world deleted itself?

lacunnax

Terrarian
I clicked save and exit as usual, next day i went to open the world and it said "load failed no backup found" or something (pretty sure i had a backup though). it wouldnt load but the actual world was still in my worlds list. now a day later i went to check and the world was gone completely? it was a new world i made for 1.4 and spent only about 35 or so hours on it which isnt too bad but still kinda sucks i might have to restart again. Is there a way to get it back?

In your case it is very strange that it says there is no backup, but try this:

go to Documents/My Games/Terraria/Worlds

once there you will find something along the lines of "<world name>.wld"

If your world is listed there, then it wasn't deleted but something went wrong and it was corrupted. To fix this, you can go to Steam, then right click Terraria, then Properties, in properties click on Local Files. There you will go down and click "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

If that doesnt work try uninstalling Terraria and reinstalling it through Steam. Dont worry, it will save your saves and worlds and stuff. If you are really worried about the loss of saves, then just save them to the steam cloud.

Let me know if any of this works.

I've tried to go to properties but after I click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files" it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" I've tried this 2 times and both times said the same thing.
I also tried to uninstall but the world still wasn't there.

The actual world is still in my documents so im guessing it was corrupted like you said, as both the things didn't work is there anything else I could do or should i just start a new world?

Hmm...I had the same thing happen to me one time, it said 1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired, but i cant remember what i did after that. I wish i could be of more assistance but i think it would be a good idea to go to the official tModloader discord server, and ask for help there. Im not sure if that'll turn up any more answers but it may be worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom