terraspark boots aren't worth it

the dodge part is weird because you have a dodge accessory post plant, and you don’t need hellstone post-mech pretty much
1. I prefer more controlled movement over a dash (if ur talking about master ninja gear)
2. I mine and sell hellstone for coin as it sells well and is VERY easy to find

I keep a big collection of potions in my Void Bag that I have active  all the time (Shine, Night Owl, Ironskin, Swiftness, Obsidian Skin, Dangersense, Featherfall, and Flipper); all of them are trivially easy to collect and maintain (about 5 minutes once every few hours) and make basically all of their accessory counterparts basically useless.

Lightning Boots are a great item and Terraspark inherits that greatness just by being an upgrade with them, but aside from vanity (I'm not going to lie, I really do like how they look), I really don't see the benefit in crafting them when the potions are so much easier and so much better.

I really don't see the benefit in crafting them when the potions are so much easier and so much better.
I don’t want to constantly refill, fishing sucks and I want high paced action like mining and farming enemies!!!
In all honesty, though, you only have to craft terraspark boots once which I find more convenient than farming and fishing (which are just chores, even if fishing for those specific potions doesn’t take too long)

I don’t want to constantly refill, fishing sucks and I want high paced action like mining and farming enemies!!!
In all honesty, though, you only have to craft terraspark boots once which I find more convenient than farming and fishing (which are just chores)
Yes, finally someone thinks that farming once is better than farming a ton!

In all honesty, though, you only have to craft terraspark boots once which I find more convenient than farming and fishing (which are just chores)
None of the potions I listed require fishing. If you don't want to put in the minimal effort required to make and maintain an herb farm, I suppose that's your own prerogative and using Terrspark makes a lot of sense. I don't see it that way, though. I actually quite like doing chores, even though this really isn't much of one; it maybe takes 5 minutes for every 5 hours of playtime.

None of the potions I listed require fishing. If you don't want to put in the minimal effort required to make and maintain an herb farm, I suppose that's your own prerogative and using Terrspark makes a lot of sense. I don't see it that way, though. I actually quite like doing chores, even though this really isn't much of one; it maybe takes 5 minutes for every 5 hours of playtime.
could have sworn obsidian skin potions required obsidifish :confused:

Obsidifish/Obsidian
Ok, you do you. I prefer terrasparks for 2 vanilla reasons, and 2 modded reasons:
a). (Vanilla) I prefer grinding terrasparks to prevent doing chore SPECIFICALLY so I can grind event weapons
b). (Vanilla) I prefer terrasparks to potions so I don't need to waste certain ingredients (I.E. obsidian) so I can use them for important stuff (I.E. hellstone)
c). (Modded) They are an ingredient in seraph tracers
d). (Modded) Their buffs are so much better with modded world gen (Ice walking for the 5 MILE GLACIERS of thin ice remnants world gen creates) (Water walking so I don't need an acid rain arena) (Etc.)

Last edited:
Obsidifish/Obsidian
They do not.
1713983427021.png

They actually have a shockingly cheap recipe when Staff of Regrowth enters the picture and you have a tile farm instead of a Planter Box farm. Even with a Planter Box farm though, they're still stupidly cheap.

They do not.View attachment 467311
They actually have a shockingly cheap recipe when Staff of Regrowth enters the picture and you have a tile farm instead of a Planter Box farm. Even with a Planter Box farm though, they're still stupidly cheap.
Oh. I could have sworn there was a fishing-based alt for the Obi. But that's another thing. You need Obi for hellstone too, and I'd rather have the ability to mine hardmode ores than a ton of hellstone ore that I don't have the Obi for.

@Coleyohley
What is a tile farm
The staff/axe of regrowth will give seeds when harvesting plants that are not blooming. However, this bonus can (normally) only be used on plants that are planted on tiles (yes, you can do this) as opposed to pots. So you'd plant waterleaf on sand, moonglow on jungle grass, etc. Make sure to carry around a guide to environmental preservation (which is usually a decent idea anyways to prevent accidental EoL spawns or killing valuable critters) to avoid accidentally breaking all of your plants with weapons.

However, this isn't the only way to take advantage of the staff's effect. It works while you are holding it, so if you hold it while pulling a lever to actuate your planter boxes, you can get seeds while still planting on planter boxes, like this:
87JJB8CoGaeB0FIZO9985oKRCgZ1f5EDfKrtcayJXpsVkfwC34AOxENmYelnixENJspCO8jEjaJX7TO_gUi4lB0BynyuXN5_0yQetQMAhsS12kqj2FQqE98BgdyGktqGIh3k14jqpvtENHCbKBc_SVM

Both approaches work fairly well, though I'd say tiles are better since you don't need to harvest your entire crop at once. I used to prefer the actuator approach before I realized you can prevent accidentally breaking all of your plants by using a guide to environmental preservation.

Oh. I could have sworn there was a fishing-based alt for the Obi. But that's another thing. You need Obi for hellstone too, and I'd rather have the ability to mine hardmode ores than a ton of hellstone ore that I don't have the Obi for.
I don't think I can empathize with obsidian being a limited resource. Where on Earth are you mining obsidian that doesn't give you hundreds or even thousands of it? Divert a big pool of water into your hellevator and let it fall down into a big pool of lava and you have more than you can ever need, and it only takes about 5 minutes.

I don't think I can empathize with obsidian being a limited resource. Where on Earth are you mining obsidian that doesn't give you hundreds or even thousands of it? Divert a big pool of water into your hellevator and let it fall down into a big pool of lava and you have more than you can ever need, and it only takes about 5 minutes.
well in theory there is only so much water or lava naturally contained in a world, however infinite water/lava bucket items make that false and are also not super commonly obtained.

Back
Top Bottom