What misconceptions did you have when you started playing?

I was terrified of the corruption the first time I played back as a 4 year old. I didn't touch the game for a few years lmao. The first time I actually did a terraria play through, I thought the wall of flesh's wall sprite was part of the hitbox

Wait, if you first started playing at 4 years old, and your profile says you're 20. Then that means you must've started in 2004, but I'm pretty sure the original release of the game was 2011 or somewhere around there, and that just don't add up.

I actually have a few more misconceptions I had.
There was a special form of the Eye of Cthulhu if you spawned it on a blood moon.
Lightning boots created lightning as you ran.
Harpoon was one of the best pre-hardmode weapons.
Ancient shadow armor was called agent shadow armor.
Boulders would one hit kill you no matter what armor you wore.
Underground hallow was the hardest biome in the game.

I first played Terraria in 2013 and had no prior knowledge about the game. When I made my first world this weird cliff generated very close to my spawn.

Capture 2020-11-19 16_55_51.png

It was so large I couldn't see the top (I played on a lower resolution back then), and for some reason, I thought this was the edge of the world lol.

It made me believe you spawned near one end of the world and you could only explore in one direction, until you reach the other end. It wasn't until I was exploring some caves underground and came out on the other side of this cliff that I realized there's a whole another half of the world to explore.

Last edited:
For my first few years of playing I did not realise that the old man respawns after Skeletron kills you. I use to panic and wait and well over prepare for the fight as I thought I had only one attempt.
I also thought that if you (how only god knows) killed the dungeon guardian you would be able to enter the dungeon.
let’s just say I died a lot attempting to kill the dungeon guardian (pre-Hardmode, no glitches/exploits) as I did not want to wast my attempt at Skeletron.

A second thing was I did not know bosses had enraged states. After a few play throughs someone till me that you could summon the duke. After many many failed attempts of dodging his enraged dash I did eventually kill him using vampire knifes and hoverboard.

I have learnt my lesson and now I read the wiki if I don’t know something instead of asking friends (who did not know much about the game)

Last edited:
I thought the giant worm is a crimson worm, but it's a corruption world... I thought my world is glitched and haven't played for 1 week.

I once thought that the cultists (not the lunatic cultist) were four bosses that you had to defeat all together.

I thought that the Eye of Cthulhu and the Twins were flying eyes that were not eyeballs but more like the part of the eye that you see but flying in the sky.

I also thought that you had to defeat Ocram to fight Plantera because it was the final mechanical boss.

I used to think that terraria was this game that only I knew about.I thought it was only on the xbox 360 and not a single other platform.That was until this year,when I realized that there were so many other platforms and people who played it.

I thought that in Ice Biome i could really die from cold.
I thought that if i stayed to much time in the Dungeon my character would turn into a skeleton.
(Gosh i was really scared of the dungeon...)

Back
Top Bottom