tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Alright, well I was considering making a side mod for it, but I don't think it's possible or at least I don't know how. The tmodloader coding for catching fishes only lets you change what fish you catch, instead of changing catch rates. The way my mod works is that, if you set a 50% chance of catching a fish, then as long as your fishing in the correct biome, you have a 50% * fishing power / 195 of changing your catch into that fish.

I could make it so that you can set a chance for those food fishes to becomea junk item or something else though, but I wont be able to do it until tmodloader updates for the 1.3.5 versions of Terraria.
How about that idea with junk item?

Could you increase drop rate for bloody machete from one in 2000 for those playing throwing with fargos that would be a huge help
I updated and added a configuration for it. It's a Halloween item though, so if you want to get it now, you need to temporarily adjust your PC's date.
Parameter after item id is quantity. So the soultion would be:
Code:
Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, ItemID.JungleKey, 1, false, -1);
This will call standard Terraria function to assign a prefix, so I don't think it will do something weird with items which cannot get a prefix.
I updated and fixed my items. Now they have a chance of having a modifier just like in Vanilla Terraria.
Can you increase the chance for traveling merchant to visit? Maybe based on the amount of NPC you have in your village.
I couldn't figure out how to make him spawn more often, but I did something different. There's now a new configuration that lets you set a chance of his inventory to reset when you kill an enemy. This chance gets multiplied by the amount of Town NPCs you have. So if you set it to 0.1% per enemy and you have 10 Town NPCs, then it'll take about 100 kills to reset his inventory.

Last edited:
Can you increase the chance for traveling merchant to visit? Maybe based on the amount of NPC you have in your village.
I updated and decided to change the way the configuration for restocking the traveling merchant works. Now the amount you set for the configuration is divided by 22 minus the amount of permanent town NPCs you have (excluding the Guide and Santa Claus, the max as of this date is 21). This way, the rate you set is the rate it'll be when you've gotten all vanilla NPCs.

When you decide the rate that it restocks, keep in mind that you can take advantage of Battle and War potions.

can you add a way to change the chance of rally, mandible blade and magma stone?
The configuration file already has configuration for Mandible Blade and Magma Stone. You can find them by searcing: "HellBatLootMagmaStoneIncrease", "LavaBatLootMagmaStoneIncrease" (which is directly under the previous configuration), and "LootMandibleBladeIncrease". I'll add a configuration for Rally though.

oh ok thank you man!. by the way if the number is 0.01 does that mean the drop rate is increased by 1% ? just to be sure the math so I can change a few items

Possibly add a config option for reindeer bells and other event miniboss items? I didn't check every single item but I didn't find any for the ice queen and a few other various bosses in the pumpkin / frost moon.

Last edited:
can you put the pocket mirror item dropped by medusa there? i needed for crafting in fargos and its so hard to get. also demon scythe and mothron wings. i can never get these

Possibly add a config option for reindeer bells and other event miniboss items? I didn't check every single item but I didn't find any for the ice queen and a few other various bosses in the pumpkin / frost moon.
I updated and added configurations for reindeer bells. I then went through some event bosses and searched for rare drops. I added configurations for: Festive Wings, Baby Grinch's Mischief Whistle, and Mothron Wings.
can you put the pocket mirror item dropped by medusa there? i needed for crafting in fargos and its so hard to get. also demon scythe and mothron wings. i can never get these
The Demon Scythe configuration is already in there, but I added configurations for Rally, Pocket Mirror, and Mothron Wings.

I updated and added configurations for reindeer bells. I then went through some event bosses and searched for rare drops. I added configurations for: Festive Wings, Baby Grinch's Mischief Whistle, and Mothron Wings.

The Demon Scythe configuration is already in there, but I added configurations for Rally, Pocket Mirror, and Mothron Wings.
man thank you so much. you save me so much time with this mod ur a legend

why cant I find some items like the rally or demon scythe in the reduced grinding file? maybe it didnt get updated or something.

why cant I find some items like the rally or demon scythe in the reduced grinding file? maybe it didnt get updated or something.
Did you try searching (ctrl+f). I tried deleting the Demon Scythe and Rally from my configuration file, then reloaded, and the 2 lines were added back in. Try reloading your mods too if you haven't.

I'm having a problem where the configuration is constantly being reset to a previous state. It worked flawlessly for a while, but about an hour ago I decided to try and modify the drop rate of the ice sickle to prevent painful farming and it kept being reset. Everything else that I had previously changed stayed the same but whenever I changed anything after that point that it stopped working it's constantly being reset.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem where the configuration is constantly being reset to a previous state. It worked flawlessly for a while, but about an hour ago I decided to try and modify the drop rate of the ice sickle to prevent painful farming and it kept being reset. Everything else that I had previously changed stayed the same but whenever I changed anything after that point that it stopped working it's constantly being reset.
I looked at the configuration coding a discovered an error, where Ice Sickle was getting mixed up with Kraken. I updated an fixed it.

Everyone, I changed some lines, so you need to change them in order for the changed lines to work. Use ctrl+f to find them:
"ChancePerTownNPCThatEnemyKillWillResetTravelingMerchant" was changed to "ChanceThatEnemyKillWillResetTravelingMerchant"
"TravelingMerchantMetalDetectorIncrease" was changed to "TravelingMerchantMetalDetector".

Back
Top Bottom