tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Of course, but this mod also does several other things sushi's mod does, doesn't mean he can't add them. And my recipes are just proposals, dragon is free to make his own recipes.
but even you most know that the proposal of the waterwalking boots is absurdly and unnecesary.

Wait, int money? Does that imply he spawns like the normal Merchant does, when carrying a certain amount of money?

Also, Chest Seller as an NPC name seems kind of clunky. You could change it to Collector or Hoarder, if you don't mind it being less straightforward (I get it was added for only gameplay reasons and isn't professional, though).

And another suggestion; craftable Water Walking Boots and Lava Charms?
Water Walking boots with something like 30-50 fins (so you do have to grind a fair bit for it but not tediously so), Hermes Boots/equivalents and 10 Water Walking Potions?

Lava Charm with 20 Fire Blossom, 5 Hellstone Bars, 10 Obsidian Skin Potions, an Obsidian Rose, and a Band of Regeneration (turning a bracelet into a necklace somehow lol).

I added the names and qoutes you made. I also added these items, but for water walking boots I made it a crate drop instead.

Probably found a bug: KO-Cannon drops before hardmode.

That's not good, I'm going to work on a fix for this right now.

I updated my mod with these changes:
  • Chest Seller renamed to Chest Salesman (configuration file updated for this change).
  • Added a bunch of Chest Salesman names and replaced his quotes with new ones.
  • Added Water Walking Boots to crate drops.
  • Added lava charm recipe.

EDIT: I updated and fixed it so KO Cannon wont drop in pre-hardmode.

I added the names and qoutes you made. I also added these items, but for water walking boots I made it a crate drop instead.

That's not good, I'm going to work on a fix for this right now.

I updated my mod with these changes:
  • Chest Seller renamed to Chest Salesman (configuration file updated for this change).
  • Added a bunch of Chest Salesman names and replaced his quotes with new ones.
  • Added Water Walking Boots to crate drops.
  • Added lava charm recipe.

EDIT: I updated and fixed it so KO Cannon wont drop in pre-hardmode.
Excuse dragon but if your going to put some items on the vainilla crates, it wont make some conflict with other mods that focus on fishing (fishing 2.0) if the modder made certain items to get trough vainilla crates as well?

Excuse dragon but if your going to put some items on the vainilla crates, it wont make some conflict with other mods that focus on fishing (fishing 2.0) if the modder made certain items to get trough vainilla crates as well?
I don't believe it would conflict with other mods, because the mod spawns items in addition to what the crate already drops. I think if 2 mods mess with crates, it'll spawn the vanilla crate items, run one of the mods coding for additional drops, then run the other mods coding for additional drops.

Hm, I played for a while now, and the salesman never spawned. When I spawn him manually with cheatsheet, he doesn't have a name (just Chest Salesman), he has no mini-map sprite, and I can't assign a house to him. This all does work when manually spawning vanilla or other mod Town NPCs.
He does sell things and his quotes work, and he doesn't despawn after leaving the world, though.
Also the "shop" button says "Shop." instead of just "Shop", and his party quote doesn't appear.
So you might want to look at the coding since it doesn't seem to work.

How about that idea with junk item?

Sorry for the wait, first I had problems updating my mod because I coudln't update my tmodloader, and then when I was finally able to, they came out with another version, I had to work some more on my mod. Here's the file, I'll keep it in my drop box for while: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmj00t8x0mcp9px/Cookable Fish to Junk.tmod?dl=0.

Hm, I played for a while now, and the salesman never spawned. When I spawn him manually with cheatsheet, he doesn't have a name (just Chest Salesman), he has no mini-map sprite, and I can't assign a house to him. This all does work when manually spawning vanilla or other mod Town NPCs.
He does sell things and his quotes work, and he doesn't despawn after leaving the world, though.
Also the "shop" button says "Shop." instead of just "Shop", and his party quote doesn't appear.
So you might want to look at the coding since it doesn't seem to work.
Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I couldn't figure out how to get the party quote to work and I tried to ask for help on discord, but I couldn't get any help, so it's something I'm still working on. The rest of his coding sounds very bugged though, it must have to do with updating to the new tModLoader because he was working fine before. I'm going to work on fixing him.

Also I forgot to mention, but the Traveling Merchant was selling the Pulse Bow, even though I haven't beaten Plantera yet.

Also I forgot to mention, but the Traveling Merchant was selling the Pulse Bow, even though I haven't beaten Plantera yet.
I fixed the problems with the Chest Seller, apparently the configuration was wrong in the configuration file and it wasn't matching the Chest Seller's file. I also fixed the Pulse Bow before Plantera bug. I tried again to get help for party quotes, but I still haven't gotten it yet.

==================================================================================
Update everyone:
  • Bug fix, Chest Salesman wasn't spawning.
  • Configuration change: ChestSalemanSpawnable changed to ChestSalesmanSpawnable
  • Changed Chest Salesman's "Shop." option to "Shop"
  • Fixed bug where Pulse Bow was obtainable before beating Plantera.
  • Gyspy Robe and Magic Hat default Traveling Merchant rate increased to 25%.

Great, he spawned and his party quote works. There's one issue though; his name is always Chad :p.

Apparently your mod causes xmas/halloween slimes to spawn, and hopping jacks and ravens. These mobs drop presents/goodie bags, but it doesn't affect any other mobs, they won't drop the items, nor do demon eyes or zombies seem to wear costumes. When disabling your mod this doesn't happen, and I don't have any seasons active.

Apparently your mod causes xmas/halloween slimes to spawn, and hopping jacks and ravens. These mobs drop presents/goodie bags, but it doesn't affect any other mobs, they won't drop the items, nor do demon eyes or zombies seem to wear costumes. When disabling your mod this doesn't happen, and I don't have any seasons active.
This isn't happening to me when I use only my mod. Anyone else having this problem, when only my mod is activated?

I've seen all the mobs in the Hallow biome when increasing spawnrates (with or without war potions), and right at the spawn point (forest biome) I saw some ribboned slimes without increased spawnrates.
Undergound nothing seems to change.
It only happens when having your mod enabled, though, so I doubt something else is causing it.

Fargos allows all the halloween and christmas dudes to spawn (and only those mobs will drop goodie bags/presents).

Oh I'm using that one too... for some odd reason they didn't spawn when I turned this mod off but still had Fargo's mod on. Is there a way to turn those mobs off?

f7a396e4b1334966bbf93e4d6f9939b8.png

For some reason he decided to sell the Gatligator twice at the same time lol.
This happened after defeating copious amounts of slimes to restock his items a bunch of times.

Back
Top Bottom