PS4 World Dupe/Overwrite

Strongo85

Terrarian
This issue is online play only
How it works:
Hosts world will overwrite one of yours if you disconnect from the host, due to network error meaning your internet turning off while playing or you lag. Once you disconnect it will say saving world data and when you go to your game menu you see your friends world where what I believe is your last visited world before connecting to theres ,so be careful ! Also in that world in some chest items they are empty/disappeared ... Which hurts because my world got overwritten bur my friend had my world and he invited to tease me he has my world now then I dissconnected got it back but now all my items are missing . BE CAREFUL EVERYONE

How it works:
Hosts world will overwrite one of yours if you disconnect from the host, due to network error meaning your internet turning off while playing or you lag. Once you disconnect it will say saving world data and when you go to your game menu you see your friends world where what I believe is your last visited world before connecting to theres ,so be careful ! Also in that world in some chest items they are empty/disappeared ... Which hurts because my world got overwritten bur my friend had my world and he invited to tease me he has my world now then I dissconnected got it back but now all my items are missing . BE CAREFUL EVERYONE
Yeah I suffered the same thing which really sucks because now my world is gone but not only that, but the player that I lost my world to claims that he doesn’t have my world, and if what you are saying is true, which is the same conclusion i came to as well, is lying to me and won’t give it back :( . not really sure what to do now other than make a new world and start from scratch.

So as I duped back my world that my friend got when we firdt descovered the glitch but didnt understand how , well 3/4ths of the world is missing and now after playing sometime regardless the lighting in the background has glitched out to move like a pattern straigjt from chowder the show itself anywhere I go , played for 5 more minuts and now the pcs are floating in the background with me... I legit cant play at all now and my 4hour long built castles gone... :(

So as I duped back my world that my friend got when we firdt descovered the glitch but didnt understand how , well 3/4ths of the world is missing and now after playing sometime regardless the lighting in the background has glitched out to move like a pattern straigjt from chowder the show itself anywhere I go , played for 5 more minuts and now the pcs are floating in the background with me... I legit cant play at all now and my 4hour long built castles gone... :(
I guess I just won’t be playing with people anymore until they quickly fix these many bugs :/

My whole castle was PITCH BLACK until i used the map to guide myself out down to the floor everything appeared again then flew back up and the lights are now not lighting anything.
[doublepost=1513465071,1513464903][/doublepost]
I guess I just won’t be playing with people anymore until they quickly fix these many bugs :/
I'm so sorry thats happening man... Yeah me neither I spent so much time on this world now I don't even have the castle to spawn skeleton or the corrupt...

Attachments

• 20171216_155021.jpg
    20171216_155021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 699
  • 20171216_155108.jpg
    20171216_155108.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 300
If I at least got my world back I wouldn’t have been as upset as I am now but the person I lost my world to won’t even look for my world in his world select screen and then claims he doesn’t have it. I’m just gonna start again and move past it but I tried to download it from the cloud but the cloud even crashes everytime I try to open it.

What I do to counter this issue till it gets resolved is going into a fresh world that is newly created and then save & exiting. Then join a multiplayer world. Takes an extra step but it has kept me from losing my worlds. Every time I want to join a world and I was in my world last I just join that new world or whichever the world is after it gotten overwritten then do the same as before and then quit and join my friend's world. Also if you are worried about losing stuff you can always backup to usb just in case then if it overrides a world you can copy the backed up world data back onto the ps4. I hope they are able to fix this as well as the graphical issues in multiplayer soon.

My daughter just suffered this - lost her main world that she has spent ages working on. Is there an way to recover this from a backup or anything?

My daughter just suffered this - lost her main world that she has spent ages working on. Is there an way to recover this from a backup or anything?
I just suffered from it
[doublepost=1514565317,1514565266][/doublepost]I just had this happen to me... someone please help if you know how to :(

How it works:

this happened to me to, but to my main world where i had spent 100+ hours

Does no one not back up saves anymore? With a game like this, it should be done daily if not every few hrs or after a crash but need alternate between PS+ and USB cause you don't want to back up to the same storage twice in a row cause you could be backing up corrupted data or the wrong worlds.

I'm using PS+ and 2 USBs to back up save to.

If saves were never backed-up they are likely lost but maybe there is something in the SYSTEM file but also maybe not! Just don't lose that file!

Really all you can do is start a world again should still have characters and whatever was on them, and piggy bank and safe, AND THIS TIME DON'T FORGET TO BACK-UP SAVES with USB and Cloud but make sure you can decide when it upload the saves or not, or it could end up uploading a corrupted file too.

And Back-up Saves before joining anyone and also make an extra world that you don't care about and enter that world before joining someone else!

If saves were never backed-up they are likely lost but maybe there is something in the SYSTEM file but also maybe not! Just don't lose that file!

Really all you can do is start a world again should still have characters and whatever was on them, and piggy bank and safe, AND THIS TIME DON'T FORGET TO BACK-UP SAVES with USB and Cloud but make sure you can decide when it upload the saves or not, or it could end up uploading a corrupted file too.

And Back-up Saves before joining anyone and also make an extra world that you don't care about and enter that world before joining someone else!

I never made a backup but when I go to upload to system storage to online storage I can see the file for my main world.

I never made a backup but when I go to upload to system storage to online storage I can see the file for my main world.
There is an Auto Upload setting any time you use Rest Most will upload the most recent saves and you set certain game saves to be uploaded! should mainly pick game saves that take up little online storage space as possible!

And make sure you pick download and not upload! and did it ask you to overwrite anything when downloading it? LIke that Copied world? it should have had a different name but same slot?

Having the same issue on Xbox One. I get into my friends world and It replaces my world. Any cloud save feature on Xbox that I can restore the world from?

Back
Top Bottom