tModLoader The Thorium Mod

ahhh my bad, still having fallen champion statues spawning on the surface is a very real problem, but it could possibly be a bad mod interaction like I said

Edit: so I feel a little bit like an idiot right now, so apparently I used a little bit of marble when I flattened out the area, I didn't think much of it at the time, but I suppose it is possible to create a marble biome on the surface like other biomes

I have to say though, having a nice building material like that constantly spawning bosses, really isn't the greatest design decision, perhaps make it so that like the flower boss thing in the jungle, to not have it respawn unless optionally spawned after defeated?

This is why you use Smooth Marble instead of normal, I suppose~

The S.S Devastator's Rocket sounds are switched, when it fires a rocket, it makes an explosion sound, and when it explodes, it makes a launching sound.

Can't place Thorium weapons on weapon racks. Weapon disappears. Lost a bow trying this.

Not sure if it's intentional, but Slugger's push is cumulative as long as you're in the air.

Hemorrhage not using ammo is a drawback... the heal is situational at best, but with no piercing or multishot, the weapon suffers compared to, say, Darksteel bow with Steel arrows.

Scythes not being able to have mods seems like a major setback. At the very least, it's unexciting.

Thought for a weapon mod: Animated. Adds autoswing to weapons normally lacking autoswing. Maybe include Malevolent... upgraded version like Ruthless or Demonic that also adds autoswing. Mods available ONLY for weapons without autoswing.

Just some notes.

1.Can't place Thorium weapons on weapon racks. Weapon disappears. Lost a bow trying this.

2.Not sure if it's intentional, but Slugger's push is cumulative as long as you're in the air.

-snip-
1.this is a known TModLoader bug
2. this is semi-intentional. it started off as a bug, but diverman sam liked it and didn't fix it

1.this is a known TModLoader bug
2. this is semi-intentional. it started off as a bug, but diverman sam liked it and didn't fix it
Thanks. Any idea if The Buried Champion drops are bugged? 47 kills, 10 staves, 10 bows, 9 swords... 18 shields and zero god hands. I know there is a slight chance of zero god hands, but it kind of looks like the god hand drop is eclipsed by the shield.

I've found an odd bug with prefixes. For whatever reason upon loading a world, all ranged and magic weapons with prefixes that have a speed modifier lose the bonus of it after being used once. (melee and summoning weapons work fine)

PrefixBug.jpg

The change isn't just visual. The item acts as if it has no bonus speed which results in it firing slower. Also for some reason once you reforge a weapon at the goblin tinkerer, it works fine and keeps the speed bonus until you reload the world and use it again. I made sure to test this with just Thorium enabled and updated to the latest version.

I've found an odd bug with prefixes. For whatever reason upon loading a world, all ranged and magic weapons with prefixes that have a speed modifier lose the bonus of it after being used once. (melee and summoning weapons work fine)

The change isn't just visual. The item acts as if it has no bonus speed which results in it firing slower. Also for some reason once you reforge a weapon at the goblin tinkerer, it works fine and keeps the speed bonus until you reload the world and use it again. I made sure to test this with just Thorium enabled and updated to the latest version.
Also, it might be intentional, but when the Omni Cannon gets a prefix like Rapid or Unreal, it gets negative speed.

The mod is really cool, but can you add some mounts? ill be very greateful!
There are already a few mounts.

heh fun with world seeds and Thorium... here's one that makes a bit of a botch, but with an upside. Normal medium corruption: 3)myw;(`=2F7#Ms}Qo$>

Also, is the 1000-item chest limit still in play? I might have to make another world just for storage if it is.

Edit: I dunno if it'll copy for folks, but I don't know how to get rid of that smiley. It's semicolon left parenthesis.

Hey @DivermanSam I am legit curious, how did you make your infinite use throwing weapons able to have prefixes?
So the way tModLoader (and possibly Terraria itself) give modifiers to weapons is solely based on a line in the code where we set its damage to something like, item.melee or item.magic. Well item.thrown is the exception, as it doesnt seem to latch onto any set of prefixes, so making a non-consumable throwing weapon will never allow it to have a modifier conventionally. But, since I can change the tooltip of the damage type (as evidence of the radiant damage) I set the non-consumables to item.ranged, which allows the weapon to latch onto ranged prefixes, then I change what tooltip damage it says it does to "throwing damage". Now since the weapon is now classified as a ranged weapon, some issues arise... In another method, I have to divide the ranged damage bonus from its total, while multiplying the throwing damage bonus as well. That fixes any damage inconsistencies that could arise, but Crit is still a small issue, as there isn't a method to solve it like there is for damage. Finally, since in the projectile I'm able to set it to projectile.thrown the weapon having item.ranged doesnt effect it, so were clear there. You might notice that the Bone Glove receives ranged prefixes as well, so I imagine a similar if not better process is done for it.

tldr; its technically a ranged weapon, with me making it seem like a thrown weapon.

Back
Top Bottom