tModLoader Skyblock Mod

Okay so i play for about 10 or twenty minutes and now I'm stuck, i cut all my trees and I have two fertilizer, 80 wood, and the things I started with, how am I supposed to get copper and iron and tungsten and all that?? `:confused:
you make a extractonator and take the dirt and put it in there

So the plantera bulbs are spawning correctly, but when i break one, only one hook spawns rather than the entire boss and it appears just above the first ash layer. Is there a way I can prevent that?

Wow. This is a great mod. I just beat Moon Lord and I have had sooo much fun playing this =D
Grats and thanks!

I used to play minecraft's skyblock, by BaconDonut, and there was an in-game book you could use to follow along and progress with. A sort of mini achievement for completing each thing on the list. If something like that were in this map it would be VERY helpful.
Yea, but I'm not looking to download a whole nother mod. :)
Not wanting to download a simple mod to make it easier for you to see recipes is like playing skyfactory without NEI/JEI (or the mod that added the book to follow along with), I would love to see someone play any modded minecraft without some sort of look up for recipes.

Yes I know there is a way to look up recipes in terraria already, but it is limited and it is obviously bad if there had to be a mod that got created that is a recipe browser, right?

If I added a "book mod" to follow along with, it would be a seperate mod, and you would have to download it in addition to the skyblock mod, as I would try and make it easy for other mod authors or modpack makers to use the book for their own too.

To answer your question. The first tier of seeds is made with light and dark souls and some other stuff.
Thanks for answering as I have too busy to check the forums as often the last few days

I'm not the author so I can't presume, but in my opinion this mod was basically meant to be played with the Recipe Browser mod. Some of the recipes are simply too random to be able to guess what is used to make what. Sky Factory may have a book but it comes with the same kind of recipe lookup mod build in.

I started this mod before CheatSheet/RecipeBrowser was released, though I didn't publish my mod until a few months after they came out, but at the time I started creating I wished there was some sort of NEI type of mod as I knew my recipes would be a little wonky, as I like my recipes to sort of make sense for what they are making and not caring if the items are obscure or like never used. I was super excited and happy when CheatSheet/RecipeBrowser was released though.

I have been seriously considering adding "modReferences = RecipeBrowser" so that you cannot play Skyblock without RecipeBrowser as it would eliminate many of the questions in this thread. I do love answering questions (and each time someone asks a question or I answer, it pushes my mod to the top of the forums giving my mod more exposure), I just might not be fast enough to help and RecipeBrowser would be able to answer the questions about recipes super quick... AND you don't ever have to open the recipe browser if you didn't want to, incase you want to play pure or what ever, it would be there just in case though.

I have been having a blast with this mod but Im trying to kill plantera now and it just shows the msg plantera has awoken but it doesnt show up, i tried to look at the map to catch it somewhere but it didnt even show on the map right after i broke the bulb.

Any ideas how to make it spawn, did you guys make a huge jungle for it to grab into?

I have been having a blast with this mod but Im trying to kill plantera now and it just shows the msg plantera has awoken but it doesnt show up, i tried to look at the map to catch it somewhere but it didnt even show on the map right after i broke the bulb.

Any ideas how to make it spawn, did you guys make a huge jungle for it to grab into?

Basically, yes. To quote myself: "Most likely it's just trying to spawn to far away outside your jungle area. Plantera tends to pick a super random direction to spawn well off screen. You can keep trying since plantera bulbs should spawn exactly 1 bulb a day or just build out a bunch of two block wide rows of mud with jungle grass as a "framework" for it to spawn on."

I have been seriously considering adding "modReferences = RecipeBrowser" so that you cannot play Skyblock without RecipeBrowser as it would eliminate many of the questions in this thread.
Okay, I like that. People will whine about having to install multiple mods, but they always whine. Actually, you could also just reference and link the mod in the install instructions. Right now I've been getting the impression that some people think knowing what they can craft is somehow cheating. By the way I just realized you don't have clear install instructions in the first post. Yes it should be obvious and you do give enough information for someone who knows how mods work, but you have plenty of people coming here with no prior mod experience... I guess. I would also suggest explaining the boss spawning requirements issue of the worm, plantera, and sometimes the brain. Your map is one of few situations where people have to learn that certain bosses turn shy if they don't have enough biome around them to spawn on. Of course you could always just make another mod that makes bosses reliable and persistant. I've been hoping for a while that someone would mess with Boss AI so that instead of bugging out and leaving or not even spawning they should just temporarily enrage until their requirements (biome, night, whatever...) are met or they kill all players and leave.

Basically, yes. To quote myself: "Most likely it's just trying to spawn to far away outside your jungle area. Plantera tends to pick a super random direction to spawn well off screen. You can keep trying since plantera bulbs should spawn exactly 1 bulb a day or just build out a bunch of two block wide rows of mud with jungle grass as a "framework" for it to spawn on."

Do you mind posting a picture of your jungle or the arena you made to spawn it?

In the content it says there is a new recipe for leather, does anyone know what it is. I have asked the guide with a ton of items and cant figure it out. Rotten chunks is all i can find and thats base terraria

In the content it says there is a new recipe for leather, does anyone know what it is. I have asked the guide with a ton of items and cant figure it out. Rotten chunks is all i can find and thats base terraria
You need an old shoe from fishing and brown dye from the dye trader

Do you mind posting a picture of your jungle or the arena you made to spawn it?

You don't really want it. Mine wasn't good enough either, but we got lucky and it spawned in on two out of 6 attempts, and it gave us everything we cared about in those two kills. Just know he/she/it will spawn about a screen (maybe more) away in any direction, and if the chosen spawn area is a void, she just won't spawn. I suggest just spreading out rows of mud with jungle grass growing on it a screen and a half out in all four directions. If you need more jungle grass seeds I figured out really late in my playthrough that flower boots work on jungle grass.

I am just wondering, is there any way to get a slime statue?
nope. If you're just going for more gel in a hurry I'd say your best bet is to just summon king slime. If you want a slime staff you may sadly be SOL.

What do fully blossomed hardmode ore plants look like, I can't seem to collect mine
I have neglected to put them on the 1st post, will remedy that soon. For now here is how most of them look when fully bloomed: http://i.imgur.com/XxLjVjo.gif

Also note, they can only be broken like the ores normally are, example, the coballidium can only be broken by a pick with a power of 100%+. You cannot harvest them with the staff of regrowth either.

I have neglected to put them on the 1st post, will remedy that soon. For now here is how most of them look when fully bloomed: http://i.imgur.com/XxLjVjo.gif

Also note, they can only be broken like the ores normally are, example, the coballidium can only be broken by a pick with a power of 100%+. You cannot harvest them with the staff of regrowth either.

Really, didn't know, I was attempting to mine mithril/ orchilium plant with a reaver shark. Didn't know it was progressive.
Guess I wasted my time fishing for palladium and cobalt ore. Huh?

Back
Top Bottom