Xbox One World crashes in specific area, unsure why

Highjump

Terrarian
(I have already sent in a report to the console devs)
I've noticed that this bug has been occurring for a while, yet no solution (if any exists) has been posted here. In a certain section of a large legacy world I'd been playing on for years, the game crashes instantly. I had been able to play on the world in that area after porting it to the Xbox One. The area is slightly to the left of the central surface area (where one spawns upon first entering), and does not extend fully left, right or down (unsure about fully up. I cannot walk, fly or teleport into the area.

My theory is that the wiring setup in the area (used for teleporters and actuators) is causing an issue, based on a bug from the Xbox 360 version that caused wires longer than a certain length to crash the game. It being a legacy world, I figure this glitch might have been re-enabled in some update. Either that or the world is corrupted. I've sunk so much time into the world over the past few years, but this bug has stopped me from playing the game entirely.

I don't want to abandon the world, so if anyone knows what the issue is or how to fix it, please reply.
*edit: Also, it crashes with any character, coming at it from any direction, and disabling the map did nothing.

Last edited:
(I have already sent in a report to the console devs)
I've noticed that this bug has been occurring for a while, yet no solution (if any exists) has been posted here. In a certain section of a large legacy world I'd been playing on for years, the game crashes instantly. I had been able to play on the world in that area after porting it to the Xbox One. The area is slightly to the left of the central surface area (where one spawns upon first entering), and does not extend fully left, right or down (unsure about fully up. I cannot walk, fly or teleport into the area.

My theory is that the wiring setup in the area (used for teleporters and actuators) is causing an issue, based on a bug from the Xbox 360 version that caused wires longer than a certain length to crash the game. It being a legacy world, I figure this glitch might have been re-enabled in some update. Either that or the world is corrupted. I've sunk so much time into the world over the past few years, but this bug has stopped me from playing the game entirely.

I don't want to abandon the world, so if anyone knows what the issue is or how to fix it, please reply.
*edit: Also, it crashes with any character, coming at it from any direction, and disabling the map did nothing.
Hi there @Highjump, there was a new update out on Xbox One today for Terraria. After the game updated, is this still a problem?

I'm glad that you were able to send in a report to the console devs. For anyone else that is stopping by, here is the link to get your bug report sent directly to Pipeworks, the console developers: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Back
Top Bottom