for tModLoader 0.11.5
ABOUT THIS MOD
This mod isn't supposed to make the game too easy, but makes it so you don't have to spend huge amounts of time farming for loot, for example: AFK farms to get rare item like Biome Keys.
Everything is configurable, so you can adjust to your liking. After selecting the mod, reload mods to generate the configuration file. The file is located at Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs and can be edited with programs like notepad or notepad++. If my mod updates with a new configuration file (with a new name, using an online text comparison tool could help if you want to keep the old configurations).
HOW IT WORKS
- New Items (Talk to the guide npc for crafting recipes, (recipes are configurable), or use a recipe mod like Recipe Browser)).
- New New War Potion which greatly increase monster spawn rates and Chaos Potion, which is the same but stronger. If you can handle the flood of monsters coming at you, then you'll be able to get rare items from them faster. Example of using both potions (enemy's from other mods appear in this picture):
- New Chlorophyte Accelerator, which allows you to turn Mud in to Chlorophyte Ore after defeating the Golem (earlier or never depending on your configurations). The recipe for Chlorophyte ore when using it is 60 Mud and 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell by default.
- New Expert Change Potion (bought from the Merchant in single player only) which allows you to change your worlds difficulty (not available in Multiplayer in order to prevent abuse. If you want to change a multiplayer world, change it in single then load it in multiplayer).
- New Rain Potion which allows you to toggle the Rain event.
- New Slime RainPotion which allows you to toggle the Slime Rain event.
- New Sandstorm Potion which allows you to toggle the Sandstorm event.
- New Angler Potion which causes the Angler to give you a new quest right away.
- Goblin Retreat Order, Pirate Retreat Order, and Atmospheric Barrier and which stops the Lunar invasion.
- Celestial Beacon, which causes the Moonlord summon to be instant.
- Christmas Spirit and Halloween Spirit which causes those holidays for a day.
- Blood Moon Medalion, which summons the Blood Moon, drops from Dripplers and Blood Zombies.
- Martian Call, which summons the Martion Invasion. Drops from Martian Saucers.
- Lunar Call, which kills the Lunatic Cultist instantly and summon the Celestial Invasion (you wont get loot from the Lunatic Cultist).
- Plantera Bulb, which summons Plantera. Sold by the Dryad after Plantera is defeated.
- Moon Ball, which advances the Moon Phase.
- Marble Sundial to advance to day instantly and Granite Moondial to advance to night instantly. The Enchanted Sundial and Tax Collector wont benefit from this.
- New Stationary Merchant. He's a permanent Town NPC and has a chance to gain items that the Traveling Merchant has when the Traveling Merchant shop resets (chance starts low when the game starts and rises to 100% at Hardmode), but only if you have a Traveling Merchant Restock Order in your inventory; the Stationary Merchant sells this cheap.
- The Traveling Merchant has a chance to reset his shop each minute. His chance of spawning and resetting his shop depends on how many stationary Reduced Grinding and vanilla NPCs you have. In the start of the game the Traveling Merchant works normally, but in the end of the game he will appear more often and spam a shop reset unless the Stationary Merchant has all Traveling Merchant items that meet the required conditions to appear in the Traveling Merchant shop.
- New Bone Merchant. The Skeleton Merchant now sells a Skull Call which will summon him. Afterward, he will live in any occupied building and sell everything that the Skeleton Merchant sells.
- New Santa Claus. He arrives after the Frost Legion is defeated and will stay after the Christmas event.
- New Fish Upgrade Potion. When using this potion and a vanilla rod: fish with a rarity of zero, have a chance of being turned into something better. When this happens, the mod re-calculates the caught fish (use the same method as vanilla). The chance to re-roll depends on your Fishing Power. If you successfully get this chance, it'll re-calculate once for every 5 fishing quest you've completed but will stop once the fish has a rarity greater than 0.
- Caught Crates will upgrade based on your Fishing Power. It follows upgrading in this order: Wood to Iron, Iron to Gold/Biome.
- Biome Lock Boxes which contain items from chests you find in the world and possibly the furniture that generates near them.
- Increased drop rates for 165+ different loot items.
- Increased Biome Key drop rate depending on amount of Mechanical Bosses defeated.
- Added New Recipes.
- Increased rates of some Grab Bag, Traveling Merchant, Quest, and Extractinator items (some rates aren't vanilla).
- You can set an amount of times that this mod will try to drop enemy dropped loot that's affect by this mod
- Crimson/Corruption versions of Seeds/Solutions are available in both worlds.
- Chest Salesman: Sells chest (my mod makes mobs drop these occasionally anyway, which I think is a more fair way of obtaining them).
- Gold Reflection Mirror: Sold by the Merchant and used to craft Golden Critters.
- If Merchant is set to sell Pyramid items may not sell Sandstorm in a Bottle, depending on other configurations. The selling of Pyramid items by the merchant is disabled, because Underground Dessert enemies occasionally drop lock boxes for them.
- Loot Merchant: Sells what's needed to summon the next vanilla boss you need to face and vanilla bosses you've defeated.
COPY OF CONFIG FILE WITH EVERYTHING SHUT OFF
Here's a the copy of the configuration file, only with everything shut off, for those who want to only turn on a few things (I'll try to remember to keep this updated, but if it's out of date, please let me know): Link
In this link: Select-All then copy. Then in the configuration file Select-All then paste.
Currently updated to v4.68
DOWNLOAD AND GITHUB LINKS
Download to all releases: dragon3025/Reduced-Grinding
tModLoader: Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API
Github Page: dragon3025/Reduced-Grinding
Versions Translated with tModLoader - ModLocalizer - A tool to create localization for tModLoader mods
4.68 Chinese Localized (thanks to ZY10086): dragon3025/Reduced-Grinding
My mod is open-source and can be downloaded with tModReader and GitHub. Any forks on Github to improve on my project is appreciated.
Feel free to request something for this mod (as long as it sticks to the theme "Reduced Grinding").
- adaxe for reporting a bug now fixed in 3.5 and 3.6.
- Cheezegami for Fenzy Potion sprite, help with getting drinking sound for Frenzy Potion, and reporting bug now fixed in 3.10.
- CrimsHallowHero for Rain Potion coding.
- DarkLight for the name "War Potion".
- direwolf320 for help on Discord.
- direwolf420 for help on Discord.
- Feaw for Chest Salesman names and qoutes.
- Flashkirby99 for Fish Catching Quality Calculator code: tModLoader - [Snippet] Fishing catch quality calculator
- GabeHasWon for help on Discord.
- Gaz777 for reporting bugs now fixed in 3.4.
- Itorius for help on Discord.
- JopoJelly for help on Discord.
- Jopojelly and Kazzymodus for coding posted here: tModLoader - Any monster spawn rate and spawn cap mod?.
- Josh for help on Discord.
- Lavendar Josh for the Chest Seller Sprite
- Luiafk for help on Discord.
- Matakor for reporting bug now fixed in 3.19
- MEOWmagic123 for help on Discord.
- newts for reporting bug now fixed in 3.11
- sea_4 for reporting bug now fixed in 4:26
- sm644me for idea of a secondary Battle Potion item instead of increasing effects of Battle Potion.
- ILSpyMaster program
- ZY10086 for translated v4.68 to Chinese
I can test if a mod is installed and make changes to mine, but for other mods that aren't open source, you'll need to provide me with the mod's object ids and a link to the mod author's permission to use them first.
- Luiafk: I altered my shops to not sell what Luiafk already sells (For Example: Crimson Seeds in a Corrupt world). Only vanilla fishing rods try to upgrade fish when this is installed (because having multiple lines is pretty good and having them upgrade fish would be too good).