Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s never an easy experience the first time around, it’s rough when you put a part of yourself out there with something you design and it doesn’t get accepted. It’s also a difficult task for the developers to narrow down the field out of 7,000+ entries, as much as I’m sure they’d want to, they wouldn’t be able to take all of them, a lot of folks wouldn’t be able to make it.

For myself, whenever I enter a competition I try not to think of it as a winning and losing situation, but rather an experience that will make me better as an artist. Every idea you try, every design you attempt, every contest you enter helps expand your abilities as a creator, and if you happen to win then hey, that’s awesome!, but if you don’t win, then the experiences you’ll gain build you up higher and the next time you try you’ll have that much better of a chance. The more you try, the more you create, the more skill you will refine and eventually you will get there :)

Right now it’s rough, the hurt is there, but try to keep it from discouraging you from trying again the next time. IMHO art isn’t about ‘winning’ or ‘losing’ but ‘making’ and the more you make the better you’ll get at it.
You made me cry.;( Thank you for the advice. I'll definitly listen to that. I now feel way lighter and very thankful to you. I will keep on doing art.:D

Reading through these makes me both accept my loss and make me rethink my decision to not include TV head in my votes. I really want a good suit that is not a tuxedo. Also I voted for Timeless Traveler and Plaguebringer... not really the most diverse choice. :D

Edit: Thank you Dr.Zootsuit! You were really quick on the draw on this one!

i love the edgier ones, always hard to turn away some new dark, eldritch-looking stuff. :dryadtongue:

i honestly don't think i'd be able to decide, though... i'm crippled by indecision!
Edge is delicious, and I wholly approve.
That reminds me - if I win, the first person who uses the pinstripe pants to make an Alistor costume will get the coveted "Hot topic dumpster award" - awarded for excellence in trash and edginess - as well as a demonic sign of power.

It would make alot of sense for the Ronin vanity (if it wins) to be sold by the wandering trader. Since he already sells many exotic/Eurasian items it would fit in nicely.

I think another part of it is, like... there were so many plague doctor outfits. There were enough of them that if I had been judging, I would have ended up automatically throwing them out on concept alone, because it's clear there's nothing innovative about the concept. It's the same as all the hazmat suit submissions.
1. I love your idea. It reminds me of all of the other tv head icons out there like pyrocynical and the old tv head meme.

2. I understand you want to win, but to disrespect the other contenders by saying they're not "innovating" is kinda mean. Not. Cool. Bro.

1. I love your idea. It reminds me of all of the other tv head icons out there like pyrocynical and the old tv head meme.

2. I understand you want to win, but to disrespect the other contenders by saying they're not "innovating" is kinda mean. Not. Cool. Bro.
I'm not talking about ANYBODY in the finals. I'm talking about the 300 identical plague doctor suits submitted in the first part of the contest. I know the global pandemic is pretty heavy in a lot of peoples minds right now, but if so many other people do the same thing, I feel like it's worth evaluating your idea process and trying to find something new to do with the concept.
(also super aware of the massive hypocrisy there, considering there were a huge pile of other tv head submissions, but I picked the tv head because I knew it was a generic concept people would like as an outfit to build on, so I'm definitely not going to pretend I'm creative for coming up with it.)
I am mean though yes and nobody called for it so my bad

When i designed the Starlight dreamers set, my goal was to create something that no current set in the game really fulfills for me, it's cute, and cozy, and soft. i'm proud to have even made it as far as i have, although i do not think my set is the most popular, so i don't really know if i truly have a chance of winning, i'm so thankful regardless..

as of right now, there isn't really any armor or vanity in the game that suits my sort of style and allows me to express my character the way i would like to. i bet there's plenty more people like me who feel similar! i hope they appreciate my efforts.

Modders have my permission to add my set to the game, so i would like to elaborate on some more details I've personally thought up..

I think the set would be crafted at a Loom, using silk, fallen stars, and souls of light. i think that would be fitting! since it has a starry theme with a hallow-like palette.
and I've decided "Starlight dreamer" would work as an ok name. since well, i clearly did not have a proper name for the set when i submitted it haha

That's really all I've got for now, but i'm thinking of drawing some artwork to show my appreciation. my personal life has been very stressful, so i would have done it far sooner, but its always better late than never.

thank you all. see you in the future :') <3

When i designed the Starlight dreamers set, my goal was to create something that no current set in the game really fulfills for me, it's cute, and cozy, and soft. i'm proud to have even made it as far as i have, although i do not think my set is the most popular, so i don't really know if i truly have a chance of winning, i'm so thankful regardless..

as of right now, there isn't really any armor or vanity in the game that suits my sort of style and allows me to express my character the way i would like to. i bet there's plenty more people like me who feel similar! i hope they appreciate my efforts.

Modders have my permission to add my set to the game, so i would like to elaborate on some more details I've personally thought up..

I think the set would be crafted at a Loom, using silk, fallen stars, and souls of light. i think that would be fitting! since it has a starry theme with a hallow-like palette.
and I've decided "Starlight dreamer" would work as an ok name. since well, i clearly did not have a proper name for the set when i submitted it haha

That's really all I've got for now, but i'm thinking of drawing some artwork to show my appreciation. my personal life has been very stressful, so i would have done it far sooner, but its always better late than never.

I love your vanity so much, it has a nice color palette and great details <3 , It suits the floating islands so much, really want to see it in the game:pinky::gslime::bluslime::yslime::pslime::bslime::islime::lslime::cslime:

Hello Golditale !

As I'm trying to find a way to make a mod by myself - to bring some vanities in-game - I can also take care of yours, because it's my #1 vote and I would appreciate to make it real ! (^-^)
But first, I have to make sure I'm on the right way about mine. If it turns out good and solid, I'll be working on yours !

I must agree with what yikescloud said, you set matches peprfectly for skies, and that is why I voted for you. I personaly have experience making assets for armors and vanities, you will not create big problems regadless coding or or massive sprite edits. Other will need time to be sprited, updated, ... a lot of work to be honest
Will need somebody to help with coding since I am very bad at this, terraria in what coding was done confuse me greatyl. I already finished assets for my created set but doesn't draw arms properly which makes it look bad using spears,...
If you want to see one, like there is Meat Shield vanity set from Thorium mod, I updated it's sprite (colours based onn original colour) and made assets from scratch.
That's all what I had to say.

I gonna be sad if neither Starlight Dream nor TV Head will make it into the game, I like the design of both of them.

Hopefully they'll add a 4th winner to the list if both of the plague doctor suits do win. Having 3 different plague doctors ingame feels too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom