The Boreal Bookshelf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garneac is way too superior I wouldn't know how to control those super powers. I really hope we get a front page, that'd be incredible. Thanks all for support.

Last edited:
This is pretty nice pixel! I like newspapers. One small question: to be a member of the team, do you actually have to be constantly active? Or can you just put something in you have written before? If you do have to be active, then how active?

Storm, active enough to get out three segments out a week, with an expected three paragraph standard.

Storm, active enough to get out three segments out a week, with an expected three paragraph standard.
Ok. I could probably do that (i have the time), but i would easily run out of ideas. That would be a huge problem...

Idk, i will consider it. If i decide i want to join i will pm you

Wow, the support for this has been outstanding! Thanks everybody, we all look forward to pumping out more content every week.

Sadly I'm not enjoying writing due to my antidepressants failing to work (yet), so I'll be resigning from this, and the forums in general (again). I don't really enjoy spending time here other than socializing with others, which doesn't happen too often. Perhaps I'll stay on the forums, but regardless I don't think I'll be able to continue writing segments for this. Thanks for the support, and I wish you guys the best of luck.

This is awesome :> i enjoy reading this alot. Hopefully it makes front page so more people can enjoy this as well

The Boreal Bookshelf: Edition 3

Due to timezone complications, because they're obviously inevitable scumbags, we're missing four segments. Yes, you heard me right, four. So instead of exploding and/or suiciding, group leader Pixel has gone and decided that he will post the four other segments at a later time in a seperate post. Think of it as a half edition.

Terraria: The Mystery Nations [TheGoldenHawkster]

This week we have: The Dynasty, the most mysterious realm you'll ever see or read about.

The Dynasty is a mysterious realm uninhabitable to even the most intrepid of travelers as you need to enter unarmed into the area, otherwise jade dragons will leave cinders of your soul on the Dynasty trail. Since most feel safest jumping into any new zone armed to the teeth, this is very rare, except for the case of very talented sorcerers who can use magic raw from their hands.

The Dynasty is also located high in the mountains and have been enchanted by sorcerers who visit the area so that it always appears to be in the background, thus making it an unreachable area. However, these sorcerers often make some more regular money on the side by going back to known villages and selling wares to the befuddled townsfolk. The Dynasty is known for items of great beauty, such as timber carved as smooth as silk yet strong as oak, roofing tiles which contain many intricate designs within themselves, and swords so light they fall like a feather when dropped.

However, this does not make them unformidable; people of the Dynasty are well known to have intense magical energies as a birthmark from being within the hallowed walls, once consecrated by a group of monks who animated the jade hidden underneath the Dynasty into dragons and used arcane magical runes to border and protect the realm. They are able to channel these energies into fabrics which can be used by spellcasters and sorcerers alike. The Dynasty also bears great mechanical ingenuity and have created many implements for building great structures, however these are hard to find.

Terraria Rap: [TheGoldenHawkster]

JT Machinima and VRGB made a rap battle, pitting Terraria vs Minecraft, so I am going to attempt a short rap myself. I do not rap usually, or do any kind of poetry, so be warned: this may not be great, but I'll still have a go!

You start off with an axe,
And that's with no hacks,
A pick and a dagger,
You chop down a tree,
Finding that easy?
Now you make yourself a hammer.
You be placing down your wood,
All is peaceful and good,
Til you find out you have a bit of mana!
You're exploring down a bloody cave,
Wanna be a mage,
All gems, bolts and splendour!
You find a terrible beast,
Made up of meat,
You realise he'll put you in a blender!
Run, son,
You do realise,
A gun,
Would be better on this kind of monster.
You smash a heart,
Screams stop and start,
Now there's a gun,
You're a mobster!

Fishing Compendium with S.Cales: [TheGoldenHawkster]

This week: Amanitia Fungifin, the fish that every scientist or person with long range of vocabulary has been talking about!

The Amanitia Fungifin is a myconial spore-based specimen, and therefore it resides in the mushroom plains of the caverns, in the murky bluish water. The Amanitia Fungifin is a perfect example of bio symbiotic connections; the fungus encapsulates it and gives it protection and resistance to the toxic spores, and in return the fish catches and reaps the rewards of being in such a lush and verdant environment, feeding on truffle worms, Mushibug grubs and the like.

This fish is highly resided as being a supreme delicacy, as when cooked it has the taste of exotic truffles which otherwise would be very rare and expensive, thus it is in rapid decline. The Amanitia Fungifin was named after Argus Amanitia, who discovered this specimen in the caverns many centuries ago. The reason this fish persists is due to it's rejuvenating properties; it can regrow an entire head and body from a single fin thanks to the mushroom's simple cell structure and ability to replicate and get a "memory" of the organism it lives in symbiosis with.

index.php

The Alchemist's Table: [Commander Crocket]

Welcome back, humble readers, to the next segment of The Alchemist's Table. Today, the potion we will be exploring is the Archery Potion. As the name would suggest, it is a potion intended for archers, and is thus a must have for the seasoned bowman.

Ingredients (produces one):
1 Bottled Water - A component in most potions, crafted with Empty Bottles while within or in very close proximity to a body of water.
1 Daybloom - Somewhat uncommon, grows on grass blocks, blooming during the day.
1 Lens - Periodically dropped by Demon Eyes.

Consuming this potion increases both the damage that each individual arrow deals to a foe, and the speed at which one fires arrows using their bow of choice by twenty percent. This potion is viable at all levels of experience, as it's materials are relatively easy to obtain, and it's effects are not limited to those who use bows - repeater users also benefit from this potion.
You must be wary however, as these bonuses do not apply to those who choose to wield firearms...

Sorcerer's Scrolls: [Commander Crocket]

Greetings, fledgling spellcasters, and welcome to The Sorcerer's Scrolls. Here, we deal not with the mundane triflings of the ordinary world, but with magic. Yes, readers, this segment is one dedicated to knowledge of the arcane. With the correct equipment, anybody has the potential to become a successful spellcaster. However, you must not be rash, for while knowledge of the arcane grants incredible offensive power, it leaves one rather lacking in the defensive department.

Each week, I will dig deep into the archives of the writings of my elders, and reveal to you one magical weapon per week, be it staff, tome or otherwise. Now, you may be wondering to yourselves: What are magical weapons, and how do they work? These are good questions, and I am happy to inform you that the answers to these questions are relatively simple. Let us start with the weapons. Magical weapons are weapons that draw on Mana in order to inflict damage and occasionally status conditions onto an enemy.

As for Mana, it is a resource present in all sentient beings, though some are more adept at its use than others. Us humans for instance, also possess this resource, and its use was plentiful in the past. Magical weapons work by drawing on this seemingly ethereal resource, giving form and shape, allowing it to interact with the beings of the world. There were some who utilised their Mana for the greater good, protecting their loved ones and coming to the aid of those in need. However, there were also some that misused their abilities, often for personal gain. But this is a tale for the ages, having occurred in the distant past.

After eons of conflict between the two parties, its use has since diminished significantly. Thus, it is no longer present in humans in the abundant quantities it once was. Despite this, however, a sliver of Mana still remains in each person, making casting spells a matter of finding the correct items rather than learning how to perform them. It is possible to increase the amount of Mana one possesses artificially, but this is not the time to disclose such information. I will make a note to include this detail at a later time, but for now, let us begin.

To introduce this new segment, let us start with something that is easy to obtain, easy to grow accustomed to, and does not draw too heavily on your resources of Mana. Yes, fellow readers, this week we will be talking about the Amethyst Staff. Those in more exotic worlds may not possess the resources necessary to craft one of these, so this week I will also include an alternative, with slightly superior qualities, the Topaz Staff. You need nothing other than an Iron or a Lead Anvil, along with the materials you need to craft these staves.

Components for the Amethyst Staff / Topaz Staff:

10 Copper / Tin Bars - Obtained by smelting their respective ores at Furnace.
8 Amethyst / Topaz - Both are relatively uncommon, and are found underground.

Both the Amethyst Staff and the Topaz Staff are phenomenal starting magic weapons given their low Mana cost, high damage, and simple crafting recipes. Each casts a single bolt that damages enemies and knocks them back slightly, with the Topaz Staff dealing minutely more damage and knockback than the Amethyst Staff. With the small amount of Mana you begin with, these can be used to devastating effect during your first moments as a spellcaster. However, the bolts fired do not ricochet and travel slowly, so these weapons suffer when engaging aerial targets, such as Demon Eyes or Bats.

That concludes this week's segment. Stay tuned, readers, for there is more to magic than you know...

An Old Sea Dog's Folly: [Matsu]

Part 3: The epic conclusion to Matsu's three part 'An old Sea Dog's Folly'.

I need to gain the trust of that fighter. He seems to be in charge in this place…If I can explain to him…maybe he’ll let me stay near my son.

I went to the man in secret, I found him during one of his trips outside of his compound. I explained to him my plight and he listened in a contemplative silence. After several minutes, he finally nodded his head and said I was welcome in his village.

I have decided not to tell my son about why I am here. He has a life here, and I don’t want to throw that into turmoil. Like the other’s that live here he thinks that their leader simply took pity on me and is allowing me to stay here.

I have finally found him darling, I have finally found our boy.

The Terrarian Armory: [Matsu]

Golem Fist: Matsu has decided to talk about the Golem Fist this time around, bringing in a bucket full of detail about the weapon.

This weapon is one of the more…morbid pieces we will discuss. This weapon, aptly named the Golem Fist, is just that-the fist of the Golem. Once felled one lucky adventurer found that the arm of the beast of still functional. Unlike most creatures the various parts of the Golem are run off of separate nervous systems, allowing this piece to function.

The way the weapon works is actually quite simple. By applying pressure to one of the remaining nerves in the arm, a signal is sent through it that propels the fist. On a microscopic level the process is much more complicated, but I don’t want to bore you. All you need to know about using this weapon is; pull switch, shoot fist.

The way this weapon deals its damage is simple, pure brute force. The fist is shot out at a high velocity, which coupled with its sizable mass, and natural bludgeoning shape means that it hits…hard. While the mechanism behind it is complex, the actual function of the weapon is simple. It is a simple and destructive piece, which is arguably the best kind.

The Hunter's Handbook [Matsu]

Blood Crawlers: What do arachnophobics hate? That's easy; spiders. And this is what Matsu is here to discuss, and then on forward emphasise with great detail. That's right, the crimson creepy crawlies.

These little buggers are just nasty. They are big overgrown spiders and they fight as such. They will swarm you and suck you dry. They cling to walls and can be a pain in the…well…everywhere to hit

In terms of what these things actually do, they bite. They will swarm on you, bite you, and suck you dry. While on their own the things aren’t that bad, they move quick and will use their swarming ways to rapidly overpower even the quickest adventurer.

Now, to deal with them you need to listen real careful to what I’m about to tell you. You need a spear. The things have very thin skin; one thrust will travel clean through a singular one and pierce the ones behind it. Use this piercing, as well as the range of the spear, to keep them away. They can only bite you if they can reach you, know what I’m saying?

Terraria Football Results: [Pixel]

The results of the match: Dungeon City vs Slime United, which could be considered exciting, if there wasn't such tragedy involved with it. Either way, both sides will have their falls.

1' Well, the harp has been strung; the match is now, at last, underway, after some training from both sides at either end of the pitch. It's Dungeon City against rivals Slime United, which means this is going to be heated. These two teams, with their usual competitive behaviour, will make sure watching this match will be an absolute blast.

9' 9 minutes in and Angry Bones has got itself a red card after literally squishing Slime United's central attacking midfielder, Purple Slime. This is very unfortunate news for both teams, but especially Slime United. The manager will have to look over some possible options to replace this player. Rest in peace, Purple, rest in peace.

16' Pinky's done it! It's a goal for Slime United after that tragic death of Purple Slime. 1-0 is now the score. After a long, decisive, pass from goalkeeper King Slime -- who has been rumoured to leave the club --, Pinky manages to get on the receiving end with a world-shaking volley. That sure sent some chills done our spines.

29' Defender Green Slime is awarded a yellow card from the referee, after foul-mouthing the opposing team's central defensive midfielder, Dungeon Slime. Talk about awkward confrontation; they're both slimes!

45+3' An exciting goal for Dungeon City fans, just before the half time harp. Skeletron really has awoken, making it 1-1 after some great play. Dungeon City used their one-touch skills effectively before Skeletron came charging into the box and grabbing a goal. Curse you, King Slime says. Well, you say that...

60' There's a second! Pinky has now managed to get itself another, probably even confident, and admittedly capable, of getting a third. Dribbling through the legs of three defenders and jumping over a fourth, the top league goalscorer sends a rocket of a shot past Dungeon City's goalkeeper. 2-1 it is.

90' And there you have it, folks. The match ends with a 2-1 scorelines. Great performances from both teams.

Terraria Ethics Column: [Pixel]

Hello, today we'll be talking about a concerning question that has been bouncer around and about for quite some time now. This particular question has become very popular and common and regards slimes, and whether they deserve their cold fate.

The answer to such question can be put very simply; no. The good majority of land slimes won't even hurt players unless they're completely forced to, seeing the player as too tall of an obstacle to get past. Others decide it is best trying to fend back in pure self-defense when a player decides to, out of the blue, attack them.

The slimes that, however, do decide to attack players are only doing it after experience. There are certain slimes that can evolve and age, which means in time they'll realize the aggressive natures of players and try to take them out before the slimes themselves can. Yes, OK, they can kill you, and that's something concerning, but this is only due to the long history between both mob and player. It isn't their fault they need to survive, they don't have large capabilities, neither can they get the resources required to survive.

So please, don't kill slimes. They don't deserve it.

TCF Member Spotlight: [Pixel]

Corenality:

Here we're going to talk a bit about Corenality, and the influence this member has put into these forums. This member has a relatively cartoonish art style, and is very generous when it comes to spriting.

Corenality is a Skeletron on these forums, and that's not to say she's actually a curse, bearded, old man -- that's just her rank. Anyway, Corenality is a spriter, and has, even though after joining these forums in late September, been very active recently. Corenality has been sharing sprites of forum members' avatars. Whether it be Sir Cutswood, Pumpking, or Mystery, Corenality has been posting and posting. She's also received great feedback and kind words, and really to be completely honest, she deserves it.

Corenality has also made a good few suggestions that introduce interesting new concepts that would fit very well within this game. This includes thing such as themed mirrors and barrels, and vanity sets that match. All in all; there's nothing you really can hate about this member. She's kind, talented, as has been so generous to the TCF forums with the avatars that she makes. And with this progress, there will only be more improvement and experience, which is always welcome.

This artist has even managed to get some kind words from the developer Cenx. Now how about that for something special. We writers at The Boreal Bookshelf only wish that Corenality continues doing what she does, because there's a talent that shouldn't go to waste. Thank you, and goodbye.

---

The Boreal Bookshelf: Edition 3

Due to timezone complications, because they're obviously inevitable scumbags, we're missing four segments. Yes, you heard me right, four. So instead of exploding and/or suiciding, group leader Pixel has gone and decided that he will post the four other segments at a later time in a seperate post. Think of it as a half edition.

Terraria: The Mystery Nations [TheGoldenHawkster]

This week we have: The Dynasty, the most mysterious realm you'll ever see or read about.

The Dynasty is a mysterious realm uninhabitable to even the most intrepid of travelers as you need to enter unarmed into the area, otherwise jade dragons will leave cinders of your soul on the Dynasty trail. Since most feel safest jumping into any new zone armed to the teeth, this is very rare, except for the case of very talented sorcerers who can use magic raw from their hands.

The Dynasty is also located high in the mountains and have been enchanted by sorcerers who visit the area so that it always appears to be in the background, thus making it an unreachable area. However, these sorcerers often make some more regular money on the side by going back to known villages and selling wares to the befuddled townsfolk. The Dynasty is known for items of great beauty, such as timber carved as smooth as silk yet strong as oak, roofing tiles which contain many intricate designs within themselves, and swords so light they fall like a feather when dropped.

However, this does not make them unformidable; people of the Dynasty are well known to have intense magical energies as a birthmark from being within the hallowed walls, once consecrated by a group of monks who animated the jade hidden underneath the Dynasty into dragons and used arcane magical runes to border and protect the realm. They are able to channel these energies into fabrics which can be used by spellcasters and sorcerers alike. The Dynasty also bears great mechanical ingenuity and have created many implements for building great structures, however these are hard to find.

Terraria Rap: [TheGoldenHawkster]

JT Machinima and VRGB made a rap battle, pitting Terraria vs Minecraft, so I am going to attempt a short rap myself. I do not rap usually, or do any kind of poetry, so be warned: this may not be great, but I'll still have a go!

You start off with an axe,
And that's with no hacks,
A pick and a dagger,
You chop down a tree,
Finding that easy?
Now you make yourself a hammer.
You be placing down your wood,
All is peaceful and good,
Til you find out you have a bit of mana!
You're exploring down a bloody cave,
Wanna be a mage,
All gems, bolts and splendour!
You find a terrible beast,
Made up of meat,
You realise he'll put you in a blender!
Run, son,
You do realise,
A gun,
Would be better on this kind of monster.
You smash a heart,
Screams stop and start,
Now there's a gun,
You're a mobster!

Fishing Compendium with S.Cales: [TheGoldenHawkster]

This week: Amanitia Fungifin, the fish that every scientist or person with long range of vocabulary has been talking about!

The Amanitia Fungifin is a myconial spore-based specimen, and therefore it resides in the mushroom plains of the caverns, in the murky bluish water. The Amanitia Fungifin is a perfect example of bio symbiotic connections; the fungus encapsulates it and gives it protection and resistance to the toxic spores, and in return the fish catches and reaps the rewards of being in such a lush and verdant environment, feeding on truffle worms, Mushibug grubs and the like.

This fish is highly resided as being a supreme delicacy, as when cooked it has the taste of exotic truffles which otherwise would be very rare and expensive, thus it is in rapid decline. The Amanitia Fungifin was named after Argus Amanitia, who discovered this specimen in the caverns many centuries ago. The reason this fish persists is due to it's rejuvenating properties; it can regrow an entire head and body from a single fin thanks to the mushroom's simple cell structure and ability to replicate and get a "memory" of the organism it lives in symbiosis with.

index.php

The Alchemist's Table: [Commander Crocket]

Welcome back, humble readers, to the next segment of The Alchemist's Table. Today, the potion we will be exploring is the Archery Potion. As the name would suggest, it is a potion intended for archers, and is thus a must have for the seasoned bowman.

Ingredients (produces one):
1 Bottled Water - A component in most potions, crafted with Empty Bottles while within or in very close proximity to a body of water.
1 Daybloom - Somewhat uncommon, grows on grass blocks, blooming during the day.
1 Lens - Periodically dropped by Demon Eyes.

Consuming this potion increases both the damage that each individual arrow deals to a foe, and the speed at which one fires arrows using their bow of choice by twenty percent. This potion is viable at all levels of experience, as it's materials are relatively easy to obtain, and it's effects are not limited to those who use bows - repeater users also benefit from this potion.
You must be wary however, as these bonuses do not apply to those who choose to wield firearms...

Sorcerer's Scrolls: [Commander Crocket]

Greetings, fledgling spellcasters, and welcome to The Sorcerer's Scrolls. Here, we deal not with the mundane triflings of the ordinary world, but with magic. Yes, readers, this segment is one dedicated to knowledge of the arcane. With the correct equipment, anybody has the potential to become a successful spellcaster. However, you must not be rash, for while knowledge of the arcane grants incredible offensive power, it leaves one rather lacking in the defensive department.

Each week, I will dig deep into the archives of the writings of my elders, and reveal to you one magical weapon per week, be it staff, tome or otherwise. Now, you may be wondering to yourselves: What are magical weapons, and how do they work? These are good questions, and I am happy to inform you that the answers to these questions are relatively simple. Let us start with the weapons. Magical weapons are weapons that draw on Mana in order to inflict damage and occasionally status conditions onto an enemy.

As for Mana, it is a resource present in all sentient beings, though some are more adept at its use than others. Us humans for instance, also possess this resource, and its use was plentiful in the past. Magical weapons work by drawing on this seemingly ethereal resource, giving form and shape, allowing it to interact with the beings of the world. There were some who utilised their Mana for the greater good, protecting their loved ones and coming to the aid of those in need. However, there were also some that misused their abilities, often for personal gain. But this is a tale for the ages, having occurred in the distant past.

After eons of conflict between the two parties, its use has since diminished significantly. Thus, it is no longer present in humans in the abundant quantities it once was. Despite this, however, a sliver of Mana still remains in each person, making casting spells a matter of finding the correct items rather than learning how to perform them. It is possible to increase the amount of Mana one possesses artificially, but this is not the time to disclose such information. I will make a note to include this detail at a later time, but for now, let us begin.

To introduce this new segment, let us start with something that is easy to obtain, easy to grow accustomed to, and does not draw too heavily on your resources of Mana. Yes, fellow readers, this week we will be talking about the Amethyst Staff. Those in more exotic worlds may not possess the resources necessary to craft one of these, so this week I will also include an alternative, with slightly superior qualities, the Topaz Staff. You need nothing other than an Iron or a Lead Anvil, along with the materials you need to craft these staves.

Components for the Amethyst Staff / Topaz Staff:

10 Copper / Tin Bars - Obtained by smelting their respective ores at Furnace.
8 Amethyst / Topaz - Both are relatively uncommon, and are found underground.

Both the Amethyst Staff and the Topaz Staff are phenomenal starting magic weapons given their low Mana cost, high damage, and simple crafting recipes. Each casts a single bolt that damages enemies and knocks them back slightly, with the Topaz Staff dealing minutely more damage and knockback than the Amethyst Staff. With the small amount of Mana you begin with, these can be used to devastating effect during your first moments as a spellcaster. However, the bolts fired do not ricochet and travel slowly, so these weapons suffer when engaging aerial targets, such as Demon Eyes or Bats.

That concludes this week's segment. Stay tuned, readers, for there is more to magic than you know...

An Old Sea Dog's Folly: [Matsu]

Part 3: The epic conclusion to Matsu's three part 'An old Sea Dog's Folly'.

I need to gain the trust of that fighter. He seems to be in charge in this place…If I can explain to him…maybe he’ll let me stay near my son.

I went to the man in secret, I found him during one of his trips outside of his compound. I explained to him my plight and he listened in a contemplative silence. After several minutes, he finally nodded his head and said I was welcome in his village.

I have decided not to tell my son about why I am here. He has a life here, and I don’t want to throw that into turmoil. Like the other’s that live here he thinks that their leader simply took pity on me and is allowing me to stay here.

I have finally found him darling, I have finally found our boy.

The Terrarian Armory: [Matsu]

Golem Fist: Matsu has decided to talk about the Golem Fist this time around, bringing in a bucket full of detail about the weapon.

This weapon is one of the more…morbid pieces we will discuss. This weapon, aptly named the Golem Fist, is just that-the fist of the Golem. Once felled one lucky adventurer found that the arm of the beast of still functional. Unlike most creatures the various parts of the Golem are run off of separate nervous systems, allowing this piece to function.

The way the weapon works is actually quite simple. By applying pressure to one of the remaining nerves in the arm, a signal is sent through it that propels the fist. On a microscopic level the process is much more complicated, but I don’t want to bore you. All you need to know about using this weapon is; pull switch, shoot fist.

The way this weapon deals its damage is simple, pure brute force. The fist is shot out at a high velocity, which coupled with its sizable mass, and natural bludgeoning shape means that it hits…hard. While the mechanism behind it is complex, the actual function of the weapon is simple. It is a simple and destructive piece, which is arguably the best kind.

The Hunter's Handbook [Matsu]

Blood Crawlers: What do arachnophobics hate? That's easy; spiders. And this is what Matsu is here to discuss, and then on forward emphasise with great detail. That's right, the crimson creepy crawlies.

These little buggers are just nasty. They are big overgrown spiders and they fight as such. They will swarm you and suck you dry. They cling to walls and can be a pain in the…well…everywhere to hit

In terms of what these things actually do, they bite. They will swarm on you, bite you, and suck you dry. While on their own the things aren’t that bad, they move quick and will use their swarming ways to rapidly overpower even the quickest adventurer.

Now, to deal with them you need to listen real careful to what I’m about to tell you. You need a spear. The things have very thin skin; one thrust will travel clean through a singular one and pierce the ones behind it. Use this piercing, as well as the range of the spear, to keep them away. They can only bite you if they can reach you, know what I’m saying?

Terraria Football Results: [Pixel]

The results of the match: Dungeon City vs Slime United, which could be considered exciting, if there wasn't such tragedy involved with it. Either way, both sides will have their falls.

1' Well, the harp has been strung; the match is now, at last, underway, after some training from both sides at either end of the pitch. It's Dungeon City against rivals Slime United, which means this is going to be heated. These two teams, with their usual competitive behaviour, will make sure watching this match will be an absolute blast.

9' 9 minutes in and Angry Bones has got itself a red card after literally squishing Slime United's central attacking midfielder, Purple Slime. This is very unfortunate news for both teams, but especially Slime United. The manager will have to look over some possible options to replace this player. Rest in peace, Purple, rest in peace.

16' Pinky's done it! It's a goal for Slime United after that tragic death of Purple Slime. 1-0 is now the score. After a long, decisive, pass from goalkeeper King Slime -- who has been rumoured to leave the club --, Pinky manages to get on the receiving end with a world-shaking volley. That sure sent some chills done our spines.

29' Defender Green Slime is awarded a yellow card from the referee, after foul-mouthing the opposing team's central defensive midfielder, Dungeon Slime. Talk about awkward confrontation; they're both slimes!

45+3' An exciting goal for Dungeon City fans, just before the half time harp. Skeletron really has awoken, making it 1-1 after some great play. Dungeon City used their one-touch skills effectively before Skeletron came charging into the box and grabbing a goal. Curse you, King Slime says. Well, you say that...

60' There's a second! Pinky has now managed to get itself another, probably even confident, and admittedly capable, of getting a third. Dribbling through the legs of three defenders and jumping over a fourth, the top league goalscorer sends a rocket of a shot past Dungeon City's goalkeeper. 2-1 it is.

90' And there you have it, folks. The match ends with a 2-1 scorelines. Great performances from both teams.

Terraria Ethics Column: [Pixel]

Hello, today we'll be talking about a concerning question that has been bouncer around and about for quite some time now. This particular question has become very popular and common and regards slimes, and whether they deserve their cold fate.

The answer to such question can be put very simply; no. The good majority of land slimes won't even hurt players unless they're completely forced to, seeing the player as too tall of an obstacle to get past. Others decide it is best trying to fend back in pure self-defense when a player decides to, out of the blue, attack them.

The slimes that, however, do decide to attack players are only doing it after experience. There are certain slimes that can evolve and age, which means in time they'll realize the aggressive natures of players and try to take them out before the slimes themselves can. Yes, OK, they can kill you, and that's something concerning, but this is only due to the long history between both mob and player. It isn't their fault they need to survive, they don't have large capabilities, neither can they get the resources required to survive.

So please, don't kill slimes. They don't deserve it.

TCF Member Spotlight: [Pixel]

Corenality:

Here we're going to talk a bit about Corenality, and the influence this member has put into these forums. This member has a relatively cartoonish art style, and is very generous when it comes to spriting.

Corenality is a Skeletron on these forums, and that's not to say she's actually a curse, bearded, old man -- that's just her rank. Anyway, Corenality is a spriter, and has, even though after joining these forums in late September, been very active recently. Corenality has been sharing sprites of forum members' avatars. Whether it be Sir Cutswood, Pumpking, or Mystery, Corenality has been posting and posting. She's also received great feedback and kind words, and really to be completely honest, she deserves it.

Corenality has also made a good few suggestions that introduce interesting new concepts that would fit very well within this game. This includes thing such as themed mirrors and barrels, and vanity sets that match. All in all; there's nothing you really can hate about this member. She's kind, talented, as has been so generous to the TCF forums with the avatars that she makes. And with this progress, there will only be more improvement and experience, which is always welcome.

This artist has even managed to get some kind words from the developer Cenx. Now how about that for something special. We writers at The Boreal Bookshelf only wish that Corenality continues doing what she does, because there's a talent that shouldn't go to waste. Thank you, and goodbye.

---
I feel honored to be mentioned in @Corenality's section. :p

I feel like reading this at 10:00 PM when I'm supposed to sleep for school.
-_-
I'll do it anyways.

Haha, don't stay up too late reading this, it is a considerably long read.

By the way, gonna add Commander's third segment to the edition.

Poor Purple... rip man rip
As for Pinky, he's a natural at this. He somehow manages to move swiftly past Skeletron without being brutally murdered by him.
Great issue anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom