World files corrupted (second time this has happened)

DarthSion007

Spazmatism
Screenshot 2020-12-17 184228.png

legitimately 3 minutes after playing the world with my friend via "steam host and play" I try to go play it in single-player and this pops up, we've now lost 2 worlds to this bug. I have over 600 hours in the game and I've NEVER seen this until the 1.4 updates. pls help me figure out how to get the world back, i spent so many hours on this world :(

I tried exiting the game and rejoining, I tried exiting steam and restarting my pc, I can't get the world back, can I? :(

Try to see if you have any old backup files (for example, if you haven't emptied your trash bin folder in a good while, check that, there was a bug a few versions ago that placed old backup files in the trash bin), and if you find any, move the corrupted file (and the .bak file that corresponds to it) out of the worlds folder (And rename it to something like "bad world" to tell it apart/remind yourself to delete it later) and replace it with the backup file you have (don't forget to remove the .bak from the file name), if you can't find any and you don't have a backup you made yourself, then the world is sadly gone, and I know how that feels as I've had it happen multiple times and only managed to save one using this trick.

Back
Top Bottom