Xbox 360 Wyvern Territory?

Rangingly

Terrarian
Building a small world up for many weeks now, but I'm beginning to suspect that the world is just to darn high ! It tops out at 174 m above on the Depth Meter. My NPC's are all in a structure that sits at 55 m above and goes up tp 94. When I go hard mode, will Wyvern's target the house? I can manage to lower the overall height of the house from 94 to 84, but beyond that would require a complete rebuilding.

Also: Tried to build the 150 tiles up Destroyer platform in the lowest part of the world but hit space at 101! So I lowered that part until demon alters made it impractical. Still way to close to Space! Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks all! -R

Should have mentioned it's 360.

Assuming that you are in space right now, they will most likely attack you and your npcs in hardmode.
According to the Terraria page, one must be 100 tiles away from Space. I'm not even close! Wish I'd caught that a month ago when I started! Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure wyverns can't spawn where town NPCs live - probably because they would murder town NPCs right away. So, the town likely will be safe, even if it would be in the height that is normally wyvern territory.
not sure whether it applies to Xbox 360 though, but I'm assuming it does... it's like that on PC I think, at least.

I'm pretty sure wyverns can't spawn where town NPCs live - probably because they would murder town NPCs right away. So, the town likely will be safe, even if it would be in the height that is normally wyvern territory.
not sure whether it applies to Xbox 360 though, but I'm assuming it does... it's like that on PC I think, at least.
I don't think thats true, i had a town of npcs in the sky on ps4 and when i defeated the wof and got into hardmode my npcs along with me were attacked by them.

I don't think thats true, i had a town of npcs in the sky on ps4 and when i defeated the wof and got into hardmode my npcs along with me were attacked by them.
I remember on first playthrough, I moved my town to the sky because of surface menaces in hardmode, and I think I never seen wyverns spawning there. But I don't usually build towns in the sky, so I didn't really tested it more since.
It can happen though that if you go farther, wyverns will spawn, and they do will follow you back to the town too. But I think they will not spawns near town NPCs. though that might apply only to PC or something, I don't know.

The house is high, and then I stacked the warehouse, factory, and greenhouse on top of it. My fear is that I'll be harvesting Deadweed and a Wyvern will attack down through the house, which I've seen happen. I'll probably have to move that other stuff away from the house in a separate facility, which is what I'll do (another few days' work at least, and I was ready for the change today) unless someone out there can pull a solution out of their Magic Hat! Thanks! -R PS: I've never seen a warning about Worlds built too high, and I read everything before proceeding.

I remember on first playthrough, I moved my town to the sky because of surface menaces in hardmode, and I think I never seen wyverns spawning there. But I don't usually build towns in the sky, so I didn't really tested it more since.
It can happen though that if you go farther, wyverns will spawn, and they do will follow you back to the town too. But I think they will not spawns near town NPCs. though that might apply only to PC or something, I don't know.
Thanks much for that! Maybe I'll just try it. -R

The house is high, and then I stacked the warehouse, factory, and greenhouse on top of it. My fear is that I'll be harvesting Deadweed and a Wyvern will attack down through the house, which I've seen happen. I'll probably have to move that other stuff away from the house in a separate facility, which is what I'll do (another few days' work at least, and I was ready for the change today) unless someone out there can pull a solution out of their Magic Hat! Thanks! -R PS: I've never seen a warning about Worlds built too high, and I read everything before proceeding.
I'm assuming, based on what I read, I think - though I might be wrong - that wyverns won't spawn near town NPCs. therefore, if you would spread the NPCs a bit more in the base, or at least put 1-2 in the storage, greenhouse, etc. too, it might will cover the whole base.

I'm assuming, based on what I read, I think - though I might be wrong - that wyverns won't spawn near town NPCs. therefore, if you would spread the NPCs a bit more in the base, or at least put 1-2 in the storage, greenhouse, etc. too, it might will cover the whole base.
That's great thought! Your Magic Hat is working great! Thanks! -R

Back
Top Bottom