Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little sad that I didn't come to the finals but, that's okay.

Hope your new game will be putting more contests.

ALL VOTES MUST BE CAST BY MIDNIGHT EST ON APRIL 24, 2020
But when can we expect the winners to be announced?
As Zootsuit said before I think, you're basically confirmed to be in my guy. Take a look at the sheer numbers of people who want your set to be in game. You deserve to relax a little lmao. If you don't want to get cocky in case you somehow get disappointed (in the 1/1000000000 chance you're not a winner) at least be glad that you got this amount of people to recognize your work as their personal favorite out of the 7k entries and treat yourself to a break.
I'm very hyped and grateful for my work getting publicity and honestly it's more than enough to me, as much as I want this design in the game. As far as winning concerned, I would never want to get cocky, even if I was untitled to a winner's position, which is not the case :)
I am almost certain that you will get in the top three votes.
I honestly don't think it's as clear cut as that. Different sources show different results. If you asked me, I'd guess that the Plaguebringer is the 1st place with quite a gap. The 2nd and 3rd places is a close race between the Floret Protector, Swamp Horror, Timeless Traveler, TV head and Wandering Ronin. The people who can also be close are the Bubblehead, Cosmic horror, Containment suit and Capricorn. But I might as well be talking out of my butt and the results might be totally different. And if we had a couple of uncaught bot attacks these statistics are straight out of the window. But I believe in Re-Logic stomping any major attempt to rig the vote :)

Last edited:
As Zootsuit said before I think, you're basically confirmed to be in my guy. Take a look at the sheer numbers of people who want your set to be in game. You deserve to relax a little lmao. If you don't want to get cocky in case you somehow get disappointed (in the 1/1000000000 chance you're not a winner) at least be glad that you got this amount of people to recognize your work as their personal favorite out of the 7k entries and treat yourself to a break.
I don't know that the amount of people who go out of their way to create an account to comment on the forum is really indicative of anything in regards to the actual vote.

My votes: Golditale, Bedtime Outfit, Containment Suit

I personally think the strongest part of Terraria vanity is its ability to be manipulated to be used in conjunction with other vanity to create something entirely new. With this in mind, I avoided voting for designs that were either too detailed or veered too hard into their theme. I also avoided any vanity sets that particularly leaned to a certain gender.

Golditale is a fun outfit with a clean design that I could see mixed and matched with plenty, same goes for the Containment Suit.

The Bedtime Outfit, however, holds a special place in my heart as the set that feels the most like Terraria. It doesn't lean into anything incredibly fantasy, but is just mundane enough that I could imagine an average Terraria day where someone in their pajamas nabs their Meowmere because the idiot on the server killed the Lunatic Cultist again and started the Lunar Events.

The votes are going to get locked in in a few hours now, aren't they? And then, another waiting game; I'm certainly curious to see what happens-- and what ultimately gets decided upon, whether or not it's what we vouched for, yeah?

At least I can sit back and have my mug of tea knowing everything will be wrapped up soon, if nothing else~ *Laughs*

I'm not talking about ANYBODY in the finals. I'm talking about the 300 identical plague doctor suits submitted in the first part of the contest. I know the global pandemic is pretty heavy in a lot of peoples minds right now, but if so many other people do the same thing, I feel like it's worth evaluating your idea process and trying to find something new to do with the concept.
(also super aware of the massive hypocrisy there, considering there were a huge pile of other tv head submissions, but I picked the tv head because I knew it was a generic concept people would like as an outfit to build on, so I'm definitely not going to pretend I'm creative for coming up with it.)
I am mean though yes and nobody called for it so my bad
thanks for clearing that up. mad respect for you bro. best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom