Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Throughout the time using this mod/tool, literally the only problem I've had with it is beaches. It literally destroys them, with little remorse. I've tried all sorts of combinations and tweaks to see if something is throwing it off, with very little success.

Specifically on large worlds, I've noticed that in any worlds used with TerraCustom, the oceans are very, very small (sometimes as little as 95% of what you'd typically expect to see is gone, with extremely shallow water). Possibly even worse yet, the land parts of beaches are also generally shortened to an absurd degree, and almost half of them are non-existent/100% gone, leaving the ocean water's surface touching the forest biome or whatever else is next to it often times.

I humbly propose for an option to extend the surface area of beaches (where palm trees grow) to the user's liking. In addition to that, it would also be fantastic to get 2 more options to extend the surface area of the ocean itself, along with an option for the ocean's deepness. But at the very, very least, I believe an option to extend beach portions would be a massive improvement -- seeing as that part of the biome is all too often completely disappears.

Terra custom won't create an expert world and I can't make the largest possible world using the large maps mods.

When I try to create expert it always comes out normal. I have tried making it normal size, but I still won't work.

When trying to use large worlds mod, 12000 wide and 3000 tall seems to be my max

Everything is up to date. I have large worlds, thorium, tremor and calamity enabled.

Terra custom won't create an expert world and I can't make the largest possible world using the large maps mods.

When I try to create expert it always comes out normal. I have tried making it normal size, but I still won't work.

When trying to use large worlds mod, 12000 wide and 3000 tall seems to be my max

Everything is up to date. I have large worlds, thorium, tremor and calamity enabled.
I just tried and expert works for me, not sure what is going on.

And not being able to go to 16800x4800 is normal.

This gets stuck when placing traps any idea how to solve this.
Try lowering some options. Or post the settings and I'll try.

Sorry, what's the difference between Random, Corruption plus Crimson chasms, and crimson plus corruption chasms?

Does random pick between the two? Or does it randomly place both of them? What I want is crimson chasms AND corruption chasms on opposite sides of the world.

Thank you for the amazing tool!

Edit: Nevermind, I think I understand what this means. Your world has to be one type, because what it really influences is what chest spawns in the dungeon. I want the knives, so I went with crimson with corruption chasms. Thanks again for the amazing tool.

Sorry, what's the difference between Random, Corruption plus Crimson chasms, and crimson plus corruption chasms?

Does random pick between the two? Or does it randomly place both of them? What I want is crimson chasms AND corruption chasms on opposite sides of the world.

Thank you for the amazing tool!

Edit: Nevermind, I think I understand what this means. Your world has to be one type, because what it really influences is what chest spawns in the dungeon. I want the knives, so I went with crimson with corruption chasms. Thanks again for the amazing tool.
It influences the naturally spawning boss and some other things, but if you do either of the both options, you'll have 5 biome chests in the dungeon either way.

Hi, I have played Terraria for a very long time and I thought that this looked cool and i really wanted to try it out.... the actual creation of the world works fine, but for some reason when I go into the actual game and select the world it says Load Failed! No backup found... can anyone please help me?

Hi, I have played Terraria for a very long time and I thought that this looked cool and i really wanted to try it out.... the actual creation of the world works fine, but for some reason when I go into the actual game and select the world it says Load Failed! No backup found... can anyone please help me?
Is this without any mods? Did you mess with the width and height?

Is this without any mods? Did you mess with the width and height?
I just redid everything and it works again, there are no changes to world width and height and it works right (i think) but every time I open the world, it just says that Load Failed and that there is no backup. It is an expert world if that helps.

I need help regarding world height. How do I make a normal looking world (in terms of hills, valleys, flat areas, except the overall height of the world is much MUCH higher than normal, such as 600'? I keep on trying to get worlds like this, but the spawn is always less than 100'. If this isn't currently possible, please give us an option to set the average world height in the next patch, a slider than could go from 0 to 600 (example). Then, let us set the max height above the surface, such as space going up to 1300', or only going up to 500'. This would make obtaining a proper world height MUCH easier, in my opinion. I love this tool, but this is the only issue I've been having with it.

Could you please clarify the steps that the mac users should take? Ive renamed the one file that i could find in the folder to terracustom.exe, and then nothing happens. What else should i do or is there something im doing horribly wrong?
I cant find the terraria.exe file, i can only find terraria.app, and i dont think i should replace that.

I'm not sure I've used the very most recent version, so forgive me if this has already been dealt with, but I noticed a weird problem where TerraCustom seems to mess with my config.json. Specifically it sets Fullscreen to false and removes the UseExperimentalFeatures line (causing it to revert to false when I launch Terraria). I can't imagine why it would be doing that on purpose, so I assume it's unintended.

Last edited:
Alright, after searching through about 30 worlds, trying to find a world for my Expert mode playthrough, I am noticing a few issues, and would like to advocate some changes to be made:
Additions / Changes:
1.) You should be able to set the minimum, and maximum surface height limits. Rather than the cryptic system in place currently, I think you should be able to set the maximum and minimum heights, and then use a slider to determine how flat, or how hilly your world will be.
2.) Add a counter for # of Pyramids and Giant Trees. Trying to find a world with even 2 pyramids, or one tree with a loom in it is frustrating sometimes, this would help fix this problem.
3.) Allow Giant Trees to spawn near your spawn-point. This is to allow for some interesting building opportunities at the start of the game.
4.) A toggle for the snow biome to spawn near the world spawn-point. Some people (including myself) loathe the snow biome, and don't like spawning in / near it. This would alleviate this issue.
Issues I've had:
1.) This is about the ocean. Whatever side the dungeon is on, the ocean following it always has an abnormally long beach, leading to a very small ocean, as a result. The other ocean, on the side of the Jungle, never has this issue.

That's all I have to say for now, I really love this mod, but I feel that there are a few limitations that prevent this mod from being perfect.

1.) This is about the ocean. Whatever side the dungeon is on, the ocean following it always has an abnormally long beach, leading to a very small ocean, as a result. The other ocean, on the side of the Jungle, never has this issue.
This one I agree with 100%. Although in nearly every world I make, both sides of the map tend to have extremely short/shallow oceans, with near non-existent (sometimes completely non-existent) beach portions. And while this was my result among all sorts of varied setting combinations, it should be noted I mainly play on large worlds -- I have not tested this nearly as much on smaller world sizes.

Like I've posted some weeks ago, I proposed for three new options:

1. Allow to define the surface area of beaches (where palm trees grow) to the user's liking

2. Define the length or surface area of the ocean itself

3. Define the ocean's depth (this one being the least important, but nice to have nonetheless)

Back
Top Bottom