Your main Pre-Hardmode loadout?

I recently beat the WoF on my Melee char.

Items:
Night's Edge
Dark Lance
Meatball
Code 1 (Yea, I shrekt the wall with that)
Ice Boomerang
Magic Mirror
Molten Armor

Accessories:
Lightning Boots
Lucky Horseshoe (I still don't have wings yet as of now ;s; )
Magic Carpet
Obsidian Shield
Yoyo String

Meteorite armor, space gun water bolt, flamelash, flower of fire, crimson rod, demon scythe,book of skulls, vilethorn and last but not least my trusty diamond staff

As for accessories I go for lightning boots, bundle of baloons, mana flower, mana regeneration band and obsidian shield :)

I just farm queen bee and make a dirt platform through most of the under world spamming beenades at the wall of flesh while using minishark with molten armor or space gun with meteor armor with potions of course
easy game easy life

I tend to choose what's on hand. If I have a minishark, I'll use that. If I have molten armor, I'll wear that. If I made Jungle armor, that'll also work. I'll pick any useful accessories at that time (Spectre boots, or anything that comes from it) and Obsidian Shields are the only accessories that are usually consistent

It varies, but magic seems to be the most consistent (even though ranged or throwing is probably better)
I'll wear the Jungle armor set, frostspark boots, obsidian shield, frog leg, any double jump item, and the mana cuffs or mana flower
Weapons include the demon scythe, water bolt, bee gun, space gun, crimson rod or aqua scepter, imp staff, and dark lance or nights edge
It definitely isn't the most powerful setup but it gets the job done, mostly preparing for hardmode

I beat wall of flesh in my previous playthrough, using meteor armor, space gun, beenades. Potions: Obsidian skin, Ironskin. Accessories: Hermes boots, cloud, sanstorm, and tsunami in a bottle. Band of regen

What I aim for is:
Amazon.png
Minishark.png
Space_Gun.png
with
Crimson_armor_male.png
Yellow_Horseshoe_Balloon.png
Sweetheart_Necklace.png
Obsidian_Shield.png
Band_of_Regeneration.png
Frostspark_Boots.png

A must-have for me that I try to rush getting every normal pre-hardmode play-through are:
Amazon.png
Crimson_armor_male.png
Obsidian_Shield.png
Frostspark_Boots.png

I use this

Armor:Necro

Accessories:

Shield of catoloo
Obsidian shield
Worm scarf
Frost spark boots
Bundle of balloons
Hive pack

Weapons:

The fire bow thing
The bee bow
Mini shark
Star cannon
Fire gun
[doublepost=1517953925,1517953846][/doublepost]:confused:
I beat wall of flesh in my previous playthrough, using meteor armor, space gun, beenades. Potions: Obsidian skin, Ironskin. Accessories: Hermes boots, cloud, sanstorm, and tsunami in a bottle. Band of regen
How do you do the thing with the items?

I REALLY hate the whole molten mining stage (I get restless in Terraria). Therefore I usually end up with just a Molten Pickaxe and Night's Edge from that. Other than that though, I usually just end up going into hardmode with whatever I have...

I tend to almost always end up fighting WoF with meteor armor and spacegun. For accessories I always go in with obsidian shield, band of regen, lightning boots, tiger climbing gear (i kinda just leave the climbing gear on until I get wings), and a bunch of obsidian potions and waterwalking potions (I'm never bothered to build a dirt bridge).

My Pre Hardmode Loadout is nights edge dark Lance cascade sunfury flamerang spinal tap stat cannon mini shark flower of fire imp staff houndius shootius molten Hamaxe molten Pickaxe 5 stacks of honeyfin for healing an 5 stacks of mana potions for mana then a magic ice mirror and then a magic conch then party bullets and falling stars for anmo then molten armor then a obisidean shield then terraspark boots then the worm scarf then the shield of Cthulhu then lighting boots then magnet flower then brain of confusion then after a long time get the bone key then get the magic lantern then get the demonic hellcart then get the honeyed goggles for a mount and then get the web slinger for my hook then I go and face the wall of flesh and that is every that is everything I get before fighting the wall of flesh that is my pre hardmode loadout

Last edited:
Everybody has their epic end-game Hardmode loadout, full of stuff from the Hardmode Dungeon, Frost and Pumpkin Moons, and even just Plantera and Golem. But what about the stuff from the Underground Jungle, the Underworld, and the Dungeon? Dust off the old suit of Molten Armor and study your Water Bolt spell tome, because we are talking about pre-hardmode loadouts! There aren't as many options, but pre-hardmode is still fun.

I personally use Necro Armor, and main the Boomstick and Phoenix Blaster, with a Star Cannon sometimes. What do you like to enter hardmode with?

I guess I am saying this because my LP is finally entering hardmode (and my friend Sean is on his first character, so he has no idea what he is in for!), and I am reflecting on what has happened over the past 62 episodes. Yeah we are kind of slow like that.
I usually enter hardmode with night’s edge, then I try to make true nights edge, then the Terra blade…

My pre-hardmode setup really depends on what I'm trying to do (since when I do a play through, there's usually some kind of restriction to it). If there are no class restrictions, I'd use summoner which consists of vampire frog (if bridge is yes) and hornets with one or two shark tooth necklaces. I'd get either ballista or explosive trap since they are the two best OOA sentries and I'd want to do OOA later into hardmode anyways.

It varies a bit from playthrough to playthrough depending on what I focus on, but generally I have a tendency to have a majority of melee loadout weapons so my peak Pre-Hardmode loadout generally looks something like this:

Armor:
Molten or Shadow/Crimtane Armor

Weapons:
Night's Edge
Dark Lance
Sunfury
Demon Scythe
Hellwing Bow

Tools:
Molten Pickaxe
Molten Hamaxe
Golden Fishing Rod
Lavaproof Net or Golden Bug Net

Accessories:
Terraspark Boots or Amphibian Boots
Band of Regeneration
Shield of Cthulhu
Obsidian Shield
Brain of Confusion or Worm Scarf
Royal Gel

Grappling Hook:
Ivy Whip or Web Slinger

Pet:
Varies a lot

Light Pet:
Shadow Orb or Demon Heart

Minecart:
Demonic Hellcart or Ladybug Cart or Mushroom Cart

Mount:
Horse Mount or Lavashark Mount

2nd Loadout Slot will be for a secondary class if I'm mostly using melee such as ranged or magic, or I'll use it for melee focused things if I'm focusing on a different class in a playthrough. But generally I'll also use it to "store" another vanity combination of outfit and dye I enjoy.

I'll keep anything Fishing or building related in my 3rd loadout slot usually.

Armor:
Angler Armor

Accessories:
Amphibian Boots or Terraspark Boots (If I get an extra of either)
Shield of Cthulhu
Band of Regeneration
Lavaproof Tackle Bag
Hand of Creation
Glowing Moss Fishing Bobber

Why do people not consider the Ultrakill loadout?
Shadow scale armor
ALL possible speed buffs
Handgun with meteor bullets (Revolver)
boomstick (Shotgun)
minishark (Nailgun)
musket (Railcannon)
molten fury with hellfire arrows (Rocket launcher)
enchanted sword (Fist)

Emerald hook
climbing claws/shoe spikes
magiluminescence
cobalt shield
other misc accessories to fill in a slot

It's not the closest to Ultrakill, but more Hardmode options will make it more so.

mine kinds of varies but in my main world and my main character i have this. my character is a ranger, BTW

Armor:
Molten armor

Vanity:
Lizard set

Tools:
Volcano
Molten pickaxe
Molten hamaxe
Minishark
Phoenix blaster
Boomstick
Musket
Molten fury
Dark lance
Star cannon
Rally
Sunfury
Beenades
Grenades
Hellwing bow

Accessories:
Tiger climbing gear
Lightning boots
Obsidian shield
Stinger necklase
Band of regeneration

Pet:
Baby imp

Minecart:
Demonic hellcar

Grappling hook:
Amethyst hook

Peak summoner class loadout pre-hardmode (obviously depends on many factors, espically luck and if I can be bothered to get some of the gear and reforges, etc)

Armour - Obsidian armour
Even with the nerfs it's still probably better than the bee armour, I think they need to buff the bee armour slightly to make there be more incentive to use it (a defense boost and buffing the set bonus slightly could be good I feel, don't know how would it affect the general balance though)

Weapons - Spinal Tap, Imp Staff, Hornet Staff, Vampire Frog Staff,
Ballista rod, Lightning Aura Rod.
Just like having lots of options with summons, especially cause they are benefits to use other minions (Bees do more dps than IMPS plus work underwater, frog can be useful for ground events like goblin army/old ones army at this point) but mostly use imp staff

Accessories - Terraspark Boots, Pygmy Necklace, Shield of Cthulhu, Obsidian Shield, Worm Scarf/Brain of confusion, Feral Claws/Bundle of Balloons/Fledgling wings/Necklace
I usually go for fledgling wings cause it's far more convenient to get compared to the bundle of balloons, but feral claws if I want more damage on my whip.

Other Stuff - Any Grappling Hook, Any mount (prefer bee/shark though), Any pet that looks cool, Molten tools.

All reforges on accesories are menacing, Reforges on weapons is whatever the best is on the wiki lol

After the rework, blade of grass is insane to rush since you can get it rly early, if you can stand dying multiple times in the jungle :confused:

Back
Top Bottom