tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

thanks for the help! now the only issue is the Toxin Extract which still doesnt have a page, as well as the location of a couple of these enemies.
Is there a certain biome you need to be in for the alien to spawn during the solar eclipse? I am post plantera and have done 5 solar eclipses but no aliens have spawned, not even in the spirit biome.

Is there a certain biome you need to be in for the alien to spawn during the solar eclipse? I am post plantera and have done 5 solar eclipses but no aliens have spawned, not even in the spirit biome.
Unless something's changed since the last time I did a Spirit playthrough, I'm pretty sure they'll spawn anywhere on the surface. I've been able to get them to spawn near my base fairly consistently. That said, they do seem to be a little bit rarer than vanilla solar eclipse spawns. Most likely, it's just Random Number Jesus being against you.

Fantastic mod, but one suggestion: the events should be setup so they're added to the Boss Checklist mod. It took me far too long to realize they even existed since the bosses are already on there.

Also: is there any information about how to actually complete The Tide? It keeps waning at ~70% (singleplayer, normal, pre-hardmode) and I'm not entirely sure why, nor does any search supply me with that info. My original assumption was that I just wasn't killing everything fast enough, but now I'm geared to a point where the event is trivial so I'm left in the dark.

Last edited:
I don't know where to start. I just love this mod on how creative it is.
- The sprite work is outstanding.
- The soundtrack is to die for, I just could not refrain myself from listening to it over and over.
I love this mod so much. :p

Great mod so far, but I'm experiencing a bug with the boss "Atlas". Whenever I spawn him, he has no health bar and I am not able to damage him.
I use Thorium and Calamity aswell as Spirit mod (and some minor mods such as boss list and boss health bar).

I tried waiting for a minute or two but to no avail. On YouTube, when I see people fight him, he gets a health bar as soon as he lands.
n2aWAEt5TT_VevACXn4MWA.png

Great mod so far, but I'm experiencing a bug with the boss "Atlas". Whenever I spawn him, he has no health bar and I am not able to damage him.
I use Thorium and Calamity aswell as Spirit mod (and some minor mods such as boss list and boss health bar).

I tried waiting for a minute or two but to no avail. On YouTube, when I see people fight him, he gets a health bar as soon as he lands.
n2aWAEt5TT_VevACXn4MWA.png
Its likley one of your small mods may interfere with the healthbar

The boss health bar doesn't display if the boss can't be hurt. It seems like a glitch happened in this case with the boss not spawning correctly. Did it get stuck in the tiles shown in the screenshot?

Even if the healthbar doesn't show, I should still be able to damage him, no?

The boss health bar doesn't display if the boss can't be hurt. It seems like a glitch happened in this case with the boss not spawning correctly. Did it get stuck in the tiles shown in the screenshot?

He does not get stuck. I tried spawning him on ground aswell (snow biome). He follows me around and damages me. I tried shooting at him with homing bullets and rockets, but they go right through him (they don't detect a "target").

I also noticed on YouTube that people who spawn him gets a "shaky" screen as he lands, which I do not.

I will try disable some minor mods when I get home and see if that helps. I don't expect to be able to disable Thorium and Calamity though without it removing the items I aquired from said mods.

Even if the healthbar doesn't show, I should still be able to damage him, no?

He does not get stuck. I tried spawning him on ground aswell (snow biome). He follows me around and damages me. I tried shooting at him with homing bullets and rockets, but they go right through him (they don't detect a "target").

I also noticed on YouTube that people who spawn him gets a "shaky" screen as he lands, which I do not.

I will try disable some minor mods when I get home and see if that helps. I don't expect to be able to disable Thorium and Calamity though without it removing the items I aquired from said mods.
If the boss health bar doesn't show, usually they can't be damaged. Likely there is some glitch causing him to be unhurtable. If you disable any mod with new items, the items still remain in an unusable state. If you then re-enable the mods the items should return to what they were before. Any new tiles added will become pink blacks. As long as you don't break them they should restore to what they were.

If the boss health bar doesn't show, usually they can't be damaged. Likely there is some glitch causing him to be unhurtable. If you disable any mod with new items, the items still remain in an unusable state. If you then re-enable the mods the items should return to what they were before. Any new tiles added will become pink blacks. As long as you don't break them they should restore to what they were.

Disabling all mods except Spirit made no difference, unfortunately. Running version 1.3.3.1. Guess I'm just gonna have to skip him for now until a fix, unless I'm the only one experiencing this.

edit: ugh, lost all my map progress for some reason. Gotta explore everything again now. :(

Disabling all mods except Spirit made no difference, unfortunately. Running version 1.3.3.1. Guess I'm just gonna have to skip him for now until a fix, unless I'm the only one experiencing this.

edit: ugh, lost all my map progress for some reason. Gotta explore everything again now. :(
I forgot to warn about that. I don't know exactly what causes it, but I think disabling mods that have custom tiles in the world will wipe your map. It's quite annoying. This seems to be a tModLoader specific bug.

I forgot to warn about that. I don't know exactly what causes it, but I think disabling mods that have custom tiles in the world will wipe your map. It's quite annoying. This seems to be a tModLoader specific bug.

No worries, took only an hour or two to get most of it back. :)

No worries, took only an hour or two to get most of it back. :)
It probably helps that you'll likely have previously explored areas lit up with torches.

Oh, have you tried asking about that boss bug on the Spirit Discord server? If you're not on Discord I can do it myself. The devs should be far more likely to see it. At least mod conflicts have been ruled out so narrowing things down should be much easier. Personally I haven't encountered the bug myself in numerous playthroughs with this mod.

I'm interested in getting into playing modded terraria, but I'm wondering how should I use these big content mods:
Tremor, Antiaris, Calamity, Spirit Mod, Thorium, Terraria Overhaul.

Should I use these mods together for most content at once or are they best played seperately?
I'd appreciate what the modder recommends to do.
(I'm not familiar with the modding community or the mods enough to know what to do here, please advise.)

It probably helps that you'll likely have previously explored areas lit up with torches.

Oh, have you tried asking about that boss bug on the Spirit Discord server? If you're not on Discord I can do it myself. The devs should be far more likely to see it. At least mod conflicts have been ruled out so narrowing things down should be much easier. Personally I haven't encountered the bug myself in numerous playthroughs with this mod.

I am not on their Discord, feel free to do it, thank you. :)
Just downed Moon Lord, so loot from Atlas probably isn't relevant. Still though, that checkmark will forever be missing.

I'm interested in getting into playing modded terraria, but I'm wondering how should I use these big content mods:

Should I use these mods together for most content at once or are they best played seperately?
(I'm not familiar with the modding community or the mods enough to know what to do here, please advise.)

I use Thorium, Spirit and Calamity and I'm having a great time. About 120 hours in on my large expert world and I just finished Moon Lord, which leaves another 10-15 bosses until I'm done. Calamity however is, from what I know, a much more difficult mod (whereas Thorium and Spirit are much more vanilla-friendly), nontheless I think it's worth using to get the whole experience.

I read Tremor was unstable and buggy, so I skipped that, but haven't tried it. Haven't tried Antiaris or Terraria Overhaul either.

Aside from 'big mods', to make your life easier (without 'cheating') while playing, you should get:
- Boss Checklist (shows in what order you should kill bosses - it's always nice to know what to aim for next - is compatible with Thorium/Spirit/Calamity)
- Recipe Browser (lets you check items, what they can be made into, recipes for items, boss loot etc. in-game, so you don't have to alt-tab into wiki every 5 minutes)
- Magic Storage (one giant chest for all items with filters and search bar, so you don't need to have 50 chests lying around with various items - I currently have +1500 items in mine) - mind you, you do need to craft parts to make it and to expand it's size (items it can hold), so it's not completely "free" storage.
- Yet another boss health bar, name is pretty self-explanatory
- Alchemist NPC (adds NPCs that sell potions, buff potions are a must against bosses mid to late game) - unless you wanna do tedious fish-farming for hours upon hours upon hours, I'd recommend this mod so you can simply buy them.

Personally, since those mods are MASSIVE ((look at their gamepedia sites!(yes, they even have gamepedia sites!) I personally play 5 playthroughs through each one (Warrior, Ranger, Magician, Summoner, Thrower) using as little vanilla equipment as possible, trying to soak up as much playtime as I can from each mod. Still yet to get done with it all :D

Back
Top Bottom