Member-Run Contest Win a copy of Pixel Piracy--Build Competition!

Which of the Top Five should win?

• Catz

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Flor3nce2456

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Pellaeon

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Pirtz

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Stargazer Sammie

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope I got this on time...
pirate competition.png

Please vote for this captain. There are rumors aboard this ship that the One-Eyed First Mate has hired an assassin to rid of the Captain if we don't win...
one eye first mate.png

I hope I got this on time...
View attachment 58284

Please vote for this captain. There are rumors aboard this ship that the One-Eyed First Mate has hired an assassin to rid of the Captain if we don't win...
View attachment 58285

You made it on time!

-----------------------

Entries are now closed. Thank you everyone who participated in this little competition!
In the morning, we will go over the builds, pick our top five, and open the voting polls!

So, the day I after I made this, my wife was told she had to replace someone on the ship, while it's out for training, so I emailed her the entries so she could do her part in the judging, and I just got her reply. We used a point based system, and awarded each build 1-10 points based on the judging guidelines I've listed in the rules. I then added her points and mine, and picked the top five based on which builds had the most points.

The polls are now open, and you can see the top five builds in the second post on this thread. You have one week to vote for your favorite build, and you are allowed to change your vote as many times as you'd like. I've also opted to make the polls anonymous.

Congrats (in alphabetical order) to @Catz @Flor3nce2456 @Pellaeon @Pirtz and @StargazerSammie for making the top five list!
-------------
A big thank you to everyone who participated in this competition. It was a lot of fun seeing what you all came up with, and even more fun to judge! If you did not make the top five list, don't take it personally! The points were very, very close. In fact 5th and 6th were only one point off from each other. I hope this got everyone in the mood for building, as we get closer and closer to 1.3! Happy building, everyone ^.^

When the judging's all done and that, you should do an "overall scoreboard" thing, so that the builders know where their builds came.

We can't vote for ourselves, right?

EDIT: Haven't peeked at the results yet...

Results are anonymous, so I wouldn't know if you did or didn't ;D That's partly why I did it. So, you have to answer that questions yourself ;)

When the judging's all done and that, you should do an "overall scoreboard" thing, so that the builders know where their builds came.

Sure, I didn't post how the builds scored, because I didn't want to influence people's voting (also why they're listed in alphabetical order). After the winner has been announced, I can tell everyone how they scored ;D

That was such a difficult choice, every one of them looked great in their own individual ways. Mind if I help you judge the builds, @Khaios , or is that out of the question?

That was such a difficult choice, every one of them looked great in their own individual ways. Mind if I help you judge the builds, @Khaios , or is that out of the question?
That's what the open voting poll was for, actually. My wife and I judged the entries and selected the top five. The winner will be selected by the poll, which will be closed in an hour! :D

Well, the polls closed earlier today! I'd like, again, to thank everyone for participating!

It looks like we have a tie! Congratulations to @Flor3nce2456 and @StargazerSammie on winning this little build competition!

The voting was quite close, and I wasn't sure what the outcome was going to be. It was very exciting!
Absolutely fantastic work! Great entries from everyone else as well!

Haloboy asked if I could post the scoring of the entries that my wife and I used to pick the top five, so I'll go ahead and do that now:
@Pellaeon - 19 pts
@Flor3nce2456 - 18 pts
@StargazerSammie - 16 pts
@Catz - 16 pts
@Pirtz - 14 pts
@Haloboy01134 - 13 pts
@plantszaza -12 pts
@Brick Creeper - 8 pts

As I've said, we based the points off of a checklist that we established before I even made the competition, and scored each entry based on how well we felt it met that checklist. One final congrats to the winners! Thank you all ^.^ See you in 1.3!!!

Well, the polls closed earlier today! I'd like, again, to thank everyone for participating!

It looks like we have a tie! Congratulations to @Flor3nce2456 and @StargazerSammie on winning this little build competition!

The voting was quite close, and I wasn't sure what the outcome was going to be. It was very exciting!
Absolutely fantastic work! Great entries from everyone else as well!

Haloboy asked if I could post the scoring of the entries that my wife and I used to pick the top five, so I'll go ahead and do that now:
@Pellaeon - 19 pts
@Flor3nce2456 - 18 pts
@StargazerSammie - 16 pts
@Catz - 16 pts
@Pirtz - 14 pts
@Haloboy01134 - 13 pts
@plantszaza -12 pts
@Brick Creeper - 8 pts

As I've said, we based the points off of a checklist that we established before I even made the competition, and scored each entry based on how well we felt it met that checklist. One final congrats to the winners! Thank you all ^.^ See you in 1.3!!!
HOLY CRAP, I WON?!

ALSO, YAY FLOR3NCE2456 WON TOO! I actually voted for that one. That ship was awesome and totally brought to mind Pixel Piracy so I thought it deserved to win. And it did!

I really loved all the builds, everyone did awesome and this was really fun to do c: Terraria could always use more pirate ships XD

This was really fun for me to see other people's builds, and present a small challenge for them.
I may consider doing this type of thing again in the future, possibly with a better prize,
as well as a bit more of a challenge.

If I run into a little more money, that is, hehe. ^.^

Due to foreseen mutiny, our ol' captain mysteriously disappeared. Cap'n One eye sends his congratulations to the winners! Calm seas and fair weather to ye lads! 'til the next parley...

Congratulations to Flor3nce2456 and StargazerSammie! Very fun contest and I loved looking at all the ships.

Back
Top Bottom