Weapons & Equip Phoenix Feather - Hardmode Hell "Revival" Accessory

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
(100th suggestion thread! Hooray!)

Okay, so this just a cool idea I had for a Phoenix-themed accessory.

Yeah, I know the sprite is essentially just a diagonal Fire Feather. It's better than nothing.

phoenix-feather-png.134746
The Phoenix Feather is a special accessory that, when equipped, will save the player from an other wise killing blow. Instead of being killed, all debuffs are cured from the player, their health is set to 1, and they are granted a couple of buffs to help them recover and retaliate. Details are provided below. Additionally, the player is afflicted with a debuff that prevents the Phoenix Feather from being effective for 10 minutes to prevent invincibility.

It also slowly regenerates life (same speed as the Band of Regeneration) and grants 1 Defense.

Buffs/Debuffs:

These are applied immediately after being saved from a death blow.

<F for the fallen images from TO>
Phoenix Rebirth
'You are imbued with pure energy and are being reborn.'
5 second duration.
* Grants invincibility.
* Health regeneration is boosted by 5 health/second.
* Movement Speed is increased by 25%.
Visual effects:
* Player appears to be engulfed in flame (picture the On Fire! debuff).
* Player's entire body appears to be dyed with Living Flame Dye.
Living_Flame_Dye_Used.gif
<- Living Flame Dye. :cool:

phoenix-blessing-png.134753

Phoenix Blessing
'You have experienced death. Time to avenge yourself.'
60 second duration.
* 15% increased damage and critical strike chance.
* Health Regeneration is boosted by 1 health/second.
* 4 Defense.
Visual effects:
* Slight flame effect while holding still.
* Full flame effect while moving (picture Molten or Meteor armor).

phoenix-sickness-png.134756

Phoenix Sickness
'You will not be resurrected if you die this time.'
10 minute duration. (8 minutes with the Phoenix Charm.)
* Revival will not work while this debuff is active.
* Cannot be cured by the Nurse.
* Is not removed after dying.

Acquisition:

<F for the fallen images from TO>
The Phoenix Feather can be looted from an Underworld Chest, a new Dungeon biome Chest that can be unlocked with an Underworld Key.

Since the Underworld is a bit depraved of Hardmode enemies at the moment, it should have more.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/post-mech-hell-expansion.830/

Also, me, Baconfry, and Scarecrow have been working on a massive Biome Chest project:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/biome-weapon-project-underworld.3058/
Check it out if you're interested.

Tinkering:

135279-535bf48e6e7a3250582474a0394c5b64.jpg

(Sprite thanks to TheMiniatureShark)
Phoenix Charm
Phoenix Feather
Charm_of_Myths.png
Charm of Myths
Combines the functionality of both.
* Upgraded health regeneration effect.
* Potion Sickness time is reduced to 45 seconds.
* Phoenix Sickness time is reduced to 8 minutes.
* Still provides 1 Defense.

chaos-feather-png.134767

Chaos Feather
Phoenix Feather
chaos-medallion-png.135356
Chaos Medallion
Combines the functionality of both.
* Also teleports the player to a random point on screen after avoiding a death blow.
* Also inflicts Chaos State after teleporting for 10 seconds.
* Can be saved from death blows more frequently, but Blessing is not granted while Sickness is active.
* Still provides 1 Defense.

Thus ends my 100th suggestion thread. I hope you enjoyed it! Feedback is appreciated as always. :)

Last edited:
This (and everything related to it) is literally my favorite suggestion! I would love this in game!

Good job as usual!

I love the fact that you're giving the underworld his own biome chest and i love the idea of the Phoenix wing itself.

Man, you're just full of amazing ideas, aren't you?

this should have wings tinkered from the phoenix feather and fire wings that do the phoenix feather and fishron wing height

At first I thought revival would be a bit overpowered, but when I take a closer look at it the effect is pretty balanced (especially since it can't be used several times over). Putting the item in a biome chest also makes sense. I'm all for adding this. Seems nice.

Cool suggestion, but It'd be pretty damn op in PVP. Maybe if you have PVP on and you die with it, it doesn't revive you?

I must say, SzGamer. I had a look through your threads and I find these most to my liking, and would make a fine addition to Vanilla gameplay!

I suppose if you were to ask nicely in the tApi thread, someone there might be able to create Post-mech Cross-Class Armor, Post-Mech Hell Expansion, and Phoenix Feather - Hardmode into a mod to try out!

[tApi Here]

I suppose if you were to ask nicely in the tApi thread, someone there might be able to create Post-mech Cross-Class Armor, Post-Mech Hell Expansion, and Phoenix Feather - Hardmode into a mod to try out!
I will start putting together a mod project once 1.3 is released. If any of my suggestions make it into the actual game, I want the full effect of the surprise and enjoyment of experiencing them as official Terraria content by the consent of the Re-Logic team.

Believe me, I've been thinking about making a mod for quite some time now, but I've been adamant about the 1.3 goal post.

I will start putting together a mod project once 1.3 is released. If any of my suggestions make it into the actual game, I want the full effect of the surprise and enjoyment of experiencing them as official Terraria content by the consent of the Re-Logic team.

Believe me, I've been thinking about making a mod for quite some time now, but I've been adamant about the 1.3 goal post.

Fair enough. But I do look forward to see more content, and seeing this as a mod.

I'd at least get started on how to develop a mod, then you would have the knowledge ahead of time so if it doesn't make it into Vanilla, you can get a jump start on it.

Is it just me, or is it getting kind of hot in here?
Get it? Phoenix Items? Underworld?...I know, that was a terrible joke.

Back
Top Bottom