tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt a question. It happens presently and took advantage of it to have the Artic Diving Suit and Familiar Hat as vanities every now and then.

Wasnt a question. It happens presently and took advantage of it to have the Artic Diving Suit and Familiar Hat as vanities every now and then.
Oops, misread that. Guess I put it together in a way that doesn't keep the vanilla code from doing its thing; convenient.

Oops, misread that. Guess I put it together in a way that doesn't keep the vanilla code from doing its thing; convenient.

Indeed.

Also, the rain ability really made obtaining the Reaver Shark much easier since rain really buffs your fishing power. A lucky flower boot, a yoyo and enough coin for a net and you easily have the necesary bait to get those tool-fish.

Didnt fish after that since i was speedrunning the bosses, but i can guess getting larger quantities of material fishes than usual is equally simple.

I DID abuse the ability starting hardmode to spam rain and obtain the Nimbus Rod though... after that, the arena was ready and the ability left forgotten for the most part... only used it as background afterwards!

Now that you are adding new classes again, since all the abilities were made, I suggest two summoner classes! I don't know what to call them, though.

You know Soulbound, and how it's so dependent on just 1 minion, as it can only have one? How about the opposite? A summoner who gains no extra damage,maybe starting with a bit less summon damage, but gains an extraordinary amount of minions. May have to get rid of a bit of invulnerability frames with that, just a bit. Just because normal Terraria summons damage can take up each other - like spiders. Or maybe just make it mostly remove invulnerability frames with the active, that lasts for 5 seconds and a cooldown of 1 minute? Mostly removing invulnerability would increase damage alot.

A bulky summoner. Nothing to special here, just some extra bulk with a summoner. Maybe the active could make you "remove" your minions, giving you life regen/defense/life for 5 seconds, but you are cursed for a bit of time? More minions you have, the better it would be.

Ability's might not be good ideas, but they're just that. Ideas. Don't have to follow ideas, it just gives perhaps a general idea.

Now that you are adding new classes again, since all the abilities were made, I suggest two summoner classes! I don't know what to call them, though.

You know Soulbound, and how it's so dependent on just 1 minion, as it can only have one? How about the opposite? A summoner who gains no extra damage,maybe starting with a bit less summon damage, but gains an extraordinary amount of minions. May have to get rid of a bit of invulnerability frames with that, just a bit. Just because normal Terraria summons damage can take up each other - like spiders. Or maybe just make it mostly remove invulnerability frames with the active, that lasts for 5 seconds and a cooldown of 1 minute? Mostly removing invulnerability would increase damage alot.

A bulky summoner. Nothing to special here, just some extra bulk with a summoner. Maybe the active could make you "remove" your minions, giving you life regen/defense/life for 5 seconds, but you are cursed for a bit of time? More minions you have, the better it would be.

Ability's might not be good ideas, but they're just that. Ideas. Don't have to follow ideas, it just gives perhaps a general idea.

I think the Conjurer will end up with the first idea... on the other hand, the second idea seems unique and could be nice on a knight/summon hybrid.

Speaking of Summons, Sentries are currently excluded right? Making a class for it will be dificult as all Sentries are hardmode, so its special will definitely have to be a sentry...

Not quite done with all the actives, still have Conjuror as Neo pointed out. I suppose I could look into cutting invulnerability time in active form - it could easily be balanced with length and cooldown time. Both of those stat distributions you suggest could be fun for summoners as well.

I think the Conjurer will end up with the first idea... on the other hand, the second idea seems unique and could be nice on a knight/summon hybrid.
Starting Items: Slime Staff
Choosing this class will grant: +5% minion damage, +1 max minion, -10% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% minion damage.
The Conjuror only gets 1 extra minion ever, my idea is a class that just gets summons - no extra damage.

Also, too many minions means that most of them wont be dealing any damage due to the hitcap... even with hundreds of Stardust Dragons using an ultimate summon item that gives +999 minions, he still takes the same amount of time to kill the Moon Lord... Don't even mention Ragnarok...

Also, too many minions means that most of them wont be dealing any damage due to the hitcap... even with hundreds of Stardust Dragons using an ultimate summon item that gives +999 minions, he still takes the same amount of time to kill the Moon Lord... Don't even mention Ragnarok...
I mentioned that, hence recommendation about decreasing the invulnerability a bit.

After my experience with the Rain Ability, i propose a Vampire class. Yes, its cliché but work with me a bit.

The bonuses of this class are:
#All damage types have Life Drain.
#Increased % Resistance
#Increased movement Speed.
#Damage -30% Throwing, Ranged, Summon

Wirh these being increased a bit with each Boss.

There's an obvious catch though, it only applies during the night, but the bonuses become stronger during Bloodmoons and even Stronger during Solar Eclipses.

Daytime (and possibly the Celestial Towers) massively lower movement to a crawl and brings life regen to zero, meaning a quick death in untimely scenarios.

Being underground provides neither buff nor debuff of the vampire's constitution.

His special ability is to:

Prehardmode:
#Turn daytime into night for 1 minute.
#Turn night into Bloodmoon for 3 minutes.

Hardmode:
#Turn night into Bloodmoon for 3 minutes.
#Turn daytime into Solar Eclipse for 1 minute.

#Cooldown being 3-5 depending of if it was used during the day or night.

Again, useless underground or in areas under the domain of the Celestial Towers.

Pros of the class:
#life drain allows the player to survive invasions at night more easily.
#increased movement allows speedy traveling.
#ability to more easily farm for items of particular events.

Cons:
#incredibly restricted during the day.
#provides no bonuses underground and even makes it harder to deal with some enemies due to the limit in weaponry.
#It is very complicated to defeat the Celestial Towers, preventing a complete playthrough without proper preparation.

News with demon-fields. Hotfix is good - in new character i dont get more than 3 flames around. But... i lose flames! Maybe with shielding, maybe with shooting - i lose max spheres. On two or three minutes of playing i have only two max flames, after this - one max. And no flames already! Killing enemies or dying no repair spheres - flames no spawn.

I feel like laughing dejectively a bit now.

First the flames kept multiplying on death because the game insisted on spawning three on revival but did not despawn existing flames on death.

Now they despawn permanently when used. So im guessing the Max ammount is getting reduced when they are used instead of the active ammount.

Maybe it was better to program the flames to despawn completely on revival instead of working the max amount of flames into a formula? Just guessing here.

Maybe it was better to program the flames to despawn completely on revival instead of working the max amount of flames into a formula? Just guessing here.

No, mistake with shielding I think. First - code spawn two flames when one flame destroy with enemy. Now - code no spawn any flame when one flame destroy with enemy. But revival is correct now. And shooting too.

Hmmm. Is it possible to make an attack be applied as two different types of damage simultaneously?

Particularly I speak of the Warmage. It would by interesting if not only his magic bonus is applied to his melee attack, but if bonuses related to magic apply as well.

For example:
Equip Spectre Armor (Mask)
Apply a Flask
Use Ability

Attack with melee weapon affected by flask and ability, with every hit applying the Mask set bonus.

The problem I see is if the damage modifiers of magic affect the melee weapon as well which is quite dangerous...

Still, for curiosity's sake... is it possible?

@Hiccup251 I've noticed a bug with the newest version since I updated, where it keeps using the dragoon active ability despite me being a demon. I'm going to see if using a new contract will fix the issue in question and edit this post if I find anything out.

@Hiccup251 I've noticed a bug with the newest version since I updated, where it keeps using the dragoon active ability despite me being a demon. I'm going to see if using a new contract will fix the issue in question and edit this post if I find anything out.
Actually, my friend had a similar issue where it converted him from Cavalry to Demon, back when that class was added. He tells me that he still gets the buff for being on a mount, just...all the Demon stuff on top of that.

Any League of Legends players out there?

Dragoon: A melee fighter who specializes in impressive jump height and powerful plunging attacks. It has considerable mobility growth, such that one could remain mobile without the use of any movement accessories. Its greatest strength is the offensive and defensive power gained while falling - preferably toward some enemies to skewer upon a spear.

Aatrox? Is that you!?

Chronomancer: A mage who may at first appear to be simply a weaker version of the Sage, stats wise. He gains slightly more mana regen, but lacks the massive max mana growth the Sage enjoys. However, this weakness is more than made up for in an incredibly powerful active ability - provided it's used correctly. Using the active the first time tears a gap in time at his location. If the ability is cast again within 10 seconds, he will instantly return to the hole in time with a massive explosion - and also completely heal any wounds received since the hole was created. The explosion scales hard with level, and in the final stages of the game can deal well over 2000 damage.

Hello? Ekko? Dude, kick-:red: classes. I love 'em!

News with demon-fields. Hotfix is good - in new character i dont get more than 3 flames around. But... i lose flames! Maybe with shielding, maybe with shooting - i lose max spheres. On two or three minutes of playing i have only two max flames, after this - one max. And no flames already! Killing enemies or dying no repair spheres - flames no spawn.

I feel like laughing dejectively a bit now.

First the flames kept multiplying on death because the game insisted on spawning three on revival but did not despawn existing flames on death.

Now they despawn permanently when used. So im guessing the Max ammount is getting reduced when they are used instead of the active ammount.

I'm kind of at a loss for why this still isn't working. I'm going to go from another angle and see if it works any better.
Hmmm. Is it possible to make an attack be applied as two different types of damage simultaneously?

Particularly I speak of the Warmage. It would by interesting if not only his magic bonus is applied to his melee attack, but if bonuses related to magic apply as well.

For example:
Equip Spectre Armor (Mask)
Apply a Flask
Use Ability

Attack with melee weapon affected by flask and ability, with every hit applying the Mask set bonus.

The problem I see is if the damage modifiers of magic affect the melee weapon as well which is quite dangerous...

Still, for curiosity's sake... is it possible?
For projectiles, it should be possible. Not sure about swung weapons like swords.

Actually, my friend had a similar issue where it converted him from Cavalry to Demon, back when that class was added. He tells me that he still gets the buff for being on a mount, just...all the Demon stuff on top of that.
Hrmm, I bet this happens when updating with new classes due to the way data is saved. It reads one of the boss-killed variables as a class variable, since the class list is longer but you didn't have that long list when saving last. Wonder if there's a way to get around this. In the meantime, I should probably at least cobble together a total class reset item to be cheated into the game when stuff like this happens.
Any League of Legends players out there?

Aatrox? Is that you!?

Hello? Ekko? Dude, kick-:red: classes. I love 'em!
Dragoon didn't take inspiration from Aatrox, but rather the classic Dragoon class of Final Fantasy. Chronomancer, on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom