Member-Run Contest Win a copy of Pixel Piracy--Build Competition!

Which of the Top Five should win?

• Catz

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Flor3nce2456

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Pellaeon

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Pirtz

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Stargazer Sammie

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does the build need to be a traditional and whole pirate ship? I have an idea for a more unorthodox entry with a boat that isn't quite in sailing condition.

Does the build need to be a traditional and whole pirate ship? I have an idea for a more unorthodox entry with a boat that isn't quite in sailing condition.

Yes, it does. That's really the only theme limitation. We'd like to see sail ships, whole and intact. ^.^

Just doing a quick revival of this thread, in case someone hadn't seen the original post, and would like to participate.
There are still a few days left. I hope everyone's build is coming along nicely! I look forward to seeing some more entries ^.^

I'm not going to enter (since my builds consist of glass boxes that none of my NPCs can escape), but I wanted to post and say that I'm looking forward to seeing more of the builds and voting in the poll after the top five have been selected. :)

I'm not going to enter (since my builds consist of glass boxes that none of my NPCs can escape), but I wanted to post and say that I'm looking forward to seeing more of the builds and voting in the poll after the top five have been selected. :)

Awww, I'd encourage you to at least try! Nothing bad will come from giving it a shot ;D and, you never know! Maybe you'll start to really get into it, and come out with a masterpiece!

There you go! Smooth as sandpaper! First building contest I participate in! Amazing! You also didn't specify what kind of pirates were supposed to be on the ship, so I made whatever was closest to my idea of piracy! It has a blatant engine room in the lower left corner! Another phrase with an exclamation mark!
Daytime:
EntryDayTime.png

Night Time:
EntryNightTime.png

Hopefully we'll get something for better screenshots soon.

How did I do?
Edit: Actually criticism ins't allowed, but feel free to PM me about it if you feel like it.

Last edited:
There you go! Smooth as sandpaper! First building contest I participate in! Amazing! You also didn't specify what kind of pirates were supposed to be on the ship, so I made whatever was closest to my idea of piracy! It has a blatant engine room in the lower left corner! Another phrase with an exclamation mark!
Daytime:
View attachment 57844
Night Time:
View attachment 57845

Hopefully we'll get something for better screenshots soon.

How did I do?

I've stated that I don't want people to critique entries, but others can feel free to PM you to tell you what they like/dislike about it! I will say, though, very innovative idea for "pirates." ^.^

Also, in 1.3 (which releases at the end of the month), there will be a new screenshot mode, so it will help quite a bit with this sort of thing :D

I have what I believe is the third entry to this contest:

Pirate_Ship_Maybe.png

So as it turns out, I am bad at building boats. Thus I get this monstrosity instead of the nice elegant long ships everyone else has been making.

The voice in my head keeps telling me that boats don't work that way, but OH WELL.

WORKS FOR ME.

....for this competition will be in two parts. First, my wife and I will go over all entries, and pick top five. We will make this decision....

<offtopic>

Wait, Khaios, you're married? :dryadeek:

</offtopic>

In the meantime, seeing some great builds, so far!

<offtopic>

Wait, Khaios, you're married? :dryadeek:

</offtopic>

In the meantime, seeing some great builds, so far!
That depends on who you ask! If you ask the U.S. Government, we are. If you ask our parents, we aren't until the end of next month. We eloped when she joined the military, so we could still live together, but haven't had the wedding for the family yet. Shhhhh. ^.^

Last day for entries!
Remember, any entries made after midnight (12am PDT) will be disqualified.
Tomorrow morning, we will go over the entries and pick the top five, then create the voting poll which will remain open for one week.
Good luck everyone!

This is my entry...
myBnFrd.jpg

Nevermind, I just saw the post so I don't have enough time to build it... HAHAHA
BTW, I loved every entry :3 (Khaios please make the poll with multiple choices at once)

Screenshot_2015-06-20-08-34-07.png
Sadly I don't know (and as far as I know, incapable) of taking screenshots on my PC, so I was forced to build it on mobile ;( I saw this contest on its second day but wasn't finished with my entry until the last. I started off wanting to make a flying ship, but that's a pretty common idea. So I went with something more unique... a upside down flying ship.

Storm Runner- Long ago a crew and it's ship were cursed for a terrible deed they had committed. So terrible it is unmentionable. The curse caused them to live in a flipped world, and never die. These pirates were enraged, and sought out revenge on the people that cursed them. Kidnapping them, and cursing them to leave the same way they are. But it's just a wives tale ;)

If you look closely there are some pretty cool details I added. A upside down table and lamb, small piles of gold and jewels (and spikes!) And a wave in front of the ship to make it look like its moving. Also there is a mouse in the ship that's not effected by the curse that's trying to get a piece of cheese :naughty:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-19-21-56-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-19-21-56-07.png
    241 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom