tModLoader Skyblock Mod

is there any way to automatically collect from the auto fisher / connect it to a chest or do you have to stand near it to collect fish?

Last edited:
I also noticed a much lower return rate on compressed blocks. I didn't say anything though because I haven't thoroughly tested it. Could be my imagination.
It is intentional, I based it on convenience. You can extract 111 compacted way faster than you can 999 regular. SO you get to decide if your time is worth it. I have been working on re-writing a lot of code in my mod and the numbers are definitely tweaked in the next update, but still less.

I don't mind fertilizer not working on ore plants. It feels like about the right amount of time and effort as is. At first I was annoyed when I found out Chlorophyte plants had less than a 1:1 seed drop rate so you end up with fewer plants almost every time you replant, but then I realized how cheap they were. With that said: option 1 for upgraded fertilizer if I had to choose.
You have a 60% chance of getting 1 seed, 20% chance of getting 2, and a 20% chance of getting none. So per harvest chance, you should get 1:1 over time. Sounds like some bad luck.

Is there any way to implement a staff of regrowth mechanic, or upgradable staff of regrowth for harvesting ore plants? What I mean is, when using the staff, it will only harvest mature plants so you can plow through a row without aiming or worrying about waste. Also, smart cursor doesn't know what to do with ore seeds, you have to click directly on each empty planting space. Without those two features farming ore plants is a lot more finicky than farming potion ingredients. I'm not sure how easy it is to teach smart cursor how to plant seeds in nearby spaces, but it shouldn't be too hard to make a few upgrades to the staff of regrowth. I figure we could craft it with each tier of pickaxe in order to make the staff work and not break progression. Any thoughts?
When I had first made the mod I could never figure out how to do get smart cursor to work, so I never implemented it. I will be looking into it over the next few days and hopefully can figure out something that will work.

is there any way to automatically collect from the auto fisher / connect it to a chest or do you have to stand near it to collect fish?
Unless someone comes up with a cool mod to vacuum hopper items on the ground, sadly no (or at least I do not know of one). The idea was to let it do some fishing and check on it and grab the items off the ground when you felt like it.

Would still love a cool Applied Energistics/Refined Storage type mod in Terraria.

It is intentional, I based it on convenience. You can extract 111 compacted way faster than you can 999 regular. SO you get to decide if your time is worth it. I have been working on re-writing a lot of code in my mod and the numbers are definitely tweaked in the next update, but still less.

You have a 60% chance of getting 1 seed, 20% chance of getting 2, and a 20% chance of getting none. So per harvest chance, you should get 1:1 over time. Sounds like some bad luck.

It's mind boggling to me that something I learned in later high school math is actually getting use in a "real life" problem. So the 1:1 harvest ratio may be right in theory and on paper, but in practice you will slowly lose seeds. This is actually pretty similar to the Monty Hall problem of probability. It was a gameshow scenario where people had to pick the door with the prize behind it. Google it if you want a proper explanation, but it just means that dealing with probability in sequence may add factors that completely change the probability. I can promise that after enough harvests the chlorophyte will dwindle down to nothing. Here's why: There are equal chances that you will gain or lose seeds each harvest, except what you lose is no longer production and the chance for seed from a lost crop is 0. Say you start with 30 seeds... replanting you get 28. In your thoughts eventually you should get lucky and get those seeds back in a surplus harvest, and in fact you might, but statistically the odds are against it. In your 1:1 average a crop of 30 should return about 30, but should the next crop of 28 return 30? No, it should be about 28. Think of it in terms of the planted pots. A pot growning a crop has a 20% chance to give 2 and 20% to give 0. A pot with no crop has a 100% chance to give 0. A bonus seed has a chance to gain or lose, but a lost seed has no chances to gain.

I'm not very good at explaining this stuff... Anyway it doesn't matter in the end since chlorophyte seeds are so cheap.

An interesting thought for the extraction. Say the loss is 10%. That would apply every step of the way if extracting multiple stages. People who decide to compress will certainly do it to each stage as they go. Since we're talking about the difference let's take out probability and say you get the same products every time (and I'm making up these numbers). Say that each block exctracts to double of the next stage of block and 1,000 dirt will always get you 20 of each seed. A player is after glowing mushroom seeds to make the dankest of dank bases...

NORMAL x2 x2 x.02
1,000 obsidian > 2,000 stone > 4,000 dirt > 80 shrooms

COMPRESSED x1.8 x1.8 x.018
1,000 obsidian > 1,800 stone > 3,240 dirt > 58.32 shrooms 27.1% less shroomage

My math is pretty rusty but I think that's how to calculate it.

Last edited:
Released new version!

Re-wrote quite a bit of code to be more streamlined and to allow more flexibility later. Extractinator outputs might vary from previous iterations.

Added a new fertilizer that works better and also works on hm ore plants. (Still trying to get smart cursor to be a thing).

Fixed exploit with hm ore plants too.

*crosses fingers for no bugs*

Hey, i know this will maybe sound stupid... but I don't get why would you need the bars from the hardmode primary ores (Cobalt/Mythril/Titanium...); because I made a molten armor, got a dart pistol from a crimson mimic and crystal darts from hallow biome; and defeated the twins and skeletron prime, so i got the hallowed armor super easy; now i'm gonna defeat the destroyer and with that win i'll literally skip all the primary ores and all the plants you need to make (I tried to plant the ores... got bored because it took a lot of f**ing time and defeated the mechanical bosses without the armor and the weapons you get from those ores); I don't know if currently there's a feature that needs the bars from these ores but... I would like to get something good from them in return if I will be spending my time on these "ore plants"; like items to make the "ankh charm" or something else idk.
(i'm sorry for my grammar, english isn't my first language)
[doublepost=1489039090,1489038898][/doublepost]
Hey, i know this will maybe sound stupid... but I don't get why would you need the bars from the hardmode primary ores (Cobalt/Mythril/Titanium...); because I made a molten armor, got a dart pistol from a crimson mimic and crystal darts from hallow biome; and defeated the twins and skeletron prime, so i got the hallowed armor super easy; now i'm gonna defeat the destroyer and with that win i'll literally skip all the primary ores and all the plants you need to make (I tried to plant the ores... got bored because it took a lot of f**ing time and defeated the mechanical bosses without the armor and the weapons you get from those ores); I don't know if currently there's a feature that needs the bars from these ores but... I would like to get something good from them in return if I will be spending my time on these "ore plants"; like items to make the "ankh charm" or something else idk.

Forgot i need the titanium forge to get clorophyte bars sorry :p

They are there for those who feel they need the ores. Some people are not as skilled or lucky and feel like they need the hardmode ore stuff to do better. I personally feel like the Titanium armor set is one of the best sets of gear for quite awhile.

As for the hardmode ore plants, they don't take that long to grow, maybe 10 minutes at most. Also, you can make Concentrated Fertilizer to help them grow faster if you are not patient.

Forgot i need the titanium forge to get clorophyte bars sorry :p

That too :)

Aaaaaaand done. Killed every boss, every invasion, all the usual items and full gear. Moonlord died on the first try because we had tons of all the best buff potions from all the dropped seeds and autofisher fish. Killed him several times until we had all our weapons. Did a few more events after that to show off like always. Yeah, done. Thank you for the pack. Mod list: Boss Checklist, BouncyCoins, DyeEasy (just because of prickly pear issue that was later resolved), Helpful Hotkeys, No Flare, Recipe Browser, Reduced Grinding, Skyblock Mod, and most importanly Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman Mod. I placed tubemen behind all the cultists with a rainbow tubeman in the middle.

Aaaaaaand done. Killed every boss, every invasion, all the usual items and full gear. Moonlord died on the first try because we had tons of all the best buff potions from all the dropped seeds and autofisher fish. Killed him several times until we had all our weapons. Did a few more events after that to show off like always. Yeah, done. Thank you for the pack. Mod list: Boss Checklist, BouncyCoins, DyeEasy (just because of prickly pear issue that was later resolved), Helpful Hotkeys, No Flare, Recipe Browser, Reduced Grinding, Skyblock Mod, and most importanly Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman Mod. I placed tubemen behind all the cultists with a rainbow tubeman in the middle.

Congratulations! Thanks for all the feedback through your playthrough too.

Should totally post a pic of the cultist spawn in my other thread ;)

Congratulations! Thanks for all the feedback through your playthrough too.

Should totally post a pic of the cultist spawn in my other thread ;)

I dunno.... HM ore seeds still don't plant with smart cursor and there's still no way to use the Staff of Regrowth to harvest only mature HM ore crops.... Kidding. done.

Am I the only one having problems with the mediafire download link? Every time i click on it the page says it cannot load. CAN SOMEONE HELP??? I really wanna play this mod

Am I the only one having problems with the mediafire download link? Every time i click on it the page says it cannot load. CAN SOMEONE HELP??? I really wanna play this mod
I clicked on all 4 links and they take me to the download page just fine. Also it let me click the green download button to download them too. Maybe try again?

Not sure if other people are having the same issue I am but I cant seem to summon Plantera. I know I have a big enough area for it to grab ahold of (built under the temple). The bulb spawns but when I break it I get the Plantera has awoken message and it doesnt even show up on the map. Got any ideas?

had the same issue. Most likely it's just trying to spawn to far away outside your jungle area. Plantera tends to pick a super random direction to spawn well off screen. You can keep trying since plantera bulbs should spawn exactly 1 bulb a day or just build out a bunch of two block wide rows of mud with jungle grass as a "framework" for it to spawn on.

Hello! I'm REALLY enjoying this map a lot but, is there a list or step-by-step guide for first time Skyblock players for Terraria? I'm stuck and don't know how to progress any further after defeating the WoF. I don't know how to get ores to makes the HM seeds. I spent 4 hours fishing and came up with a bunch of HM bars and ores, but the recipes to makes seeds require two types of ores. I can only seem to get one or the other, but not both that are required. I've been following along with HappyDays, and he's been very helpful with his videos, but I'm to a point to where I've past the videos. Please help!

I used to play minecraft's skyblock, by BaconDonut, and there was an in-game book you could use to follow along and progress with. A sort of mini achievement for completing each thing on the list. If something like that were in this map it would be VERY helpful.

Thanks! :)

Like it states in the beginning of the forum, you can use cheat sheet or simply an item recipe mod download
You can search up recipes and has helped me find the solution when I am stuck
I am not sure if you can put links on the forums, but if you scroll down the download page "Cheat Sheet"
there is a Recipe Browser which a standalone version of just the Recipe thing of the mod.

Like it states in the beginning of the forum, you can use cheat sheet or simply an item recipe mod download
You can search up recipes and has helped me find the solution when I am stuck
I am not sure if you can put links on the forums, but if you scroll down the download page "Cheat Sheet"
there is a Recipe Browser which a standalone version of just the Recipe thing of the mod.

Yea, but I'm not looking to download a whole nother mod. :)

ok, I respect your decision
buts you know
its really small and doesn't add much much,

I can answer your question if you need help on anything
I just beat the WOF, too

ok, I respect your decision
buts you know
its really small and doesn't add much much,

I can answer your question if you need help on anything
I just beat the WOF, too
Okay, I can only get Titanium, Orichalcum, and Cobalt Ores. How Do I get Palladium and Adamantite Ores so I can make the seeds?

I'm not the author so I can't presume, but in my opinion this mod was basically meant to be played with the Recipe Browser mod. Some of the recipes are simply too random to be able to guess what is used to make what. Sky Factory may have a book but it comes with the same kind of recipe lookup mod build in. HappyDays is playing the mod through without ever showing looking up any of the recipes, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was checking Recipe Browser when the camera is off. Either that or he's relying on his polls and fans to tell him every step of the way. If he showed recipe browser on screen though people would realize that horseshoes are easy to craft and his series would unfortunately get less funny real fast since the "jump" option on his polls would go away. Not dissing Happy in any way here, just pointing it out.

To answer your question. The first tier of seeds is made with light and dark souls and some other stuff.

Wow. This is a great mod. I just beat Moon Lord and I have had sooo much fun playing this =D
Grats bro. Welcome to the club of victory.

Back
Top Bottom