Weapons & Equip Biome Weapon Project: Underworld

How did I do?

• Hey, this is really good!

Votes: 123 92.5%
  • Uh, I gotta point out something first...

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • No, I don't really like it.

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Sorry for the long delay. There's a lot that can be done with Hell, and it was tough to reach an agreement. (Actually, we didn't really reach an agreement, I just posted what I felt like posting:dryadtongue:)

First off, let me note that these will not be added without SzGamer227's Post-Mech Hell Expansion. Consider this an extension of his idea.

Anyways, the weapons!

sevensins.png

Seven Sins
Very fast speed
Average knockback
Uses 8 mana
Shoots seven kinds of homing projectiles, that ignore walls and lose velocity as they travel (like the actual Ragged Caster's projectiles)

I haven't listed the damage values. This is because...

Pride
120 magic damage
19% base critical strike chance instead of 4%

Wrath
80 magic damage
Explodes, damaging multiple enemies

Lust
62 magic damage
Does not lose velocity, and strikes the same enemy three times

Envy
65 magic damage
Halves the target's damage output for 8 seconds

Greed
72 magic damage
Inflicts Midas, and increases item drop rate the same way as the Treasure Hunter's Knife

Sloth
80 magic damage
Reduces movement speed of targets

Gluttony
75 magic damage
Steals 20% of damage dealt

The projectile is chosen at random from the seven. Keen observers will notice that a possible reforge is "Deadly Seven Sins". ha ha ha

mortarus.png

Mortarus
68 ranged damage
Fast speed

Fires flaming rockets that explode in flames. Each explosion throws up burning cinders that take a long time to fall, and linger on the ground damaging enemies much like Greek Fire/Molotov Cocktails. Explosions do not harm the player.

blazinggale.png

Blazing Gale
52 melee damage
Very fast speed (11, same as Digging Claw)
Very weak knockback (fan)
Extremely strong knockback (twister)

Shoots flaming twisters that home in on enemies, ignoring walls if necessary. Each hits four times, and their extremely high knockback tends to juggle enemies around.

bonedragonstaff.png

Bone Dragon Staff

60 summon damage (contact)
45 summon damage (fireball)

Summons a Bone Dragon with one segment. Subsequent usage uses the player's minion capacity to add segments. Each segment shoots fireballs at nearby enemies, independently of each other. The Bone Dragon itself stays near the player, and if it charges an enemy, each segment can score a hit.

phoenix-feather-png.134746

Phoenix Feather
Now here's something I bet you weren't expecting: an accessory?
Upon receiving a death blow, the player is revived, imbued with health regeneration and temporary invincibility, and receives a damage boost. Ten minute cooldown. View the original thread for details!

As for making room for it...there are four Underworld Chests in each world. One of them will contain the Phoenix Feather in addition to a weapon.

underworld-chest-png.134870

(Underworld Chest sprited by SzGamer227)

Well, it looks like that's it for the weapons. I still have the special accessories for the other biomes to come up with, of course, so you can look forward to that. But until @Dragrath, @zeskorion, and I put the finishing touches on the Underground Ocean, I'm done.

It would be a shame not to show you this piece of art, though. Scarecrow sprited this, and even though I ultimately decided not to include it because I don't want to add more than one spear to the project, it's just too cool an idea not to share.

hellspear.png

Fell Trident
Shoots a spear projectile like the North Pole, but is unaffected by gravity.
Trails bat-shaped flames that home in on enemies.

So that's that! Feedback would be nice.

Last edited:
index.php

Bone Dragon Staff
Summons a Bone Dragon with one segment. Subsequent usage uses the player's minion capacity to add segments. Each segment shoots fireballs at nearby enemies, independently of each other. The Bone Dragon itself stays near the player, and if it charges an enemy, each segment can score a hit.
I have a feeling that this was inspired by my Hell expansion thread...
fire-serpent-png.135269

Fire Serpent
Other possible names: Bone Dragon, Bone Drake, Fell Beast, Oblivion Serpent
* Worm behavior
* Three special segments shoot fireballs at the player. (Kind of like Destroyer, but less insane.)
fire-serpent-full-png.135274
...no? Either way, I love it.

IDK why, but I feel like this is the best chest of them all.
It might be because it has six new items listed for it when the others have just three...

Back
Top Bottom