Items Zoologist (Cursed Fox Tooth) Idea

Do you think this is a good idea

• Total voters

TheFoxYT

Skeletron
I had an idea about zoologists. It is a new item that she should sell, it is going to be obtainable other ways but the main way is to buy it from her,

At night on a full moon, she turns into a werefox, (when she was looking at critters she was bitten by a cursed fox that gave her the werefox curse) that is why she turned into one on a full moon.

Obtaining:
She will sell an item when your bestiary is 85% full for 10 Gold and 50 Copper, it is called the Cursed Fox Tooth and (It looks like a fox tooth with a chain attached to it so you can wear it) and on a full moon it is like the Moon Shell it turned you into a werewolf at night but the werefox has more stat improvements than the Moon Shell. In hard mode forest, there is a hostile creature called "Cursed Fox" it has a 30% chance of dropping the Cursed Fox tooth. The Cursed Fox will spawn after Duke Fishron has been defeated. Or you can obtain it from the zoologist at 85% bestiary.

Affects:

Boosts from the Cursed Fox Tooth:

Buffs from the Foxs celestial amulet:
All-time Boosts
Night Boosts (Werefox form)

Crafting:
You can use the Cursed Fox Tooth with the Celestial Stone to make it the Orange Neptune's shell then if equipped in an accessory slot (not vanity) at night time you will turn into a WareFox applying Warefox buff that is listed above.

Description
If you hover the mouse pointer over it the Cursed Fox Tooth will have all the boosts and it will say "A Tooth from the Cursed Fox that bit <Zoologist name>"
The WereFox Buff will be called "WereFox".

Looks:
I am not really a great artist but when the player is a WereFox will look like the Zoologist on a full moon but without cloths like with the Werefox, your armour will not show the only vanity if this is implemented the developers will know what the ware fox will look like.
The Cursed Fox Tooth will look like a Fox Tooth but with a purple outline that is attached to a chain so you can wear it.
The Modified Celestial Shell looks like the regular one but there is a chain attached to it with the cursed tooth stuck in the shell brim.

Conclusion:
The Cursed Fox Tooth is better than the Moonstone but the Boost on a full moon and if you combine it with the Celestial Stone it will become "Orange Neptune's shell" The looks will be decided by the developers if it is implemented but you can still try to make artwork of it to see what you can come up with so the developers will know what it will look like.
This is just an idea of a better Celestial Shell, The Celestial Shell should still be in the game but this is an alternate way of crafting/using it.

I will be adding some new things about this item if I need to.

Plz, Comment down below to just so I know if 85% Bestiary is too much or the price anything like that, just so you can have a say on what you think it should be like and I might add it to this list. It would be great if someone sends in an art piece to show what the items and WereFox should look like. If you are just looking at the part where it describes what it looks like then do the art.

Thank You to @Alex S and @darthmorf etc they have made a big impact in a good way for this idea they are getting it closer to being implemented. Also thank you for the 820 views I most defiantly appreciate it, especially that this is my first post on the Terraria forums page.

Last edited:
Lately, I have been looking at this topic more and on how helpful it can become I know this topic is not being read but there will be someone so I hope that this is implemented it could make a change to the game in a good way most likely so if you see this remember to share it if you like it.

Last edited:
Lately, I have been looking at this topic more and on how helpful it can become I know this topic is not being read but there will be someone so I hope that this is implemented it could make a big change to the game in a good way so if you see this remember to share it if you like it,
Oh and if you know how to put up a vote on this that will be great.
If you want to add or edit a poll, simply report the original post with what you'd like changed and we can do it for you :)

An alternate way this could work is if the Cursed Fox Tooth were a vanity item that visually augmented the Werewolf transformation caused by the Moon Charm / Moon Shell / Celestial Shell. Which limits its use if you don't have a Moon Charm, but if you do have it means you see the transformation more often than just on full moons.

that's a good idea I will add that

So any more Ideas with the looks for this item or the effects or a replacement name for the (Modified Celestial Shell) it is a terrible name for an item anything that will help and is good for the item or on topic.

thank you for the 180 views keep it up

I will be changing the votes very soon
Because (Yes) and (Might be a minor improvement) are the same
How do I remove a Poll once it is finished to start a new one

im not saying you shouldn't but just saying stay closer to the game id think more of a cursed fox bite from the zoologist as she says to stay away from her during her transformation cus she dont wna hurt you if you get left in a dark place with her she would bite you giving you a debuff to all your stats if you die with said debuff your character would then be cursed and you will always have fox ears and a tail if you get that debuff and use any healing potion you would remove the effect until you are bitten again whilst you are under the debuff you can not talk to npcs and during blood moons and full moons you will transform making it so you cant talk to npcs (sorry for no punctuation and pls when your making posts like this remember to check wiki and find the most info so you can get closer to the core game)have a nice day

That is really true and what should be in the game I just mean if you wear the item it won't curse you but it will just have an effect on you,
I love your idea but people won't like the NPC bit

I am putting up a vote to see if people like your idea if so I might add it in with the others
You will have 2 votes on the poll 1 for the (Yes), (No), (Maybe)
and the other for If Frostaer idea is good or not

& how do you delete a poll and remake one I have made a mistake in the poll and I don't know how to fix it up

Last edited:
Im personaly wrote this to Leinfors about two months ago(im dont know about player suggestions when wrote it)

Affects:

Boosts from the Cursed Fox Tooth:

Buffs from the Modified Celestial Shell:
All-time Boosts
Night Boosts (Werewolf form)
Fullmoon Boosts (Werefox form)
[/QUOTE]
Here is two problems:
1st is that what Zoologist is protector of nature and she wouldnt kill fox and take off its tooth (so i recomend to make it as a drop from she)
2nd is why it may boost melle its makes no sence because moon charm do this alreadly so would be better if it will boost mage or ranged classes or all classes

Im want to make other feature you will make Orange Neptunes Shell with it and celestial stone you may craft Foxs celestial amulet

That is it conversation
Screenshot_2020-08-12-07-29-04.png

Why yoou all say werewolf when it is werefox

im not saying you shouldn't but just saying stay closer to the game id think more of a cursed fox bite from the zoologist as she says to stay away from her during her transformation cus she dont wna hurt you if you get left in a dark place with her she would bite you giving you a debuff to all your stats if you die with said debuff your character would then be cursed and you will always have fox ears and a tail if you get that debuff and use any healing potion you would remove the effect until you are bitten again whilst you are under the debuff you can not talk to npcs and during blood moons and full moons you will transform making it so you cant talk to npcs (sorry for no punctuation and pls when your making posts like this remember to check wiki and find the most info so you can get closer to the core game)have a nice day
I think what potion cannot save from curse

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Here are two problems:
1st is that what Zoologist is protector of nature and she wouldn't kill fox and take off its tooth (so I recommend to make it as a drop from she)
2nd is why it may boost melle it makes no sense because moon charm do this already so would be better if it will boost mage or ranged classes or all classes

I'm want to make other feature you will make Orange Neptunes Shell with it and celestial stone you may craft Foxs celestial amulet
[/QUITE]
you are right about the Zoologist being thee protector of nature I was thinking that she does not kill the fox to get it, and instead, she just finds the tooth and she chains it (e.g. most people who work at a zoo or is a wildlife worker they mostly collect snakeskins and things like that or fangs, claws, etc)
We should make it boosts all stats but mainly mage I will change it if you agree to this quote

Thank you for the 500 views

Last edited:

...We should make it boosts all stats but mainly mage I will change it if you agree to this quote..

Thank you for the 500 views
[/QUOTE]
I want to make ranger great again, But it better than was

Last edited:
Maybe you could get some sort of alternative version of the Neptune shell that makes you a kappa (could be a cucumber) or something like that from the angler after plantera is killed and then the fox tooth could be merged with it to make a different version of the moon shell that could fuse with a different accessory like the frozen shield.

1. It does not have to be a Kappa.
2. Do you know what they look like?
82d9c9eb6df9b1ddb39a54eb792e0b651437968401_large.jpg
1597585746668.png
3. The alternative neptune's shell just makes You transform in water.
4. The moon shell does the same thing.
"The Moon Shell is a Hardmode accessory that can be crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop. It combines the effects of the Moon Charm and the Neptune's Shell: Equipping it will turn the player into a Merfolk when entering water (at any time), or into a Werewolf at night. The Merfolk form replaces the Werewolf form if entering water at night." -Terraria Official Wiki
5. This just a sub-suggestion. I don't know why I'm kinda mad. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom