Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread really needs to be renamed to something like; "Journeys End Vanity contest information thread (DO NOT SUBMIT HERE)" or something, and it needs to be much clearer in the first post where you should submit, right at the top in large bold letters instead of hidden halfway through in a dark red.

Then again that still wouldn't stop people from posting submissions here :dryadcry:

I just know someone is going to submit in this thread about 2 minutes before the deadline and miss their chance.

This thread really needs to be renamed to something like; "Journeys End Vanity contest information thread (DO NOT SUBMIT HERE)" or something, and it needs to be much clearer in the first post where you should submit, right at the top in large bold letters instead of hidden halfway through in a dark red.

Then again that still wouldn't stop people from posting submissions here :dryadcry:

I just know someone is going to submit in this thread about 2 minutes before the deadline and miss their chance.
If people aren't capable of reading the main thread, then it's their fault if their submission isn't considered. It's not a lot of text to read.

i have 3 questons
1 is use of character creation softaware alowed for the costume contest or will i have to draw it
2 when i make mly sisters acount do i put the terraria versons she owns or the one's she playes (she dos not own any but i let her use my coppy of xbox one)
3 how do i update the terrarias i own i boght pc yesterday
(the up date was me changeing the order of questons)
up date i found out how to change the terrarias you own

Last edited:
Hello Hello!
as my boyfriend informed me about this contest I started drawing restlessly! I was also inspired by him, but then I thought 'What about a wizard?'. Alone this wasn't enough for me yet. 'Give him goat legs' I said and so it was. Now it's a wizard satyr - only satyr's have goat horns. But I don't like goat horns, so I thought that something about him should be cute, so ram horns - 'Ram horns, really?' you might ask to which I reply 'RAM HORNS'. Okay sorry sorry, thought that might be a fun way to explain the combination of the elements. If you're looking closely you can see that the symbols are gallifreyan, but they don't have to be, they were just the closest to what I wanted. His story in short (I had over 12 hours to think about this) is just that he has some power over time, reverse a little, but of course this is meant to be a vanity without that power. He's kinda like Loki personality wise, bit sly, kinda an :red: but in some way nice?
The pixel art as you can see is not as great. Well it was my first time - oh no I didn't mean... Anyways it's just to give some inspiriation, I'm sure you would master it much better than me.

Sorry for possible mistakes, english is only close to being my first language
View attachment 252255

Every forty or so entries, I feel me winning this contest, slipping through my fingers by the day. 😓🍏
However, if that means we get awesome vanity sets like this because of it, how can I possibly be upset!? 🥰🍏

I can practically feel Terraria's DNA in this vanity set, I want this to be a winner so badly, very cool! <3<3<3

I knew exactly what I wanted to do when this contest was announced and I'm finally finished!

So here it is!
Pardon the terrible pun
View attachment 252325

I wanted to make something that would go with skyware and skyplate-y things, for those who want to build their homes among the clouds or want a little something as a reward for exploring the sky in addition to the existing loot.

I'm not entirely sure how submissions are going to be implemented in the game (whether or not they'd be crafted, found, or behave like dev kits) so I decided to just go with my gut and do something that I could see fleshing out a part of the game that deserved some love.

This was a blast to design and I'm so very happy I get to be a part of this!

Here's to 1.4! 🍻
Beautiful. My art looks like trash compared to this. Love your work

[QUOTE = "Xnightslayer99, должность: 1923851, участник: 173450"]
вот что я сделал, это называется Косматический бог халат
index.php
View attachment 252330
[/ QUOTE]
Кек

There should be something inspired by Mistborn.
There should be mistcloaks! (not an outright copy, per the rules). Terraria has tons of references to different fandoms, and I bet a ton of people would love this one!

I'm not all that experienced with pixel art, but here's the official artwork (I think that's not breaking the rules, if it is, please message me and I'll fix my post)
It was made by Sam Weber for the ebook cover:
View attachment 251586

The cloak would have to billow as the player moves and respond a lot to the direction that they're traveling.

Maybe it could be called the "Shadow cloak" or something like that.
The tooltip could say something like: "You suddenly feel like soaring through the night air."
If you're the person who made this then should be ok but if your not... Then U need to give full credit to the creator. Thats what I done with mine

There should be something inspired by Mistborn.
There should be mistcloaks! (not an outright copy, per the rules). Terraria has tons of references to different fandoms, and I bet a ton of people would love this one!

I'm not all that experienced with pixel art, but here's the official artwork (I think that's not breaking the rules, if it is, please message me and I'll fix my post)
It was made by Sam Weber for the ebook cover:
View attachment 251586

The cloak would have to billow as the player moves and respond a lot to the direction that they're traveling.

Maybe it could be called the "Shadow cloak" or something like that.
The tooltip could say something like: "You suddenly feel like soaring through the night air."
Nvm U did.... I didn't read who it was made by XD

Here is my design for the Vanity Contest :D

If you prefer the second design, then you need to edit your entry to just have the second design. They've explicitly stated one design per person, and that they're only taking everybody's first design. The second color scheme is sufficiently different that they would consider it a separate entry for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom