tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So I noticed a weird bug between this mod and the boss health meter mod, which I think could be very easilly fixed.

(Before you ask, this image was made on a TEST WORLD just to replicate the bug, I have had this happen in legit worlds too.)

20160905072800_1.jpg
As you can see, the health bar is all blurred, I think this could be easilly fixed by just making the head the boss and not the entire body, the damage is all connected to the head anyway right? So why not just count only the head of worm bosses as a boss?

I know it is normally bad to report things related to other mods, I will also report this to the boss health meter thread. Never mind, it appears the boss health meters mod has no thread, which kinda sucks to be honest, anyways I do hope my suggestion about the worm bosses does provide a fix.

Last edited:
Finished Phase 1 Hive Mind animation:
QNuIeso.gif

That took forever to get that nice throbbing effect on the eyeballs

Nice! I guess for phase 2, you can make the central eye always look at the player. That'd be a neat touch, but that probably be a bit tricky in terms of coding and spriting.

So I noticed a weird bug between this mod and the boss health meter mod, which I think could be very easilly fixed.

(Before you ask, this image was made on a TEST WORLD just to replicate the bug, I have had this happen in legit worlds too.)

View attachment 137929 As you can see, the health bar is all blurred, I think this could be easilly fixed by just making the head the boss and not the entire body, the damage is all connected to the head anyway right? So why not just count only the head of worm bosses as a boss?

I know it is normally bad to report things related to other mods, I will also report this to the boss health meter thread. Never mind, it appears the boss health meters mod has no thread, which kinda sucks to be honest, anyways I do hope my suggestion about the worm bosses does provide a fix.

The health meter mod looks garbage IMO, I would just disable it (just an opinion)

I wanted to suggest that it "looses" the brain, revealing it's gross gooey insides, (since with each certain amount of damage it summons dank creepers, and you could asume the creepers are what's on it's brain)
My idea for a phase 2 was that all of it's eyeballs fall out leaving gaping holes along with losing some of it's armor, I think making it lose it's brain would be pretty intense to pull off

Maud remarkable, I adore him. But please, reduce chance of emergence Gem Crawler's. Very much there is a lot of them and by means of them it is very easy to get gems.

Has to be expert mode to get shadow essences. Fortune and Glory kid, if ya don't want it then ya don't get the dev. items.
Oh, it didn't seem to be stated in the OP. I will wait until I finish my normal playthrough to do it in Expert. Also Wyvern Feathers are difficult to collect due to the only ok drop rate and how Wyverns aren't common. Maybe give them a chance to drop multiple feathers? And Living Shards are too tedious to farm even if you could annihilate Plantera easily, for there are only limited amounts of them at a time. Maybe give Plague Chargers a chance to drop them.

Speaking of Plague Chargers, the Plaguebringer Goliath charges too often at low HP in normal mode. This would be very hard for any melee player to not die in due to the plague effect, and the high damage.

Its faster charging interval at low health should be removed in Normal Mode or balanced out. Expert Queen Bee doesn't have this issue due to how the damage she does isn't too worrisome even in Expert mode anyway, and Expert Duke Fishron does lower charge damage in his 3rd phase. Possible ways to balance the Goliath would be to give it the Duke Fishron treatment at low health or to slow charging speed, while decreasing the time it takes for the missiles to strike.

EDIT: The Goliath at low health has charges that end much quicker, so the Goliath is too close to you to dodge well unless you're outside.

Last edited:
Oh, it didn't seem to be stated in the OP. I will wait until I finish my normal playthrough to do it in Expert. Also Wyvern Feathers are difficult to collect due to the only ok drop rate and how Wyverns aren't common. Maybe give them a chance to drop multiple feathers? And Living Shards are too tedious to farm even if you could annihilate Plantera easily, for there are only limited amounts of them at a time. Maybe give Plague Chargers a chance to drop them.

Speaking of Plague Chargers, the Plaguebringer Goliath charges too often at low HP in normal mode. This would be very hard for any melee player to not die in due to the plague effect, and the high damage.

Its faster charging interval at low health should be removed in Normal Mode or balanced out. Expert Queen Bee doesn't have this issue due to how the damage she does isn't too worrisome even in Expert mode anyway, and Expert Duke Fishron does lower charge damage in his 3rd phase. Possible ways to balance the Goliath would be to give it the Duke Fishron treatment at low health or to slow charging speed, while decreasing the time it takes for the missiles to strike.

EDIT: The Goliath at low health has charges that end much quicker, so the Goliath is too close to you to dodge well unless you're outside.

Increased the amount of Living Shards that Plantera drops in both Normal and Expert Mode.

Plaguebringer now gets less damage while her health gets lower. Goes from 115 to 80 depending on health. Uses a similar formula to her defense buffs as she gets weaker.

Increased the amount of Living Shards that Plantera drops in both Normal and Expert Mode.

Plaguebringer now gets less damage while her health gets lower. Goes from 115 to 80 depending on health. Uses a similar formula to her defense buffs as she gets weaker.
Nice, and I just discovered that Galactica Singularities don't stack at all.

Back
Top Bottom