Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it runs well for you guys now - that may or may not hold true for 1.3 and beyond... we will just have to wait and see how the hardware requirements come back. Second Gen Minis have 1gb RAM, so you would be ok for now at least. However, again, none of us know yet what 1.3 will need on mobile.

Doesn't really matter what I think, as bad as that sounds. You and I both have to wait and see what Pipeworks comes back with as hardware requirements. ;)

No worries, its all good I will have to wait when it comes out to see if my theory on 1.3 working alright for me is true

I've been waiting patiently, checking for news everyday, for little more than a year now, I've been a terraria player on the PC since the beginning, I have it on vita, PS3, PS4, 3DS, my phone, and Wii U, annnnnnd I am getting super antsy...I know it's a long shot, but can you possibly tell me if this update will be sooner in Q2 or later? Like, maybe narrow the release date a little more? Maybe?

I've been waiting patiently, checking for news everyday, for little more than a year now, I've been a terraria player on the PC since the beginning, I have it on vita, PS3, PS4, 3DS, my phone, and Wii U, annnnnnd I am getting super antsy...I know it's a long shot, but can you possibly tell me if this update will be sooner in Q2 or later? Like, maybe narrow the release date a little more? Maybe?
It has long been the policy of Re-Logic to only make announcements when there is actually something to announce. :) We're all waiting for further info and they know that. I'm sure they'll be happy to share as soon as they can confirm anything ^_^

It has long been the policy of Re-Logic to only make announcements when there is actually something to announce. :) We're all waiting for further info and they know that. I'm sure they'll be happy to share as soon as they can confirm anything ^_^
Ehh, well, I guess it won't change how fun this update on console will be! It's fun on the PC and I'm excited to play with PS4 and Nintendo friends the new terraria update whenever it comes out! Thanks though!

I have a question about the mobile version.
The Terraria mobile is too much easy than PC and console version. This is a bit boring because is easy and fast to all clear the game.
I'd like to know if the 1.3 mobile update will be balanced this.

@Tunnel King (or any moderator),
What does this mean:
This means that anyone who currently has a copy of Terraria on old gen (e.g. Xbox 360, PS3) and wants to play Terraria 1.3 on a current gen console (e.g. Xbox One, PS4) when the update hits will have to buy a new copy of Terraria for that console: an old gen disc would not get you access to 1.3 on a new gen console, nor would having one entitle you to a free or discounted copy for the new gen console.

In short: if you already own a copy of Terraria on a new gen console, you're fine. If you do not, and want to play 1.3 when it comes out, you will have to buy a copy of Terraria for that new gen console (as well as own such a console, of course).

This means that anyone who currently has a copy of Terraria on old gen (e.g. Xbox 360, PS3) and wants to play Terraria 1.3 on a current gen console (e.g. Xbox One, PS4) when the update hits will have to buy a new copy of Terraria for that console: an old gen disc would not get you access to 1.3 on a new gen console, nor would having one entitle you to a free or discounted copy for the new gen console.

In short: if you already own a copy of Terraria on a new gen console, you're fine. If you do not, and want to play 1.3 when it comes out, you will have to buy a copy of Terraria for that new gen console (as well as own such a console, of course).

Ah. So the note isn't aimed at old-gen players. It probably should have been worded differently. Perhaps "New Gen players currently using an old-gen copy will need to purchase a Current Gen copy." (or something to that effect)

Ah. So the note isn't aimed at old-gen players. It probably should have been worded differently. Perhaps "New Gen players currently using an old-gen copy will need to purchase a Current Gen copy." (or something to that effect)
Current gen Terraria players would already own a copy of Terraria for their system. That's why they targeted the statement at "Old gen players" aka "people who play terraria on old gen systems."

OMG I'm so hyped for this update :'D
Has Red stopped working on the game? I've heard he has just wanting to make sure
I haven't heard anything certain about that. I don't think there's been any official announcement in that regard. :)
Pipe works Should make the Console Terraria Different Why are they trying to make it more Like PC ?
Because PC Terraria IS Terraria. Console and Mobile were only ever intended to be ports of the game to new platforms ^_^

I haven't heard anything certain about that. I don't think there's been any official announcement in that regard. :)

Because PC Terraria IS Terraria. Console and Mobile were only ever intended to be ports of the game to new platforms ^_^

But some People don't have Good PC's I only have a bad laptop i can Barely play Mine craft without Lag Console all ways gets ignored

But some People don't have Good PC's I only have a bad laptop i can Barely play Mine craft without Lag Console all ways gets ignored
It's not that console is getting ignored. The fact that 1.3 is getting ported proves the devs do care about console.

Console has exclusive items because Engine Software took it upon themselves to create them. I think they figured no one would buy the console version unless it could offer something new. Most of that content is basic pallet swaps with cranked up stats. It's lazy design work and the creator of Terraria has never liked it.

The PC version of Terraria is the way the game is intended to be. That's why the console exclusives have never been ported back to the pc version. I'm not sure what's planned to happen to the console exclusives, but the devs have talked about reevaluating their inclusion in the PC version down the line. Either way the focus is on making sure that every version you can get of Terraria going forward is the proper version of the game, instead of the splintered mess of missing features we currently have.

How is console getting updated equate to it being ignored? You've lost me there. They're simply porting the original game to the new platform. That's what ports are for.
Tell me when was the Last Update they have nothing to show us They have No clue when the Moon lord Update will come out It's been a month and nothing to show us i am just waiting

Tell me when was the Last Update they have nothing to show us They have No clue when the Moon lord Update will come out It's been a month and nothing to show us i am just waiting
What is there to show? They are rewriting Terraria, there is no way to quantify how far that is done. They haven't got anything to spoil either because we already know all the content that's going to be in the update, so making spoiler video's or something similar would just be a waste of time that could instead be spend on actually working on the update. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

As for not having a clue: they have stated Q2 as their release target ever since the rewrite was announced. I have no idea why you think they haven't got a clue when they have a very accurate (for game development terms) estimate.

This is what real game development is like, long stretches with nothing new to talk about. If you were somehow expecting them to give us an update every week or two, that's just an unreasonable expectation. An indie dev on social media is not normal as far as game development goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom