3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey is anyone else having trouble getting chaos elementals to spawn? I've been at it for ages and not one has spawned, also can anyone confirm the rod of discord is in the 3ds version
The rod of discord is in the game. You need to be in the purity underground biome and have hallowed blocks as a spawning pad.
[doublepost=1467493211,1467493111][/doublepost]The items from the angler seem really buggy... I got one of his wall items and when I destroyed it, it turned into a different painting. I placed the ship in a bottle and when I destroyed it, I couldn't get it back.

Attachments

• WVW69jW13dUonmLYsd.jpg
    WVW69jW13dUonmLYsd.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 505
The rod of discord is in the game. You need to be in the purity underground biome and have hallowed blocks as a spawning pad.
[doublepost=1467493211,1467493111][/doublepost]The items from the angler seem really buggy... I got one of his wall items and when I destroyed it, it turned into a different painting. I placed the ship in a bottle and when I destroyed it, I couldn't get it back.

do you mean normal underground?

So, it has been a while since I have posted onto here. While I was away, I found some more bugs:

-Dual Hook isn't Dual, it only has one grapple
-Swordfish Trophy should have Blue modifier, it is White modifier, similar to Duke's trophy

I'll get back to you guys on more later :dryadhappy:

Hey I tried your tip and it worked got the rod of discord thanks ☺

I want to post a brainstorm about all the crashes that have been going on. I tried to do some research on my ideas and could not find much (or understand much of what I did find), so this is just speculations.

The first thing that came to mind when reading about it was: memory. I have a New 3DS XL and first played Terraria on its 1.0.2 v. I experienced a few crashes where the system had to restart, but yet to have any crashes since updating to 1.0.3. Granted, I have not "played" much on this version because of a project I have been working on since before the update. Also, have not been to older worlds much. I started to think maybe the SD cards shared some of the RAM and people's cards were full of data and downloads. It doesn't seem this is the case from looking at what hardware specs I could find. However, this got me thinking about cards and how I have a hard copy of the game. Am I wrong that the data being on the game card puts less strain on the system hardware? Which got me thinking about the digital version of the game. Is the game data on the eshop some how flawed causing issues? This got me thinking about areas I currently cannot fathom; being a 3DS coded game, could there be some headers or other programming causing the issue on New 3DS systems, or XL systems? I was reading something about memory appropriation according to specific game codes and something having to do with the GPU running on a lower capacity.

Again, this is just my brainstorm and speculations. I hope this gets some ideas stirring and helps get the crash issues solved. On a final note, you can never save too much. Get that auto-save notification activated, and use it when you see it.

EDIT: I forgot to note that I leave my system on for days, mostly in sleep mode, with the game running. Have even left if running all night while farming Pirate Maps in the ocean.

Last edited:
I want to post a brainstorm about all the crashes that have been going on. I tried to do some research on my ideas and could not find much (or understand much of what I did find), so this is just speculations.

The first thing that came to mind when reading about it was: memory. I have a New 3DS XL and first played Terraria on its 1.0.2 v. I experienced a few crashes where the system had to restart, but yet to have any crashes since updating to 1.0.3. Granted, I have not "played" much on this version because of a project I have been working on since before the update. Also, have not been to older worlds much. I started to think maybe the SD cards shared some of the RAM and people's cards were full of data and downloads. It doesn't seem this is the case from looking at what hardware specs I could find. However, this got me thinking about cards and how I have a hard copy of the game. Am I wrong that the data being on the game card puts less strain on the system hardware? Which got me thinking about the digital version of the game. Is the game data on the eshop some how flawed causing issues? This got me thinking about areas I currently cannot fathom; being a 3DS coded game, could there be some headers or other programming causing the issue on New 3DS systems, or XL systems? I was reading something about memory appropriation according to specific game codes and something having to do with the GPU running on a lower capacity.

Again, this is just my brainstorm and speculations. I hope this gets some ideas stirring and helps get the crash issues solved. On a final note, you can never save too much. Get that auto-save notification activated, and use it when you see it.

EDIT: I forgot to note that I leave my system on for days, mostly in sleep mode, with the game running. Have even left if running all night while farming Pirate Maps in the ocean.
All these variables are hit or miss. I'd say it would be the hardware, but I've seen crash posts from players using every variation of the 3DS. I myself have never had the game crash and have been running it on a New 3DS XL since 1.0.0. I've played about an average of 30-40 hours in each update and still no crashes. I still have the first world I ever created back in 1.0.0 and use it to this day as artificial biome farms. I also have my second world from 1.0.1 and my newest world made in 1.0.3. All three work just fine. My memory card is a 32gb and I've got about 70 other games downloaded into it. My game is the digital version as well. I do wonder though if it has anything to do with the 3DS' time of manufacture. My New 3DS XL is pretty new. It's the Fire Emblem Fates edition so they were made this fairly recently. That's all I can think of.

All these variables are hit or miss. I'd say it would be the hardware, but I've seen crash posts from players using every variation of the 3DS. I myself have never had the game crash and have been running it on a New 3DS XL since 1.0.0. I've played about an average of 30-40 hours in each update and still no crashes. I still have the first world I ever created back in 1.0.0 and use it to this day as artificial biome farms. I also have my second world from 1.0.1 and my newest world made in 1.0.3. All three work just fine. My memory card is a 32gb and I've got about 70 other games downloaded into it. My game is the digital version as well. I do wonder though if it has anything to do with the 3DS' time of manufacture. My New 3DS XL is pretty new. It's the Fire Emblem Fates edition so they were made this fairly recently. That's all I can think of.

Mine is the Hyrule Edition, so that could be.

I used a volcano trap in normal underground with Pearlstone blocks as platforms that come in at the edge of the screen with water candles

I think you're on to something there. On both mine and my girlfriend's (New) 3DSes, I've repaired the software on the eShop. It doesn't help. The only thing that lessens the crashes is saving often. It doesn't stop the crashes, but makes them less frequent.

I tried repairing on 1.0, 1.02 & 1.03... It's not a problem with the download, there's something wrong with the game. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I do know that repairing your software on the eShop is futile and likely won't make a difference.

But I suggested this earlier in the thread. Apparently, that's not enough information, though, and we're meant to do more beta testing to get to the source of it.

@Termina Moon Have you tired repairing the game and update, just the game didn't fix it for me, I had to repair the update aswell. I have played ~9 hours without crash now(because I have been with family) but I'm testing still to see if it is just a temp fix. I'm going to play the game without constant saves on the way back home(3-5 hour dive depending on traffic).

I just realized that (b) happens to me every now and then when I boot up the game, and has been a random occurrence for the past couple of months and my game has actually not crashed in the hours I've played it these past months. So I'm not sure if that can be counted as a precursor for a crash.

@Master Yuso this only happened to me after I started my crash fix option. I'm actually glad to hear it happens randomly aswell because I thought when I saw that for the first time, I thought that my game data was broken and all my data was lost. (It wasn't though)

So, it has been a while since I have posted onto here. While I was away, I found some more bugs:

-Dual Hook isn't Dual, it only has one grapple

Isn't it only supposed to have one hook out at a time but you can be attached while it is shooting the second hook

@Master Yuso i got the game 30 minutes after it was released on the EShop and have(as of replying) 139 hours and I got it one the 2DS and moved it to the Hylian Gold New 3DSXL. I'm not sure when this N3DSXL was released but I got mine for Christmas. Time of manufacture could be it, but it could also just be a small error in the update, that certaint players "activate" that causes the crashes.

I've seen some crashes on 3DS and 3DSXL as well as on the New variations.

Also, @Deanzor , have any crashes happened with any devs for 3DS terraria?
There is a HUGE difference between there 3ds and our's. For example, we play A LOT of different games many with patchs. Many with dlc. They probably have every type of 3ds, but they most likely have a total of one game and I think you can guess what that game is. Here's some hints. It has 2-3 patchs, no dlc, and it begins with the letter "T".

There is a HUGE difference between there 3ds and our's. For example, we play A LOT of different games many with patchs. Many with dlc. They probably have every type of 3ds, but they most likely have a total of one game and I think you can guess what that game is. Here's some hints. It has 2-3 patchs, no dlc, and it begins with the letter "T".

That's An odd assumption.. So I will counter with my own assumption. I assume they have access to many types of 3ds. I also assume that, like a normal person, they have video games at home. I would assume they test and debug terraria at both work and home, however I'm pretty sure they would own/play many various games on their 3ds at home.

If this is reproducible for you this is interesting. Please describe what you are buying that makes it crash. Are you holding down the button to buy a lot of a single thing?
My game crashes constantly during a variety of activities, and sometimes just while walking and doing nothing. Usually when I'm moving around building things. Sometimes it crashes when I go to save&Cont. I really hope the game becomes more stable soon, it's an amazing game. The only thing that saves you from crashes is saving your game every few minutes. But mine crashes when I try to save and that's just harsh.

My game crashes constantly during a variety of activities, and sometimes just while walking and doing nothing. Usually when I'm moving around building things. Sometimes it crashes when I go to save&Cont. I really hope the game becomes more stable soon, it's an amazing game. The only thing that saves you from crashes is saving your game every few minutes. But mine crashes when I try to save and that's just harsh.

The few times my game crashed, which was 1.0.2, was when I was building; or more specifically, when I wasn't killing mobs. Also, it only ever happened on a particular map. I'm starting to think there could be some subtle, yet devastating, worldgen issues. While creating worlds I've noticed, very subtle, differences in load times and the times between messages (ie creating underworld, making world evil/bloody). I've even had worlds go through the whole creation process three to four times before actually loading. This could explain all the randomness with the crashes, seeing as how worldgen is randomized.

The few times my game crashed, which was 1.0.2, was when I was building; or more specifically, when I wasn't killing mobs. Also, it only ever happened on a particular map. I'm starting to think there could be some subtle, yet devastating, worldgen issues. While creating worlds I've noticed, very subtle, differences in load times and the times between messages (ie creating underworld, making world evil/bloody). I've even had worlds go through the whole creation process three to four times before actually loading. This could explain all the randomness with the crashes, seeing as how worldgen is randomized.

That is a logical conclusion. But some game saves that are crashing were created in previous versions or without the constant going through the generation process multiply time(EX:me)
[doublepost=1467600077,1467599670][/doublepost]
When i make a sloped tile to the left \ it doesnt stay that way when i reload! Also when you select an item on the right hand tab it keeps scrolling back to the top of the tab again. This is really annoying. And i also have the game crash every now and then, i have a new nintendo 3DS XL. Please fix this, and please let us hammer platforms as well.

Platforms were hammer able pre 1.03. They would always push you up so I made an elevator with them. It took me from hell to space in about 45-60 seconds

That is a logical conclusion. But some game saves that are crashing were created in previous versions or without the constant going through the generation process multiply time(EX:me)

Some truth, but the only worldgen fix I am aware of is the dungeon fix in 1.0.3; and maybe the flippers which kinda depends on the territory. Though this doesn't necessarily mean the problem was fixed, or even a problem. Also, if a world was generated in a previous version with a bug, I don't think that bug would just disappear with an update; or a repair for that matter. Just like with any console choice, old worlds are not affected by updates that change or make repairs to worldgen bugs/malfunctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom