Terraia 1.3 MAX DAMAGE (help me find it!)

via teleport float glitch
Either that's a whole load of clever float FEATURE usage, or you actually popped into TEit (like I've been doing). No foul, just be careful editing dummies in TEdit, people, since deleting them only removes the sprite, not their registered location in the world file. Their ghosts stayed pinned to the spot (in mid air), even weirder than the standard FEATURE, and un-unbreakable.

Also, may be prettier to display, in a video, to purely teleport the dummies. (A hoik line with player running along it, activating 1 pad at a time, all sending to the same destination pad which has a hoik to clear the zone immediately ready for the nect dummy, etc). Or use an NPC along the activation line, and string on the statue mobs using the same method...
@ZeroGravitas so is 100 or 200 the limit?
ONE HUNDRED dummies only. 200 NPCs max total in world (I think). Including dummies (probably). Hence talking about statue mobs, which who's help I think you can reach the 200 cap. Provided you use a world with no town NPCs present (I think you could just temporarily kill them off). Although I've never tested this properly.
s achieving highest DPS with a single weapon
Thread title says "MAX DAMAGE"... So why not go for *the* maximum damage possible?! :naughty:

Hi guys. It's kinda out of nowhere given that this thread had been stopped since last August, but I found here today so... yeah. (Thanks @ZeroGravitas!)
Anyway, I have managed to reach 3M+ DPS with this setup.
Max DPS in the video (2:05):
uHyYFhX.png

This method is coincidentally similar to @Bahamut2001's, but I used buff potions, feral bite debuff, cute fishron (in liquid), and 6 of each mob statues in addition. There still is room for improvement though. for instance, I'm planning to teleport mobs into the ray instead of just placing statues.

Last edited:
I'm planning to teleport mobs into the ray instead of just placing statues
Looking at this thread, and @terramappy's video, I was wondering if you could accumulate 10 of each mob and have them all drop from an actuated shelf simultaneously, whether that would peak the DPS reading momentarily. It certainly seems to jump around a lot, but not sure if there is a moving average calculation.

Gating in the statue mobs, you could also open up a side gate on a natural spawn mob chamber, for another ~15 or so monsters to hit, then also...
destroyer
... could add a good few dozen extra hits, if timed well.

I also have a currently legitimate (though time consuming, and one shot) idea for hitting the 200 mob spawn limit, but might keep that to myself for the minute... ;)

I think alien hornets can spawn, regardless of how many mobs there are. (Though, I would have to take a closer look at the source code to verify that)

I looked at hornets a bit. In general, there were an average of 3 mobs below (vertical farm), seemingly at all times (ranging from 1-5). Divers seemed to stick around the longest, and any hornets that spawned down there (not by the portal). The overall count averaged 18 (max being 20 I saw once, 19 on occasion, and could go down to 15) but it appears that the hornets spawning above cut off at 14. The mobs below subtracted from the total always equaled 14, the portal stopped spawning them above and started shooting lightning out of it instead of hornets (rather quickly too, but doesn't go through blocks).

hello all long time lurker, first time posting, heck, i just signed up for this forum about 3 minutes ago, but anyway, i did a thing!!!! 3,525,083 DPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was all in about 1 second!!! i'll post details in a bit, i still need to figure them out thanks for all the hard work laid before me and all that's about to come in a couple days
[doublepost=1463814491,1463812222][/doublepost]i saw the the T-MEC video a couple of weeks ago that showcased all the discoveries everyone's made and applied to various death traps/kill pits/AFK farms. Three of the things that caught my eyes were the insta-kill-bosses, the 3m dps videos and dummy ghosts (only because my mind was already blown by hoiks a long while back). killing bosses in a matter of frames is mind boggling fast. 3m dps, let's face it, we all tried to max it out with the 1.3 update. ghost dummies?!?!?! really?!!?!!? granted i tried floating the dummies when i was trying to max dps and only casually noticed that something weird was going on when i was aiming at one dummy and wasnt hitting anything, BUT IT SPAWNS AN NPC?!!?!? HOW DO YOU EVEN FIGURE THAT OUT?!?!?

anyways, putting all 3 together i came up with the included image

it's the cap of 100 dummies hoiked into a single spot where 250 firework rockets, each doing 150 damage, go off. which equates to what should have been 3,750,000 dps but i have this strange feeling that either the game or my laptop couldn't handle the collisions properly

standing right next to the fireworks lagged me for about good 3 seconds (in which i think game ticks keep counting, i kept getting 600k-800k dps) then i did some experimenting and found that i didnt have to stand near them to get them to deal the damage (which is why im standing pretty much in the middle of nowhere in my recorded dps pic) but there's a sweet spot somewhere, if you're still to close you lag, and (havent really tested this part yet) if you stand too far, the rockets dont hit (or it might have just been me forgetting to hoik the dummies in place before firing)

and last but not least, found out that the rockets have a splash radius of i think 6 blocks, and that they go through a block if it is placed directly on top of the rocket

Attachments

• Screenshot (78).png
    Screenshot (78).png
    257.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Capture 2016-05-21 01_34_35.png
    Capture 2016-05-21 01_34_35.png
    280.4 KB · Views: 171
i did a thing!!!! 3,525,083 DPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome & Congrats! The time has finally come to withdraw my proclaimed world record... Well, at least for now.;)
Fireworks, eh? I didn't see that coming, what a interesting method! Can you further increase DPS by putting mob statues somewhere? There are remaining 100 (or less if your world already has friendly NPCs) room for other NPCs to hit the 200 limit.

Welcome & Congrats! The time has finally come to withdraw my proclaimed world record... Well, at least for now.;)
Fireworks, eh? I didn't see that coming, what a interesting method! Can you further increase DPS by putting mob statues somewhere? There are remaining 100 (or less if your world already has friendly NPCs) room for other NPCs to hit the 200 limit.

thank you!

im a bit curious if the last prism and fireworks can overlap damage

If fireworks are categorized as non-piercing projectile damage, then yes, they can overlap. But I doubt it since fireworks can hit 100 dummies at the same time.
[doublepost=1463820870,1463817386][/doublepost]On second thought, it should be doable since each dummy are hit by 250 fireworks at the same time..? Gah, I'm so confused. I need to test it in-game.

I did notice someone one-shotting bosses by teleporting around their world, and letting the arrows they shoot group up and fall. Maybe we could do something along these lines to group up virtually inf dps?

We also may want to put some focus into increase the damage end, not just the target end.

Either that's a whole load of clever float FEATURE usage, or you actually popped into TEit (like I've been doing). No foul, just be careful editing dummies in TEdit, people, since deleting them only removes the sprite, not their registered location in the world file. Their ghosts stayed pinned to the spot (in mid air), even weirder than the standard FEATURE, and un-unbreakable.

Also, may be prettier to display, in a video, to purely teleport the dummies. (A hoik line with player running along it, activating 1 pad at a time, all sending to the same destination pad which has a hoik to clear the zone immediately ready for the nect dummy, etc). Or use an NPC along the activation line, and string on the statue mobs using the same method...

ONE HUNDRED dummies only. 200 NPCs max total in world (I think). Including dummies (probably). Hence talking about statue mobs, which who's help I think you can reach the 200 cap. Provided you use a world with no town NPCs present (I think you could just temporarily kill them off). Although I've never tested this properly.

Thread title says "MAX DAMAGE"... So why not go for *the* maximum damage possible?! :naughty:

I got the new World Record DPS. 5,580,819. 2 Mil over the last. We are getting somewhere DMG wise. YouTube Video of it:

Attachments

• World Record DPS.jpg
    World Record DPS.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 165
I got the new World Record DPS. 5,580,819. 2 Mil over the last. We are getting somewhere DMG wise.
HOLY FREAKING CRAP. 5,580,819 DPS!? Amazing...congrats!
So I have a question. In the video you said that somehow when you stand close to it dps isn't as high. My impression is that it is related to the lag rockets cause. Did you experience any lag when you were far away from it and firing last prism to the statue mobs?

By the way, you earned a sub!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP. 5,580,819 DPS!? Amazing...congrats!
So I have a question. In the video you said that somehow when you stand close to it dps isn't as high. My impression is that it is related to the lag rockets cause. Did you experience any lag when you were far away from it and firing last prism to the statue mobs?

By the way, you earned a sub!
When I stood close I only got around 1,800,000. When I moved away sometimes I was too far and no damage happened at all. I tried to overlap the damage that would be done by the rockets with the damage by the Last Prism at the statue mob area. That statue area only generated around 400k DPS and didn't overlap. As a matter of fact, it lowered my DPS by shooting those guys to around 2,400,000. I found it best when the rockets were off screen and I was not killing any other mobs. I got 5.58 Million two times doing this. I did not experience lag when I was up close or further away. I also tried bat dropping the rockets so that they would at hit the roof and explode at the same time, but that only netted around 800k DPS for some reason. So the Last Prism did not cause lag, but it also did not help me personally. AND thanks for the sub my friend!

Ah, I got it. Thank you for the detailed explanation!

Sorry but one last question, can I ask your PC's cpu and gpu? (like i7-4790, gtx980)
CPU is IntelCore -i7 6700k 4.0 ghz LGA 1151 and My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 and
16 GBs of RIPJAWS DDR4 RAM.

I got 100% crit with a sniper rifle!
That is quite possible but only when you use crit boosting accessories/prefixes, this is pointless for MAX damage because it is still possible to reach higher using +damage gear and lucking out on a crit...

terramappy said:
If fireworks are categorized as non-piercing projectile damage, then yes, they can overlap. But I doubt it since fireworks can hit 100 dummies at the same time.

iirc piercing damage doesn't proc cooldown on last hit but won't deal damage if the cooldown is in effect. assuming the rockets deal piercing damage but count the hit as the last pierce then that would explain how the last prism lower dps - it causes several, if not all, of the rockets to not damage whilst without the prism all rockets deal damage.

Back
Top Bottom