Member-Run Contest Win a copy of Pixel Piracy--Build Competition!

Which of the Top Five should win?

• Catz

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Flor3nce2456

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Pellaeon

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Pirtz

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Stargazer Sammie

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can submit my entry now, right? Because I just spent forever and a day working on it and even longer getting the image together. Lots rebuilding everything twice. And lots of screencap stitching. I should have built a dingy and called it the Floaty Boat instead.

I can submit my entry now, right? Because I just spent forever and a day working on it and even longer getting the image together. Lots rebuilding everything twice. And lots of screencap stitching. I should have built a dingy and called it the Floaty Boat instead.
Yes you can!

I'd like to point out that being an early bird doesn't grant extra points, however ^.^ You have a week. Personally, I'd stretch my build over the entire week, tweaking it a few times. I won't tell you not to submit it, of course! Whenever you are ready :)

Yes you can!

I'd like to point out that being an early bird doesn't grant extra points, however ^.^ You have a week. Personally, I'd stretch my build over the entire week, tweaking it a few times. I won't tell you not to submit it, of course! Whenever you are ready :)

I'm one of those people who'll get the idea and immediately work on it until its done then go back and tweak everything. Otherwise I won't finish it and will end up working on something else. I usually come back though.... eventually.

Another question, before I post it up. Can I also put it up on my build thread or should I wait until after the contest?

I'm one of those people who'll get the idea and immediately work on it until its done then go back and tweak everything. Otherwise I won't finish it and will end up working on something else. I usually come back though.... eventually.

Another question, before I post it up. Can I also put it up on my build thread or should I wait until after the contest?
Good question! Interesting too.

Good question indeed!
Feel free to put it up on your build thread! You've built it after all ^.^
I always do this for competitions I've entered, unless the rules specifically tell me not to. :D

Good question! Interesting too.

Yes, Pellaeon, you are very interesting too!
I know what you meant, I just felt like being silly about it, hehe ^.^

Alright, got all my questions answered and all my ducks in a row so I present to everyone, the FLYING DUTCHMAN! (caps and exclamation point are necessary, yes)

FlyingDutchman.png

Its not the greatest ship out there and I'm sure there are ones that look so much better but this one is mine and I love it :dryadpassionate: Its really fun to play on/in.

I kept it a bit under the size cap to stay safe since a lot of work went into it and I'd hate for it to be disqualified. The only editing done to it was stitching the screenshots together and removing the background (and Raven, my character) so you just see the ship.

Thank the lord for Khaios and his Castle in the Clouds for showing me how to sculpt clouds, really came in handy here.

If I didn't have a size cap, I think I definitely would have gone bigger. I had so much I wanted to add to the ship's interior but didn't get a chance. Its okay though, I sense a rebuild in the future :dryadhappy:

Okay now if you'll all excuse me, I've got to go nurse this headache thats come on now that I am not super busy building a flying pirate ship.

Didn't see that you had edited your post until just now, Puppy! No, that is definitely too small. Every tile in the grid is a single block, so what you've posted there is 96x55. We're looking for 140x80 blocks. Quite a bit more space for you to work with!

So THIS is 140 x 80?

ScreenShot001.png

Or at least TEdit says so.

Just a quick question: Is the only theme restriction that it has to be a sail pirate ship?

So THIS is 140 x 80?

Or at least TEdit says so.

I also measured out in such a way) As we know, tedit not lying.

I'm not quite sure how you two are seeing 140x80 blocks from that screenshot image. I've gone through and counted the blocks six or seven times, and I'm certain the image you've posted is 112 x 64 blocks, so still a bit small. I've gone through TEdit myself, and built a box. The space within the box (highlighted) is exactly 140x80 blocks. Screen shot it and placed it next to the one @Flor3nce2456 uploaded, and you can see there's a bit of difference. I'd recommend counting your blocks carefully! You seem to be cutting yourself quite a bit short.

Build Competition size allowed.png
I really hope that clears it up! :s

Just a quick question: Is the only theme restriction that it has to be a sail pirate ship?
Yes. As long as it is clearly a pirate sail ship, you can make it in the water, air, or lava, have it be a ghost ship, or whatever (though the ship should be intact, and not sunken). Hope that clears up your question ^.^

Back
Top Bottom