Terraia 1.3 MAX DAMAGE (help me find it!)

@Landooon aww it hasn't even been a month yet!!! but congrats anyway, i had a similar set up in mind which involved finding the range of the last prism, but got distracted with a other projects and it seems you might be missing some of the new monster spawning statues to further add onto your total

@Lemon-Neko Well, I didn't use the Last Prism because it lowered DPS, and yes I am missing the new statues, but for me it is ok! Once someone else beats it, I'll try to beat them right back :) Now they can utilize these new statues and maybe do it!

iirc piercing damage doesn't proc cooldown on last hit but won't deal damage if the cooldown is in effect. assuming the rockets deal piercing damage but count the hit as the last pierce then that would explain how the last prism lower dps - it causes several, if not all, of the rockets to not damage whilst without the prism all rockets deal damage.
So something dealt piercing damage first has the priority? In my moon lord speedkill video it seems his core doesn't take damage from last prism while rockets are dealing damage.

finding the range of the last prism
I tested it with mechmod's free cam mode back in 1.3.0.8, it was approximately 152 to 153 tiles to the side (Ruler said 152 tiles).

Once someone else beats it, I'll try to beat them right back :)
It's getting intersting, I'm kinda hyped:D

So something dealt piercing damage first has the priority? In my moon lord speedkill video it seems his core doesn't take damage from last prism while rockets are dealing damage.

Not exactly... weapon priority is nigh impossible to keep track of, however what I was talking about isn't applicable with the prism anyways...

An example: If I shoot skeletron prime with the chain gun at 12shots/second with meteor bullets then on 1/2 of the bullets go through... If each of the bullets go through a different mob/bounce of a wall first then all of the bullets will hit, this is because they are on their last pierce. If my friend hits skeletron with a piercing shot (say nettleburst) then my bullets wont hit skeletron for the cooldown time.

6,756,622dps

same set up as my 3.5m attempt, just this time im wearing vortex armor and holding a sniper rifle with 107% crit chance, initial tests showed that just wearing the votex set (cloaked) was influencing the crit chance of the rockets, so not entirely sure if holding the rifle was doing anything

Attachments

• Screenshot (79).png
    Screenshot (79).png
    226.7 KB · Views: 125
6,756,622dps

same set up as my 3.5m attempt, just this time im wearing vortex armor and holding a sniper rifle with 107% crit chance, initial tests showed that just wearing the votex set (cloaked) was influencing the crit chance of the rockets, so not entirely sure if holding the rifle was doing anything

7,034,386 DPS

I used the same firework setup that I had used before. (Setup in this video:
)
However, this time I kind of followed suit with what Lemon did, but I guess mine came out on top!

Video of new DPS (7,034,386):

Picture of New DPS: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...741/21FA92CF6202B23A1904BD2B0E151DC435AABA44/

Attachments

• new wr dps (me).jpg
    new wr dps (me).jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
So finally my test result showed some significant improvement... Gah, it took sooo much time.

23,524,892 DPS

Just so you know, wiring has not been completed yet (less than 20%). My estimate says it will be well over 100M
when it's done.:D I might be able to upload the video sometime this week, so I will reveal my method on that occasion.

Once someone else beats it, I'll try to beat them right back :)

Attachments

• 23,524,892 DPS.jpg
    23,524,892 DPS.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
So finally my test result showed some significant improvement... Gah, it took sooo much time.

23,524,892 DPS

Just so you know, wiring has not been completed yet (less than 20%). My estimate says it will be well over 100M
when it's done.:D I might be able to upload the video sometime this week, so I will reveal my method on that occasion.
Didn't just beat it, you DESTROYED the record.

Thanks! It's fairy easy to beat it, now that we all know the trick.
Hint: Duke Fishrons
I'm not sure about this, but could your design be improved by adding in normal mobs, spawned by statues, which would possibly increase the DPS?

And is there a limit on Duke Fishron spawns? I know there was recently a glitch found that allows you to have virtually infinite lines in the water, so if there is no limit on Duke Fishrons you could theoretically get infinite DPS, the only limit is what your computer can handle.

I'm not sure about this, but could your design be improved by adding in normal mobs, spawned by statues, which would possibly increase the DPS?

And is there a limit on Duke Fishron spawns? I know there was recently a glitch found that allows you to have virtually infinite lines in the water, so if there is no limit on Duke Fishrons you could theoretically get infinite DPS, the only limit is what your computer can handle.
Normal statue mobs are kinda useless because they get killed by one rocket and add only small amount of damage to the dps. I think Duke Fishrons are better option in this term. And yes, 200 npc limit also applies to Duke Fishron.

i'm gonna have to bow-out of this one now, impressive use of the player hoik to string the ghosts along, would not have thought of that myself, and for some reason the idea of having to upgrade your machine for this is hilarious to me. GG
If you hadn't introduced your new methods to us, we wouldn't have made it this far. You are the pioneer and we just followed suit. I really should have credit you in my video... Thank you!

126,064,664 DPS!

just a thought here, but do you think it's possible to use a portal station and teal plates to teleport the dummy ghosts and fire rockets to further increase the dps? i have an inkling that the projectile just might move too fast for it to function properly, or to have the dummies fly and get hit in multiple chambers simultaneously.

It seems dummy ghost cannot enter the portal gun's warmhole.

oh i should've clarified, i meant using the portal gun projectile moving over teal plates to replace you being hoiked over pressure plates....

Capture 2016-07-17 22_53_11.png
Capture 2016-07-17 22_53_18.png

so the portal gun fires, the projectile moves over teal plates which moves the dummy ghosts and fires the rockets

Back
Top Bottom