Xbox One Xbox 360 world not downloading on Xbox One

TigerAlpaca

Terrarian
My Xbox 360 Terraria world will not download to the Xbox One version of Terraria. It will upload no problem but it can be downloading for hours to just crash the game, forcing me to restart. This is my main world which I have spent hours of play time on so I would hate to lose everything. If I can't upload the world my final resort will be to just blow everything up and harvest all of my blocks to I don't loose them, but I would like to avoid this if necessary. I've looked everywhere but I can't find anyone with a similar problem. I have the most recent version of Terraria so that shouldn't be the problem and 3 of my characters (including my main one) have transferred with no fuss involved. Please help as I would hate to loose everything I've worked so hard on. I also don't seem to get any kind of percent bar, it just gets stuck on saying downloading while the title screen continues in the background. I tried leaving it on overnight but when I checked this morning the game had crashed (again) and no save data was downloaded unfortunately

Last edited:
My Xbox 360 Terraria world will not download to the Xbox One version of Terraria. It will upload no problem but it can be downloading for hours to just crash the game, forcing me to restart. This is my main world which I have spent hours of play time on so I would hate to lose everything. If I can't upload the world my final resort will be to just blow everything up and harvest all of my blocks to I don't loose them, but I would like to avoid this if necessary. I've looked everywhere but I can't find anyone with a similar problem. I have the most recent version of Terraria so that shouldn't be the problem and 3 of my characters (including my main one) have transferred with no fuss involved. Please help as I would hate to loose everything I've worked so hard on. I also don't seem to get any kind of percent bar, it just gets stuck on saying downloading while the title screen continues in the background. I tried leaving it on overnight but when I checked this morning the game had crashed (again) and no save data was downloaded unfortunately
Hi there @TigerAlpaca, one thing that I’ve seen has worked for others is that signs created in the old Xbox 360 world are keeping the world from being downloaded onto X1 successfully. If you go into the 360 world and remove all signs (and maybe even gravestones if they have custom text on them), then re-upload, then try downloading on X1 again, that may be a solution.

I haven’t tried this myself, I highly recommend making a backup of your 360 world onto a usb before doing anything if the world is important to you.

Hi there @TigerAlpaca, one thing that I’ve seen has worked for others is that signs created in the old Xbox 360 world are keeping the world from being downloaded onto X1 successfully. If you go into the 360 world and remove all signs (and maybe even gravestones if they have custom text on them), then re-upload, then try downloading on X1 again, that may be a solution.

I haven’t tried this myself, I highly recommend making a backup of your 360 world onto a usb before doing anything if the world is important to you.
Okay! Thank you! I will back up the world onto a USB before doing this and then I'll let you know if it works :)

Back
Top Bottom