Official 2014 ReLogic Terraria Halloween Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooooooh Spoopy Castle.
5b2umv.jpg

*Real Estate Agent Voice*
Ah and here we have this house. It's got a nice size, as well as a nice fireplace. The neighbors to the left are pretty quiet, but if they make too much noise you may want to look into that. Seriously, check that out, that's not normal. Anyways, the previous owners were a bit... weird, so the basement could use some refurbishing. Also don't do gown there. Ever.
Ugh the NPCs kept wanting to move in so I had to make them homes elsewhere.

Well, here goes nothing. I hope you like purple and I also hope I won't get disqualified for adding funnies into the picture. :eek:
It's a big picture. Best seen in full size. A.k.a. click on it! :)

Platform: PC
Concept & Inspiration:
I always like a nice and spooky haunted house, like in the game Alone In The Dark (old game, very scary), so why not, I made one. Not very original, but really, what is Halloween without a haunted house?
I also had the idea that something nasty would be going on in the basement. Peeps are reduced to meaty chunks which are then thrown down into a cave below. The blood is kept for Igor, being a vampire and all.
The catacombs hopefully give the hint that these two have been at it for quite a long time.
Finally, the cave at the bottom, with the metro. I thought of a movie I had seen a while back. Forgot the name. Basically there were some sort of demons hiding deep within the subway, which needed to be fed human flesh in order to keep them from coming outside.
My green creeps were survivors from an ancient metro accident, a tunnel collapse.
How they were perverted into long-lived human flesh eating creeps, I'll leave that to your imagination. Perhaps it's good that they're being fed. What if they got out?

Team: Just three of us, me, myself and I.
Build time: Didn't keep track. About three days I think. Edit: Add 1 day to that.
Completely build by hand, no TEdit.
Used a 3rd party image editor to insert people/monsters/text etc.
Font: "Andy" (Terraria font)
terraria_halloween_contest.png

Edit: Added chimney, reduced cobwebs, removed lava pit and added a much scarier place for innocent travelers' fleshy gibs to end up.
Also added an If You See This You'll :red: Bricks somewhere. x)
Edit 2: It's not scary enough! So I added another creep. Hah, I fear I'll be adding lots more before the contest ends. It's never enough!
Edit 3: I really like the rusty trainwreck and wondered if creating a functional train would be easy enough to do. Aren't those commuters in for a treat?
Edit 4: Added a bone incinerator, a bedroom and blood storage chamber for the necromancer/vampire and added a demonic restaurant near the bottom to fill up the black gaps a bit.
I wonder if I am not overdoing things. It's starting to get a bit messy.

Last edited:
Heres my entry info :dryadtongue:
Platform: PC
Insperation: Had way to much leftover spooky wood :dryadcool::dryadtongue:
Team: Did it alone FTW
Pictures:
C9594ED9C7ACD5342974A3900280AF95C27EF280

2B87CC613310C18327E8F09621B70CD4DA6C17C9

7A63497843FCA97E0928552961868D91F4F6910E

B9CE626DF062E9DDF9184532AC78CD143A0E26B5

1A4570613C8DB59E05D1F10F29BD6088561CF307

idk how to make the actual photo appear, so it would be nice if a mod made it so to didnt have to click the links for me :dryadtongue: Btw this is a casual Spooky wood house I made, but look closely in some of the screen shots:dryadnaughty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Platform: Mobile
Inspiration: halloween town (the nightmare before christmas)
I made a similar town like the one in tim burtons movie . i also included pumpking
It took me about 5 hours to build
Here is the video i recommend you watch it 720p because the other resolutions dim the lighting alot
image.jpg
Good luck to everyone :)

Last edited:
This is my build of The Pumpking.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    850.8 KB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,898
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    81.2 KB · Views: 414
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    485.7 KB · Views: 379
Name:The steed of
the night
platform: console
Build time:3 hours
Inspiration: corruption
DSC_0085.JPG

Name:Haunted castle
Platform:mobile
Insparation:dungeon
DSC_0086.JPG

Last edited:
Okay Here is my Nice and big Spooky Mansion, I am using the PC Version 1.2.4.1 Vanilla.

1PoBxTyvZ-mphPKIgZe-P4ZJy-9zeu3AitxNzvM5kuw=w280-h209-p-no
yGdw8LbhbuZppg6B3_3f3WQUZXVxQl0dly8vDgQ4mBE=w280-h209-p-no
D8ChZGV-Eq_kqG0FhEZxfdy88evRjyKeLkIuIekVvCU=w276-h207-p-no
C6JV2UULuyTFIz9eteM80WCNyaKit83Zp-sR32FwmY0=w276-h207-p-no

Updated the house because I thought is was not spooky enough before, anyways here is my entry!

I made this because I love Haunted houses and such. Another thing is that I made this all by myself and to me it turned out great!
Before I even thought of making this mansion, I look at the contest stuff and I thought "Hey maybe I should build a Spooky Mansion for this contest!" And such I did, took me a long time like 2 days. Started with making the floor, than I made the walls and roof. I started adding walls and decorations. Than I used tedit to finish walling my mansion. Than I added cobweb in some obvious places and removed most of the lights. I removed all the NPC's with tedit. Before I removed the lights and added the cobweb, I already posted this online but then I thought "This does not look spooky enough, I should I cobwebs and remove most of the lights so it is more scary". There that is my story of this entry. I also added wall skeletons and hanging skeletons, Also added jack o' lanterns. Please leave a like such and you guys are awesome! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom