OOC Zero Dark Fifty (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibithia Σ

Plantera
The year is 2065. The world is in a situation where it's vastly different in some ways, yet also has some parts of familiarity. Complicated political reasons that resulted in defunding of many military superpowers resulted in private military corporations (or PMCs) reigning supreme in terms of country defence, and warfighting. The top PMCs are in a contest for domination over the market, and the fate of the world remains unclear.

But by now, it's obvious that one of either two corporations is gonna come out as the victor: the Corporation for Service and Security (CSS), or the Accord of Criminal Suppression (ACS), both being longstanding rivals, and the two with the most funding out of any, due to their expansions to residental security and law enforcement, respectively.

There are several factors that may change the outcome, however. Recent developments have resulted in a possibility of travel between the multiverse, but it's extremely limited as of now, restricted to only government research groups. Other developments into android soldiers are also being made, with the idea of using a combination of lab-grown animals and robotics being done by some.

And lastly, there seem to be rumors of an unknown group, popping up to clean up the aftermath of battles, taking hostages, and disappearing. But they're just rumors. Right?

The story starts in the city of Miami, the location of the headquarters for ACS.

1. A character submission is required. Please follow the template, or at least a simplified version.
2. For the love of god, no bunnying characters (taking control of other's characters).
3. If a submission is denied, feel free to make edits. I'm willing to give characters second chances.
4. Permission to kill is required, but please don't abuse it (i.e. A character may be able to dodge or survive a knife stab, but a missile is a bit of a stretch).
5. If you feel left out, make sure to let others know.
6. Main character limit (characters with submissions) is 7. Minor character limit (characters without submissions) is infinite.
7. Try not to nitpick too much. This is for fun.
8. Yes, I allow non-human characters, but at least explain why they're here if they're non-human, or why they're non-human.

Character Name:

Character Nickname:

Character Gender:

Character Age:

Character Appearance:

Character Species/Nationality:

Character Height:

Character Weight:

Character Personality:

Character Equipment:

Character Abilities:

Character Backstory:

Character Quirks:

Character Flaws:

Extras/Trivia:
Name:

Appearance (Pictures or Description):

Species/Nationality:

Personality:

Equipment/Weapons and armor:

Ablities:

Quirks:

Flaws:

The list of countries is mostly the same as it is in 2021, except for some changes...
-Most of western countries are united territorially into one United Europe superbloc (though still independent linguistically), Swiss, V4, Baltic States, Nordic States and Balkans being independent. Capital city of that superstate is Brussels.
- UK had split into three - Scotland, England and Wales. Ireland gets Northern Ireland. Scotland and Wales joins EU.
- Obligatory demographic crisis in China and on rich countries, birth rates in Africa and poorer Asian countries stagnate.
- Global warming makes the Equator +-15 degrees virtually no man's land, barring cities still having means to cool their citizens.
- Venezuela is partitioned between Guinea (united with other Guineas), Colombia and Amazon Republic.
- Brazil is split into Brazilian Confederacy and Amazon Republic.
-Ukraine is now allied with ACS, minus Crimea, Donetsk and Lugansk Oblasts.
-Somalia has broken apart, and has merged with Kenya and Ethiopia.
-Myanmar (Burma) has been taken over by CSS, and Cuba is mostly run by ACS.
-North Korea and the Rocky Mountains area are recovering from several nuclear attacks on each other.
-The official headquarters of Activision have moved to Zürich, Switzerland.
Most firearms haven't really changed beyond the ones we have in 2021, due to complex stock market and economics reasons, and the fact that I don't wanna create new names for weapons that would just be stealing from video games.
But that's just firearms. Artillery and other weapons are a whole different story. Gauss rifles are basically mass-produced for warships, and a prototype for a Gauss rifle-armed tank have released recently. Plus, there's a lot of corporations moving towards cyberspying (apparently this isn't a real word) and hacking, but some still use physical files due to being harder to steal remotely, and more EMP resistance.
As for transportation, development has gone towards making cars cheaper to produce, as electric cars are much more common. Maglev trains are also more widespread, with above-ground railways replaced with maglev rails. Air transportation and subway travel hasn't really changed however.
Communication tech has mostly gone forward in expected ways, but for military usage, older technology is often used to make call tracing harder (which means lots of burner phones and stuff like that).
Most other cool stuff is limited, or restricted to certain groups.

Last edited:
So, as part of character creation, is it possible to have them work for PMCs that aren't CSS or ACS?

Yeah, sure.
You know what? Go ahead and create your own. I'll let anybody do that.
Working for one isn't even needed.

UA&CMG
United Aid & Civilian Militia Group

-Name: Mark Collins

-Nickname: Jack

-Species: Human

-Nationality: (I'm not sure what to put here.)

-Appearance: Pale Skin, Dark brown hair, Black leather jacket, Black pants, and a blue shirt.

-Personality: When possible he tries to be relaxed and funny, but otherwise he's mostly serious.

-Equipment: HK MP5SD, HK MK23, HK45, Combat Knife, Gas Mask, Two Smoke Grenades, Three Flashbangs, One Frag Grenade, First Aid Kit.

-Abilities: He's good at memorising things, and Look at one of his weaknesses, and that should tell you.

-Quirks/Strengths: His mind is unable to be altered by anything less than god-like beings, or infections of similar strength. He's also a little more resistant to cold than the average person.

-Flaws/Weaknesses: Not the best at melee combat, and he gets nervous being around other people shortly before a full moon.

-Backstory: Mark Collins used to work for CMI before it merged with UAG as a security guard, however after the two companies merged he signed up to go serve as a police officer at some location. Before he left for his new assignment however, he disappeared for a week, and when he showed up again he was instead working to gather information, starting with other PMCs, and then moving on to other things.

Ask me if you want to know about the backstory of UA&CMG.

-Extras: Text colour is #5C505E

All information provided by UA&CMG is not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. UA&CMG is not liable for damages caused by misinformation.
United Aid Group, Civilian Militia International, United Aid & Civilian Militia Group © United Private Military Aid Groups LTD.

So, here's the character I'll start out with.
Character Name:
Jason Terrace
Character Nickname:
Agent T (He does not like being called it)
Character Gender:
Male
Character Age:
Character Appearance:
Dark skinned, grey hair, goes between a black suit and red tie for work, and khaki pants and a white and green polo shirt for outside of work.
Character Species/Nationality:
Human, American.
Character Personality:
Open to conversation, but tends to let loose heavy and often outdated opinions while doing so. Also pretty good at following orders.
Character Equipment:
A modern gas mask, VSS Vintorez, Glock 19 Canadian, and modified flip phone to protect against call tracing.
Character Abilities:
Highly persuasive, somewhat accurate with firearms, can mentally handle the supernatural.
Character Backstory:
Mostly worked between the CSIS and FSB for about 25 years by now. Recently got into work with ACS for handling intel and giving orders.
In reality, he's worked with ACS for about 10 years, before then working with the CIA in some sort of alternate universe.
Character Quirks:
For someone his age, he's oddly a fan of James Bond.
Character Flaws:
Doesn't entirely understand current technology, and sometimes lets slip that his backstory is a cover.
Extras/Trivia:
Text color is #CB4335

I'm pretty sure that James Bond would have been around before he was born, so it wouldn't be weird that he's a fan.

Oh, right, forgot this was set in 2065 and not 2021. However, considering how long James Bond has been around, and how they're still making movies, I wouldn't be surprised if it would still be around in 2065.

Actually, some information about if there are any missing or new countries would be nice, and also some information about available tech.

It looks like it have potencial, + i dont have anything to do so i guees I'm going to make my character later on my pc.
(Question: have AI advanced?)

-The Republic of Crimea is now owned by the US Government, acting as a place for military workers to live in case of war against countries in the Eastern Hemisphere.
Uh, that'd piss off Ukraine and Russia, mainly latter, as it is ethnically Russian.

Also a suggestion of country changes.
- (If we're going through it) Ukraine is now allied with Russia (don't know their security contractors) along with Belarus and other ex-USSR nations, excluding Baltic states.
- (If not) Ukraine is now allied with ACS, minus Crimea, Donetsk and Lugansk Oblasts.
- (Optional) Most of western countries are united territorially into one United Europe superbloc (though still independent linguistically), Swiss, V4, Baltic States, Nordic States and Balkans being independent. Capital city of that superstate is Brussels.
- UK had split into three - Scotland, England and Wales. Ireland gets Northern Ireland. Scotland and Wales joins EU.
- Obligatory demographic crisis in China and on rich countries, birth rates in Africa and poorer Asian countries stagnate.
- Global warming makes the Equator +-15 degrees virtually no man's land, barring cities still having means to cool their citizens.
- Venezuela is partitioned between Guinea (united with other Guineas), Colombia and Amazon Republic.
- Brazil is split into Brazilian Confederacy and Amazon Republic.

Might join this later, but I'm giving the suggestions about world state at 2063

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom