tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Where can i find the calamity biome? I heard it was on the far sides of the underworld but i cant see it

Also, any idea why cryogen keeps de-spawning on me?
It always spawns at the very edge of the left side naturally. If it's not there, you'll need to beat calamitas and use an item she drops to create a new one. (it can take a bit like the tool tip says so don't worry if your game locks up for a bit)

As for the second question, stay in the snow biome. If you leave it cryogen despawns very easily. So you might want to expand your snow biome if there isn't enough room for a proper fight. Also flying too high can count as not the snow biome, so take care to keep him in view if your flying very high.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say the next boss coming to calamity is gonna be that desert boss that was spoiler a long time ago. we haven't heard much more of it but I can assume this is the case because, well, this boss has been hinted at a number of times, and its the only one. I know some people could be arguing "no, the next boss is that giant plaguebringer-looking thing ziggums posted" but that is most likely a re-make of pg

We have a dispute: Is Cryogen worth fighting for the drops or not? (not for the ore)

If you think that it's worth defeating Cryogen for the drops then for what class?
(Melee,Ranged,Magic,Summoner,Throwing)
The expert mode item seems pretty useful to me for a while and I usually keep it until I get the dreadon wings or even as far as the seraph tracers due to the damage buff. It's not extremely amazing in terms of wings and others are better, but I still like it.

I haven't fought Cryogen in ages and have actually just entered hardmode in my current playthrough and will fight Cryogen soon. Even if the drops aren't better than what I have, then it'd still be a nice challenge or fight nonetheless.

The expert mode item seems pretty useful to me for a while and I usually keep it until I get the dreadon wings or even as far as the seraph tracers due to the damage buff. It's not extremely amazing in terms of wings and others are better, but I still like it.

I haven't fought Cryogen in ages and have actually just entered hardmode in my current playthrough and will fight Cryogen soon. Even if the drops aren't better than what I have, then it'd still be a nice challenge or fight nonetheless.
Gotta tell you *whisper* He has gotten strong.

Gotta tell you *whisper* He has gotten strong.
Sounds good to me.
tumblr_n2p2hykwWO1rkumvuo1_500.gif

Hey, couldn't find anything about this using the search function but I think I found a bug. Not related to multiplayer, it affects me in single player too.

I've found that all the wings (mod and vanilla) fly at the same speed, and the speed appears to be extra slow since I updated today. Sorry if you guys already knew this, as the update has been out for a while, I just never updated. Anyways, could also just be mine idk. Idk what the issue would be.

Edit: Its fixed now idk why

Last edited:
suggestion: i think defeating supreme calamitas should spawn a new female town NPC dressed in ragged clothing who is indeed, calamitas herself but without yharim's curse (maybe since u defeated her, the magic unleashed from yharim broke) and she thanks you for freeing her.
currently idk what functions the NPC would have but ill leave that up for you guys
i rly want this suggestion becuz after hearing the lore about calamitas, i think its just wrong and us players should have a choice to change the story while playing the mod.

suggestion: i think defeating supreme calamitas should spawn a new female town NPC dressed in ragged clothing who is indeed, calamitas herself but without yharim's curse (maybe since u defeated her, the magic unleashed from yharim broke) and she thanks you for freeing her.
currently idk what functions the NPC would have but ill leave that up for you guys
i rly want this suggestion becuz after hearing the lore about calamitas, i think its just wrong and us players should have a choice to change the story while playing the mod.
bump cause this suggestion needs to be read first and not buried
i asked the same question today to. lol
u kill the hive cyst (stationary with 3000 hp) that spawns uncommonly in the corruption

I had this same suggestion, but for all bosses to have their own 'lore based' npc, except I wanted it for regular calimatas

I had this same suggestion, but for all bosses to have their own 'lore based' npc, except I wanted it for regular calimatas
'regular calamitas' is actually a weaker clone and the true calamitas is speculated to be supreme calamitas. every boss having their own npc... well that may work but have u came up with any yet? i came up with a few.

'regular calamitas' is actually a weaker clone and the true calamitas is speculated to be supreme calamitas. every boss having their own npc... well that may work but have u came up with any yet? i came up with a few.
I feel getting a town NPC after defeating supreme Calamitas is a bit too late.
Although it seems like a good idea.

Few questions. Why does Providence drop "holy" stuff if she is the "profaned" god
Also why are we fighting Braelor and Statis. I though we all wanted to defeat yharim (or not. . .) and didn't the devouer eat them?

Call it Mage or I swear I will obliterate you with the might of one unvigintillion suns. (You didn't even spell it correctly)
[doublepost=1491109148,1491109061][/doublepost]Also, still. ESSENCES OF CINDER. HALP PLEASE.
Sand tortoise(desert obviously)
Sun bat(underground)
Heat spirit (was that chaos?idk underworld)
Wyverns and rain cloud thingy
Shockstorm shuttle (sky)

Sand tortoise(desert obviously)
Sun bat(underground)
Heat spirit (was that chaos?idk underworld)
Wyverns and rain cloud thingy
Shockstorm shuttle (sky)
For me Sand Tortoises spawn all over the underground and desert.
Heat Spirits drop Essences of Chaos. (Best name ever: Rain cloud thingy)
[doublepost=1491115141,1491114681][/doublepost]

I can't call that a point so it's still 1-0. 1 person thinks the Cryogen drops are useful.

Back
Top Bottom