IC Random Journey in The Universe (IC)

(So that shooting one would hit the other?)
(Yep)
(Also only now noticed that I didn't quite finish something, but it's only a minor detail that doesn't impact much. Just apparently forgot to say the arrow was compressed with the rest of the air in the sphere.)

Anyway, assuming that's done without much issue, the air caster fires off a single v-shaped arrow of air at the platforms. Maybe it's big enough to slice one section off from the other, but the caster was more focused on trying to ensure the arrow would pierce multiple stations. To make sure they actually take out at least the first platform, they also try to aim for whatever looks like the main, most important segment on the platform.

Kalvess would just stare back.
The lion guy's kinda just watching this with a bit of a snicker.

"But if you do that then I'd have to fight you, which would start by making your ship a gradient of velocities all with equal magnitude and different direction. Followed by teleporting anything that survives into multiple pieces."

The air would do a fair bit of damage, but... it wouldn't even take out one.
And while the main weapons aren't firing, missiles and autocannons still are.

"...So, what's your story then?"

The air would do a fair bit of damage, but... it wouldn't even take out one.
And while the main weapons aren't firing, missiles and autocannons still are.
(D20: 2 + 4/5 for more full shield = 6/7)
Kel does try to avoid the fire, still trying to not let the main weapons get a bead on him while waiting for the air caster to prepare another arrow. However, he doesn't do a particularly great job, resulting in the shield getting hit quite a few times. A few missiles also make it through to hit Kel, which of course is going to be pretty painful for him to take.

So, the shield caster starts walking around a bit while they build up the shield again, getting annoyed at the missiles and keeping an eye out for any more that make it through the shield, intending to try and blow them up early with fireballs.

After another good 50 seconds, the air caster tries to do some more damage to the stations with a pair of air arrows.

"...So, what's your story then?"
Shrub: "...me? Or Leo, the lion guy?"

<...>
<Really just sounds like Coron just happened to know them but hadn't met up with them in a while.>
<...but...something doesn't add up...>

Vinessa decides to just leave the subject for now and goes back to facing forward.

At some point, the group would encounter a crater.

(@Dragonwolf73: Sooo. Apologies if I'm being pestering, but any updates on the space battle? And perhaps a time skip is in order for when the squadron finds whatever's firing the shells?)
(Also, might or might not need a description of that crater you mentioned where a city used to be.)
Coron glances at Myrica, then just continues walking.

"...awfully large crater we have here."
Dark decides to lead the group around the crater for now, looking for any potential structures of note.

<...>
<So either a massive explosion happened here, or a meteor that big slammed into here.>
<Where's the meteor then though?>

With the group now headed east, a desert comes into view in the distance.
"Think I see the end of the mountain range to our right."
"Seems more likely that we'll find civilisation on the other side of these mountains as opposed to the desert."

"We still have no currency whatsoever to buy anything."
"What would we even do there?"

"Well we've not exactly been doing introductions around here anyway."
"I introduced myself."

(D20: 2 + 4/5 for more full shield = 6/7)
Kel does try to avoid the fire, still trying to not let the main weapons get a bead on him while waiting for the air caster to prepare another arrow. However, he doesn't do a particularly great job, resulting in the shield getting hit quite a few times. A few missiles also make it through to hit Kel, which of course is going to be pretty painful for him to take.

So, the shield caster starts walking around a bit while they build up the shield again, getting annoyed at the missiles and keeping an eye out for any more that make it through the shield, intending to try and blow them up early with fireballs.

After another good 50 seconds, the air caster tries to do some more damage to the stations with a pair of air arrows.

Shrub: "...me? Or Leo, the lion guy?"
Well considering the weapons bing used, intercepting the missiles and autocannon rounds before they hit would definitely be a good idea.
As for the stations, damage is still limited, but one would be made unable to fire its main weapon at least.

"You."

With the group now headed east, a desert comes into view in the distance.
"Think I see the end of the mountain range to our right."
"Seems more likely that we'll find civilisation on the other side of these mountains as opposed to the desert."

"We still have no currency whatsoever to buy anything."
"What would we even do there?"
Twilight doesn't say anything.

Well considering the weapons bing used, intercepting the missiles and autocannon rounds before they hit would definitely be a good idea.
As for the stations, damage is still limited, but one would be made unable to fire its main weapon at least.
Air caster: "MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE. WE ONLY NEED TO GET THE MAIN WEAPONS."
Kel: <<Got it.>>

Kel starts flying over to the next station, being careful to keep his distance so he isn't pelted with autocannon rounds and missiles too much. The air caster then gets back to work destroying the station with more air arrows while the shield caster does their best to minimise the autocannon rounds and missiles that hit Kel, with the aforementioned shield and fireballs while building up more shield. If no problems occur, they just continue this process for each station until the main weapon on each is damaged.

Shrub: "...I'm Tina."
"Pretty fitting name, but..yeah."
"I'm just here doing something I can see as really worthwhile, after Mr. White enlightened me during one of his many speeches back home."
"I er...wasn't exactly one to cooperate well with authority if I couldn't see the point in what I was doing."

"Well, find someone we can perhaps offer our services to."
"And if someone here doesn't want to do so for whatever reason?"
"Well, we don't really need 9 people working a job or some random errand or service to get food for everyone. You don't even need food, necessarily."
"True..."
"Buut...hm. What do we even need to work on anyway to pursue our goals..."

"I'll just...go then."
Carl starts heading out of the lab.

(If you haven't seen my status post, well, I am basically not going to respond in the rp forums unless someone wants or needs me for something, haven't
been in the mood to come up with ideas.)

Last edited:
"Oh, I see... Interesting. I'm Kalvess."

As Carl turns to leave the lab, he'd see a dragon standing in front of him blocking his path.
"Now this is unexpected."

Back
Top Bottom