tModLoader imkSushi's Mod

I have some stuff to say.

First, in 2.5.0, I will be adding extra compatibility with mods that have come before my mod in implementing a feature that I want in my mod. How this compatibility will work, is that the code from my mod that conflicts will be disabled, so it will default to their mod recipes/stuff. I will initially implement this with two mods, one by @Fargowilta (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/fargos-mod-name-wip.42291/) and the other by @Saikoureality (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/quick-recipes-heavily-wip-looking-for-coders.44997/).
Second, as I have said before, I do not make this mod for the community, but I make it for myself, and release it to everyone else because they might want what things I want to be added into Terraria. But, my parents have been on at me, and they keep asking, 'imkSushi, why aren't you making money out of your mod', and I have conceded a bit. I will be adding a donate button for all you who want to donate to me. It will go directly into my savings account, and towards my life in general. I am under no circumstances urging you to donate, but if you think I deserve it, then you can. I have a poll about this here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10480888
Finally, 2.5.0 will probabaly not be ready by Thursday, because of the sheer amount of stuff in it, but I will release it when ready.

Another wall of text.

I left some stuff out of my last post. Here it is.

First, I want to thank @PythonGB for his nodded play through with my mod and a few others on YouTube. This has helped boost imkSushi's Mod from 15000 to 21000 downloads and still going up.

Second, I have a list of new features that I have mentioned somewhere on TCF for imkSushi's Mod 2.5.0. They are:

Potions add-on (with the angler amnesia potion and more), removal of Flesh Gem (into two potions in the add-on), recipes for traps, added compatibility with other mods, a massive update to my drops add-on, and more.

Finally, for the release of 2.5.0, I will be overhauling the main post in the thread, as it has become a bit of a mess.

I have some stuff to say.

First, in 2.5.0, I will be adding extra compatibility with mods that have come before my mod in implementing a feature that I want in my mod. How this compatibility will work, is that the code from my mod that conflicts will be disabled, so it will default to their mod recipes/stuff. I will initially implement this with two mods, one by @Fargowilta (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/fargos-mod-name-wip.42291/) and the other by @Saikoureality (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/quick-recipes-heavily-wip-looking-for-coders.44997/).
Second, as I have said before, I do not make this mod for the community, but I make it for myself, and release it to everyone else because they might want what things I want to be added into Terraria. But, my parents have been on at me, and they keep asking, 'imkSushi, why aren't you making money out of your mod', and I have conceded a bit. I will be adding a donate button for all you who want to donate to me. It will go directly into my savings account, and towards my life in general. I am under no circumstances urging you to donate, but if you think I deserve it, then you can. I have a poll about this here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10480888
Finally, 2.5.0 will probabaly not be ready by Thursday, because of the sheer amount of stuff in it, but I will release it when ready.
Dude, the fact that you want to build your awesome mod around my little one is absolutely humbling. You're awesome. Keep it up.

Dude, the fact that you want to build your awesome mod around my little one is absolutely humbling. You're awesome. Keep it up.
The main reason why I am keeping other mods compatible with my mod by making their methods of doing things default, is that I know that if I had a smaller mod that I had just started, it is very demotivating to instantly get swallowed up into a bigger mod, so I make sure that smaller mods take priority over mine if they added something in before me.

So the drops add on is supposed to make the treasure bag have a 20% chance to drop? Because every time I kill a boss I always get a treasure bag, but the expert mode item seems to have the 20% chance to be in the bag.

So the drops add on is supposed to make the treasure bag have a 20% chance to drop? Because every time I kill a boss I always get a treasure bag, but the expert mode item seems to have the 20% chance to be in the bag.
Yup. 100% drop chance for the Normal Mode bag, 20% chance for the expert mode item to be in it. If I got that wrong in the main post, I'll change it when I redo the main post.

Finally!
I have fixed a long long long long standing bug. Cicking on items added in by my mod actually works properly, no more right clicking required.

Also, in case @ColinAV516 is worried about what will happen to his sprite with the removal of the flesh gem, it will be used for what it was originally meant to be used for, the Mini Meteorite.

i feel like the arkhalis only requiring an enchanted sword and 10 gold/platinum bars is a bit op... since the arkhalis is still viable till mid hardmode i believe it would be better to replace the gold/platinum bars with something around hellstone or palladium
so near the end of normal mode or the start from hard mode even.... maybe some more than 10 too... xp

played 60 hours of your mod in last 2 weeks. haven't saw a single one mini meteorite.

I'm doing something wrong? I like them a lot

played 60 hours of your mod in last 2 weeks. haven't saw a single one mini meteorite.

I'm doing something wrong? I like them a lot
Hmm. I've had two today. Though that might just be me messing with code for 2.5.0. I'll redo the code to work better for 2.5.0.

Just got a Hallowed Crate out of Mini Meteorite while in pre-HM. Is this intended?

Last edited:
Just got a Hallowed Crate out of Mini Meteorite while in pre-HM. Is this intended?
Congrats! You've spotted a bug! I'll fix that in 2.5.0.

In other news, seeing as I plan to review all the recipes in imkSushi's Mod, I am pondering if the next version should be 2.5.0 or 3.0.0. I'm leaning slightly towards 3.0.0. Poll on the matter: http://www.strawpoll.me/10502645

Next. I will not be able to release the next version till at least next Thursday, possibly later, simply because I lost three extra days this week that I wasn't expecting, and the amount I plan on adding has increased dramatically, and also, I have got a bit distracted by KillAshley's New Horizons Mod 2.0.0 for Kerbal Space Program. Sorry. BUT don't worry. I will definitely release the next version by the end of the next month, unless something that I'm really not expecting happens. irl, my workload is rather low because of an event that made me busy before I started working on the next version.

Finally, I have four stages of release:
1. Pre-Alpha - I make all the basic templates for code and stuff. Only I test it. (This is the bulk of development).
2. Closed Alpha - I release a very preliminary version to some friends, and they test it, while I fix bugs and add other stuff based on the templates. I effectively finish coding the update at the end of this stage. (This should take a couple of days)
3. Closed Beta - I release a version to about twenty trustworthy people, who test the mod, and find bugs. (This should take a couple of days)
4. Release - I release the mod to the public, and everyone can use it. I'll probably release some bugfixes while I'm at it.

If anyone wants to sign up for the closed beta, please PM me with three things:
1.Why you are especially trustworthy.
2.How extensive your knowledge of modding is (It doesn't matter how good you are, this is just for my personal reference).
3. Your favourite part of any of my mods.
I'll pick about ten to twenty people.

Umm, on my previous world your mod works, i get lots of mini-meteors and when i go in the world it says the welcome green message "thank you for using~~~", but when i go in my other world, my new expert one it doesn't work. No welcome message, 0 meteors falling. And i saw that you're going to "remove" conflicting recepies if there are any with your mod, persionally i like your recepies better and will there be a way to disable the recepie removal?

Umm, on my previous world your mod works, i get lots of mini-meteors and when i go in the world it says the welcome green message "thank you for using~~~", but when i go in my other world, my new expert one it doesn't work. No welcome message, 0 meteors falling. And i saw that you're going to "remove" conflicting recepies if there are any with your mod, persionally i like your recepies better and will there be a way to disable the recepie removal?
Hmm. For config options, main problem is a lack of UI support in tModLoader. I'll see if I can make something that makes an extension to Jopojelly's Cheat Sheet. I have also addd a new 'Sky Unrest Potion' that drops up to four mini meteorites. The green message only happens when you enter a world after reloading mods. Finally, I plan to fix the Mini Meteorite Spawn rate in the next version as well. I have a clear, and rapidly expanding, list of stuff to code, but I am getting through with it.

Also, if anyone has any spare Potion sprites, I could do with a few.

Hmm. For config options, main problem is a lack of UI support in tModLoader. I'll see if I can make something that makes an extension to Jopojelly's Cheat Sheet. I have also addd a new 'Sky Unrest Potion' that drops up to four mini meteorites. The green message only happens when you enter a world after reloading mods. Finally, I plan to fix the Mini Meteorite Spawn rate in the next version as well. I have a clear, and rapidly expanding, list of stuff to code, but I am getting through with it.

Also, if anyone has any spare Potion sprites, I could do with a few.

Speak of the devil, it worked. A meteor just hit my house i was happy and confused at the same time, on my previous world i had like 30, on this one so long and this is first i have gotten. Oh and does it matter if it's multiplayer? i'm playing multiplayer mainly with my friend, thro steam hosting.

And as it seems yeah, singleplayer i'm getting meteors as i did in previous world..but multi not..

I'm having trouble downloading your main mod, I am new and don't understand where to download it from, I click on where you say to download it from but that just brings me to ads and other posts saying how to download it but that is all the same over complicated steps that I don't understand... A direct download would help...

Speak of the devil, it worked. A meteor just hit my house i was happy and confused at the same time, on my previous world i had like 30, on this one so long and this is first i have gotten. Oh and does it matter if it's multiplayer? i'm playing multiplayer mainly with my friend, thro steam hosting.

And as it seems yeah, singleplayer i'm getting meteors as i did in previous world..but multi not..
I don't know the differences between multi code and single code, so I cannot help you there.
I'm having trouble downloading your main mod, I am new and don't understand where to download it from, I click on where you say to download it from but that just brings me to ads and other posts saying how to download it but that is all the same over complicated steps that I don't understand... A direct download would help...
Umm. Download it from the mod browser IN tModLoader.

Back
Top Bottom