Xbox 360 World will not load

Blazingchief

Terrarian
Hey guys! I hope you can help me I really won't want to lose this world. When I try to load in my world it will 1/4 of the way and then freeze my game. The letters are red or anything like that. It does this to me o both the Xbox 360 and Xbox one versions.

Nothing unusual happened, I loaded up my character normally then loaded up my world and it would freeze my console. I've tried loading a new world and it works fine. I even made a new character and tried loading up my world with the same result still.

Nothing unusual happened, I loaded up my character normally then loaded up my world and it would freeze my console. I've tried loading a new world and it works fine. I even made a new character and tried loading up my world with the same result still.
did you try moving that save or something?

Hey guys! I hope you can help me I really won't want to lose this world. When I try to load in my world it will 1/4 of the way and then freeze my game. The letters are red or anything like that. It does this to me o both the Xbox 360 and Xbox one versions.
same thing
[doublepost=1465102380,1465102327][/doublepost]exept I didn't do anything with the cloud or transfer a world it just stopped working.

My world is doing the same thing! I worked really hard on the world and do not want to lose it. It just randomly stopped loading and froze my console! Please help.

My world is doing the same thing! I worked really hard on the world and do not want to lose it. It just randomly stopped loading and froze my console! Please help.
Sadly there isn't anything that can be done if the save is corrupted. Only making backups regularly to a thumb drive can protect you against this.

Do you have AutoSave On? I suggest that you turn it off and save manually instead, before/after doing something significant.

I've had the same exact problem. I'm not sure what I can do.

I've had the same exact problem. I'm not sure what I can do.
Sadly there isn't anything you or 505 can do if the save is corrupted. :(
The only things you can do is avoiding storing everything in a single world/character, and make a backup to a thumb drive regularly. Making backups is at least an option for you on the 360. I've recently moved to XB1 and it doesn't seem to be possible to do that, which really bugs me.

Same thing has happened on both of my profiles. It happened to the third world on the list if that helps. When it freezes it says (Loading World Data). I hope they are able to fix this as it was my main world. Also on another world of mine, all of the blocks not background or wall disappeared on one half of the world. :joy:

Same thing has happened on both of my profiles. It happened to the third world on the list if that helps. When it freezes it says (Loading World Data). I hope they are able to fix this as it was my main world. Also on another world of mine, all of the blocks not background or wall disappeared on one half of the world. :joy:
Unfortunately corrupted saves are rarely, if ever, possible to fix. Especially if you saved the game after the file was corrupted.

I had the same thing happen, in all of my worlds, but when I last saved there was no sign of any corruption.

[Edit] The loading bar got a bit further than what it did when I originally posted, about 7 pixels.
[Edit 2] It got a bit further, about 5/16 of the bar

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen, in all of my worlds, but when I last saved there was no sign of any corruption.

[Edit] The loading bar got a bit further than what it did when I originally posted, about 7 pixels.
[Edit 2] It got a bit further, about 5/16 of the bar
What is meant when we say it’s a corrupted world is that the file became corrupted. Not that there is too much purple Corruption in the world. The actual save file is destroyed.

Also, the original replies to this thread were from about two years ago, so it may have been an issue with a two year-ago update. There can be other reasons for this to happen, but the most common is interrupting the save process.

Back
Top Bottom