright, we are looking into it. I downloaded some of the packs, and had no issues with them. The json files seemed alright to me, so we are looking into alternative causes.

I'll let you know if there's anything else that might help!

That's fantastic! We weren't sure if the Mac fix would work on Linux (no one was able to test in time), but I'm glad to hear it!

Back
Top Bottom