Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

You should read what I replied to SzConsistency.

Engeen: "The Cyber lacks creativity."

Don't quote that, I never said that. I actually wrote:
on page 6, finding it interesting means I like it.

I never meant to debate against consistency of the suggestion but the colors zoomo uses which later brought me arguing about consistency itself and it's role in this game. Hope you don't hate me now..
I hope you realize that means exactly the same thing. Cyber introduces consistency and you're saying consistency is bad and uncreative. Therefore you are basically implying Cyber is both bad and uncreative, both of which are so far off the mark I could gauge the distance between stars by its inaccuracy.

(for the record, the distance between stars is usually upward of several AU at least. In essence, I'm saying that saying the accuracy of that statement is so poor it couldn't hit the planet if it aimed straight down.)

I never meant to debate against consistency of the suggestion but the colors zoomo uses which later brought me arguing about consistency itself and it's role in this game. Hope you don't hate me now..

If you oppose consistency, you oppose the Cyber. Simple as that.

-something i barely read-
Well, judging from how you wrote that wall of text from simply reading a few parts I can assume you can't argue properly without cussing, also if you quoted me at least once I would read your rant respectfully. Calling me a black pot without any proof is really insulting.

Also special message to SzConsistency: "please stop saying stuff that makes no sense"

If you oppose consistency, you oppose the Cyber. Simple as that.
Well if your brain is wired in such a simple way, I guess our feeling of dis-respectfulness is mutual now. You should also learn to read what people write because what I just quoted is in no way a possible scenario for me, the "oppose consistency" that is. Opposing teen pregnancy doesn't mean you oppose pregnancy in general.

Well if your brain is wired in such a simple way, I guess our feeling of dis-respectfulness is mutual now. You should also learn to read what people write because what I just quoted is in no way a possible scenario for me, the "oppose consistency" that is. Opposing teen pregnancy doesn't mean you oppose pregnancy in general.
You oppose consistency but you don't oppose the Cyber, which was conceived as an idea to add consistency? Looks like someone's a little confused.

10357232_524314151036178_73130365375496019_n.jpg
great idea m8

Well, judging from how you wrote that wall of text from simply reading a few parts I can assume you can't argue properly without cussing, also if you quoted me at least once I would read your rant respectfully. Calling me a black pot without any proof is really insulting.
For the record, I did read the entire thing. I chose to replace the quote both for the sake of maintaining my sanity because of how long it was and also because it accurately reflect my opinion of its contents. And you'll forgive me if the filter goes away when my anger kicks in, considering that's what tends to happen when I deal with people who are bad at listening. And honestly, you know what's really insulting? People like you who don't even understand how these things work and yet continue to argue about them anyway. Your responses to both me and SzGamer have told me that you know jack :red: about what you're talking about, and are clearly just arguing for the sake of argument, as he said. You deliberately ignore anything that even remotely comes close to proving you wrong and throw bull:red: back in an attempt to get us to shut up. The problem is, the whole "if you can't best them with proof, baffle them with bull:red:" (it was something like that) philosophy doesn't work on me. Or Sz, apparently. You have given us no reason to agree with you or even show you any degree of respect (as you certainly haven't been showing us any), and in fact have given us reason to do the opposite on both counts.

In other words, YOU are the problem.

This discussion is over. You are not worth my time or anyone else's.

Summing it up here.

I'll assume good faith and say that Engeen opposes most suggestions that add consistency, but not the Cyber. However, because the Cyber contains the creativity that (according to Engeen) most "consistency" suggestions lack, his opposition to consistency qualifies as off-topic in this particular thread.

On a more serious note, I think the looks of the Cyber is actually one of the highlights.

Most biomes have a specific colour they stick to. This one is a grey, or better put a metallic grey, a very easy colour to get comfortable with. A bit bland by itself, but the cyan lights proposed in this idea is actually extremely aesthetically interesting. It's hard for me to like the looks of something if it is composed of more than two colours (a very small amount of additional for effect is all good). It is probably why I hate the Hallowed and love the Corruption; the main colour for the dark biome being purple while the secondary being green flames. It just creates a consistent, comfortable scene to look upon whereas at the same time not being distracting at all.

Disrepectful to others
For the record, I did read the entire thing. I chose to replace the quote both for the sake of maintaining my sanity because of how long it was and also because it accurately reflect my opinion of its contents. And you'll forgive me if the filter goes away when my anger kicks in, considering that's what tends to happen when I deal with people who are bad at listening. And honestly, you know what's really insulting? People like you who don't even understand how these things work and yet continue to argue about them anyway. Your responses to both me and SzGamer have told me that you know jack :red: about what you're talking about, and are clearly just arguing for the sake of argument, as he said. You deliberately ignore anything that even remotely comes close to proving you wrong and throw bull:red: back in an attempt to get us to shut up. The problem is, the whole "if you can't best them with proof, baffle them with bull:red:" (it was something like that) philosophy doesn't work on me. Or Sz, apparently. You have given us no reason to agree with you or even show you any degree of respect (as you certainly haven't been showing us any), and in fact have given us reason to do the opposite on both counts.

In other words, YOU are the problem.

This discussion is over. You are not worth my time or anyone else's.
I agree that this should be put to an end, and in the end I guess quantity does win over quality in certain cases like this one. I'd gladly continue to argue with you and not because I wish to become some kind of troll, my opinion is of equal height as anyone else's on this forum and I have the right to be right, no matter how much you deny it. If you had correctly proved me wrong I'd give up but you didn't you little hypocrite. My main language is French and my second language is certainly not English it's Serb, if you at some point thought I was saying nonsense you should have told me so. As my vocabulary stood respectful this whole time, it ends now, I should know not to argue with 2 weeaboos and an :red:-kisser in the future. You have all equally lost all respect I give to anyone and from now on in my mind you will be considered as stupefying.
Geneen properly logs out, bye.

Summing it up here.

I'll assume good faith and say that Engeen opposes most suggestions that add consistency, but not the Cyber. However, because the Cyber contains the creativity that (according to Engeen) most "consistency" suggestions lack, his opposition to consistency qualifies as off-topic in this particular thread.
wrong

:red: is a type of donkey not in any way meant to insult zoomo.

Last edited:
On a more serious note, I think the looks of the Cyber is actually one of the highlights.

Most biomes have a specific colour they stick to. This one is a grey, or better put a metallic grey, a very easy colour to get comfortable with. A bit bland by itself, but the cyan lights proposed in this idea is actually extremely aesthetically interesting. It's hard for me to like the looks of something if it is composed of more than two colours (a very small amount of additional for effect is all good). It is probably why I hate the Hallowed and love the Corruption; the main colour for the dark biome being purple while the secondary being green flames. It just creates a consistent, comfortable scene to look upon whereas at the same time not being distracting at all.
Actually, I agree to some level. Although I don't mind the colorfulness of Hallow, I do agree that Cyber and Corruption are more visually pleasing due to having more color consistency. The Cursed Flames are a really nice accent to the dark, purple/brown surroundings. Plus, anyone familiar with different color flames knows immediately that getting hit by that lime green stuff that on further observation doesn't seem to care about water is probably a bad idea.

Actually, green flames in general are awesome. And so is cyan for machines, especially the shade Zoomo picked. Plus, you can't tell me those trees don't look awesome. The fact that they and the cyan parts of, say, the Drones, glow adds even more to the effect. For something that was likely spliced together, Zoomo did an amazing job with the images in the OP- if I didn't know any better I'd probably think they were actually screenshots and not doctored.

Actually, green flames in general are awesome. And so is cyan for machines, especially the shade Zoomo picked. Plus, you can't tell me those trees don't look awesome. The fact that they and the cyan parts of, say, the Drones, glow adds even more to the effect. For something that was likely spliced together, Zoomo did an amazing job with the images in the OP- if I didn't know any better I'd probably think they were actually screenshots and not doctored.

I like my fire (not an arsonist...), so I'm always attracted to the visuals they bring. Green flames have a very...mystical feel to them whereas the blue flames just feels powerful. Standard flames are standard, but still nice.

I adore the idea of the grass having small neon lights the most. I'd probably be saddened every time I cut the grass down accidentally.

A few people have been quite overzealous in stating their opinions here, some have been given a time-out and will not be able to reply to this thread for a week. If you are one of them and did not get an alert to that effect, please forgive that, the interface is new and I may have not checked the notification box for each of you. I will try harder to make sure that happens correctly in the future.

I would like to point out to EVERYONE that there are new guidelines for constructive criticism for suggestions. I strongly urge everyone to read them, and take them to heart. They are not only guidelines for how we expect people to behave here, it is also the guidelines the staff will use to assess punishment. Temporary or even permanent thread reply bans are one tool we will use to break up arguments such as the one that has appeared on the last few pages here.

I urge that all further discussion here be conducted in a mood of civility and respect by ALL parties.

I never saw anything about a new Hardmode message. I imagine something like "The primordial essences of order and chaos have been released."
Oh yeah, :p We talked about it in the old thread but I never added it. The message was:
"The battle between order and chaos has begun."

-EDIT-
Calm yo selves people.

this message is mainly directed @Engeen, @SzGamer227, @Baconfry, and @Henix_Aurorus.

My opinion on the whole consistency matter (and I'm not going to get into a heated argument about this, I just want to state my opinion) Is that while the game gained a ton of great new content in 1.2 and beyond it has lost a lot of it's consistency and unity, which is what any truly great game, movie, painting, sprite, book or any other work of art has. Unity does not mean being boring, it means fitting together in a tight and complex way and making the universe of books games, or the composition of a piece of artwork or sprite feel more cohesive.

That's why pretty much every suggestion I've made is filling in the gaps that I feel are still in need of filling. Why I suggested a pre-hardmode hallow before 1.2 introduced the crimson as an alt for the corruption, and why I suggested making the desert generate with an underground instead of the snow biome sometimes since they seemed to fit. It's why I suggested mech bosses for the other pre-hardmode bosses, because I felt that continuing the idea behind the original ones would make the new bosses feel like the old bosses. It's why I introduced a new version of the wall of flesh not for the alt to corruption but to corruption it's self. Because just how I feel that the Hallowed doesn't fit the Crimson, I felt that the Wall of Flesh didn't fit the Corruption.

My goal in making these suggestions is to make Terraria feel more complete, I generally don't think more new stuff needs to be added but rather that the old stuff should be revisited.

Just wanted to make clear my opinion on the matter so people know my reasoning behind it at least If they want to argue. :)

I also think that shiny silver and teal is too beautiful for other colours.
(it's the truth and you know it.)

It's nice but I really like this one:
The Cyber logo.png

:| Sorry...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom