tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,452 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Hello,

I Just updated calamity, reloaded mods and now most of my UI is gone as well as the mouse cursor, only the map and HP/MP are visible, hitting F11 makes the Map and MP/HP disappear/reappear but the rest of the UI stays gone, had to ALT-F4 out of the game because hitting escape does nothing.

The only mods that had updates since the last time I played were Boss checklist, which I tried disabling first to no avail, and Calamity.

I created a new character and a new world in order to not affect my existing stuff and then disabled Calamity, reloaded and started the new char/world. UI was fine at that point. So I saved, enabled Calamity, Reloaded and started the game with the new char/world and the UI was gone again. I disabled and reloaded one more time and the UI was back after loading the new char/world. Please look into this as I really don't want to get rid of Calamity since I enjoy it very much.

Thank you

How do I spawn the Brimstone elemental? Or where can I find her?
You'll need a Charred Idol, crafted with Hallowed Bars and some other materials. Check the guide for the others. You'll need to summon her in the Calamity biome, which is at the bottom left of your world. If there isn't one, you'll have to kill Calamitas first to get the biome-generating item or fight her in another world.

Hello,

I Just updated calamity, reloaded mods and now most of my UI is gone as well as the mouse cursor, only the map and HP/MP are visible, hitting F11 makes the Map and MP/HP disappear/reappear but the rest of the UI stays gone, had to ALT-F4 out of the game because hitting escape does nothing.

The only mods that had updates since the last time I played were Boss checklist, which I tried disabling first to no avail, and Calamity.

I created a new character and a new world in order to not affect my existing stuff and then disabled Calamity, reloaded and started the new char/world. UI was fine at that point. So I saved, enabled Calamity, Reloaded and started the game with the new char/world and the UI was gone again. I disabled and reloaded one more time and the UI was back after loading the new char/world. Please look into this as I really don't want to get rid of Calamity since I enjoy it very much.

Thank you
This is probably more of a Tmodloader issue than a Calamity issue, as we dont have any code that messes with the HUD.

The new Leviathan is certainly a step in the right direction. It's less singleminded and less play-using-the-minimap than before, but I am wondering about the shield. As I understand, it reflects projectiles, and negates all damage from the reflected shots. Am I to assume that the only ranged damage that can get through to her is special projectile types, such as the brimstone fury and Thorium's Terra Bow lasers?

Also, why the change to the loot system? Not that it's BAD, but it A. removes any and all point in getting the stones to challenge her early, and B. seems to have made the expert drop unobtainable by mistake.

So I managed to find the fabled Waifu in a bottle. >_>

20170225101554_1.jpg

Got it while farming for forbidden fragments to make the forbidden armor set. Gotta say I laughed a bit when I saw it. :p

This is probably more of a Tmodloader issue than a Calamity issue, as we dont have any code that messes with the HUD.

I've done some more testing with the loader and the new char/world
  • Disabled all mods
  • Loaded only calamity, worked fine.
  • Started loading my other mods one at a time. Testing every time to see if the HUD was still there.
  • Found that FUtils and Calamity can no longer co-exist.
  • If both are on the HUD disappears, If I Disable one or the other the HUD is fine.
  • I was able to load up every other mod in my list along with Calamity.
The other thing I noticed is that if Calamity and FUtils are both enabled if I pick up an item the game will micro freeze and spam the item pickup sound and I will get a full inventory of that item.

I'm going to ask the creator if he has anything that messes with the HUD though I doubt it since all he does is add a few items but his mod hasn't been updated since the 11th of Feb while this issue started this morning so I think something that was changed in Calamity is not meshing with something in FUtils and tmodloader just goes wonky because of it.

In the meantime I'll keep FUtils disabled since it only has 3-4 QoL items.

Thanks for answering me though.

I've done some more testing with the loader and the new char/world
  • Disabled all mods
  • Loaded only calamity, worked fine.
  • Started loading my other mods one at a time. Testing every time to see if the HUD was still there.
  • Found that FUtils and Calamity can no longer co-exist.
  • If both are on the HUD disappears, If I Disable one or the other the HUD is fine.
  • I was able to load up every other mod in my list along with Calamity.
The other thing I noticed is that if Calamity and FUtils are both enabled if I pick up an item the game will micro freeze and spam the item pickup sound and I will get a full inventory of that item.

I'm going to ask the creator if he has anything that messes with the HUD though I doubt it since all he does is add a few items but his mod hasn't been updated since the 11th of Feb while this issue started this morning so I think something that was changed in Calamity is not meshing with something in FUtils and tmodloader just goes wonky because of it.

In the meantime I'll keep FUtils disabled since it only has 3-4 QoL items.

Thanks for answering me though.
clean reinstall terraria and tmodloader , I use both with no issues so your directory might be corrupted

I found a bug. the leviathan does only one attack. the reason I think this is a bug is because she moves to do a different one, but then does the exact same 'core bubble' attack. but if its intentional, I don't like this. the projectiles she fires are super easy to dodge, and if that's it one attack it kinda makes the actual leviathan useless, and the siren does everything

Last edited:
I found a bug. The Hive Mind's summoning item, Terratoma, is crafted with True Shadow Scales instead of Shadow Scales. This really sucks, because I can't fight the Hive Mind.

Back
Top Bottom