terraspark boots aren't worth it

doesn't, but still I'm trying to be civil here
i'd rather run normally with my terraspark boots around my world instead of chugging a swiftness potion or making an asphalt runway for a cave I'm only in because it had some ore I needed
Then use a mount. They’re faster than both and usually provide other utility.
If I use potions, it's for boss fights
Then you haven’t even bothered crafting them before, because otherwise you’d end up with a colossal surplus of them.

I don't either but I don't consider tspark a waste
Please use a mount or actually TRY to craft potions then. You’ll probably end up changing your mind.

I still use them.
Gonna provide a reason for that or just give me nothing to work with?

Hand of Creation, Shark Tooth Necklace, Amphibian Boots, Magma Stone, Feral Claws, Celestial Magnet, Bundle of Balloons, Green Horseshoe Balloon, Pink Horseshoe Balloon…
Hand of Creation is even more niche and far more difficult to obtain.
The rest are okay but I don't see how they'd replace Terraspark Boots, at least before Hardmode, unless the reason is that the Golf Cart works better.
Gonna provide a reason for that or just give me nothing to work with?
Probably because as long as they aren't constantly using potions, nobody ever runs out of these herbs no matter how they grow them anyway.

Then use a mount. They’re faster than both and usually provide other utility.
I do. But I don't use running mounts, I use flying mounts, and Tspark is about running, not flying. Its why they fly for less than 5 seconds.
Then you haven’t even bothered crafting them before, because otherwise you’d end up with a colossal surplus of them.
I usually just get them from natural chests
Please use a mount or actually TRY to craft potions then. You’ll probably end up changing your mind.
I have used mounts (A LOT), and I HAVE tried making potions. I simply STILL prefer Tspark. It's my opinion, I don't have to change it. I'm not gonna chug a potion every time I travel, and the mounts I use are for flying. The only potions I use on a day-to-day basis are Ironskin and Regeneration.

have used mounts (A LOT), and I HAVE tried making potions. I simply STILL prefer Tspark. It's my opinion, I don't have to change it. I'm not gonna chug a potion every time I travel, and the mounts I use are for flying. The only potions I use on a day-to-day basis are Ironskin and Regeneration.
Then you probably shouldn’t have been arguing against me in the first place, because my end goal is for the boots to grt buffed. If you agree that those other options are better you have literally no reason to defend terraspark like you have been. If the item gets buffed your preferred way to play the game becomes better at literally no expense to you.
Hand of Creation is even more niche and far more difficult to obtain.
The rest are okay but I don't see how they'd replace Terraspark Boots, at least before Hardmode, unless the reason is that the Golf Cart works better.
I am aware of the first point which is why I edited it to say “hand of creation ingredients” afterwards. Ancient Chisel was what I was thinking of when I wrote that. Its effect is extremely valuable and even stacks with its potion variant rather than being replaced by it.
The other ones would replace terraspark boots because you only have so many accessory slots to work with. Keep in mind I was confining myself to pre-boss and post-boss has even more competitors
I use them because I can just buy them from Dryad, planting seeds on their correct blocks seems slower to me.
Being able to set up a faster herb farm earlier in the game is slower? o_O
Dryad is only available after a boss so idk what you’re trying to say there.

Then you probably shouldn’t have been arguing against me in the first place, because my end goal is for the boots to grt buffed. If you agree that those other options are better you have literally no reason to defend terraspark like you have been. If the item gets buffed your preferred way to play the game becomes better at literally no expense to you.
I didn't outright say they're better, I said I prefer to use Tspark as imo its the best option. I use my mounts for flying and I'm not going to chug 878 potions every time I explore

I didn't outright say they're better, I said I prefer to use Tspark as imo its the best option. I use my mounts for flying and I'm not going to chug 878 potions every time I explore
…then why argue with the guy who wants to make your preferred option better.
Also I probably should have pointed this out earlier, but you can use more than one mount. Mounts do not need to be in the mount slot for you to use them.

I know. But mounts are rare and yea I'll use them if I get them but I'm not grinding for mounts
Also, I enjoy the idea of buffing them. Im only arguing because people are making it an argument

I think the boots could use a buff but I'm just saying that claiming something is useless because it solves a problem that can be circumvented in an entirely different way is lame.
There's honestly nothing wrong with Lightning Boots because pre-Hardmode has a huge margin for experimentation with different accessory loadouts. They have fast running speed and relatively OK vertical height in a single accessory, which is good for easier difficulties or for players who are better at dodging as it lets you focus your other slots on accessories that aren't movement-based.

If we're all being 100% honest here, Terraspark Boots, Water Walking Potions, and Obsidian Skin Potions are all completely pointless because you can easily just build platforms over liquid bodies and simply avoid or drain any lava that's in your way if you need to.

(In fact I find Shield of Cthulhu to often be a waste of an accessory slot because being quick using hooks with platforms can give you the same effect, minus the contact bounce.)

Terraspark Boots, Water Walking Potions, and Obsidian Skin Potions are all completely pointless because you can easily just build platforms over liquid bodies and simply avoid or drain any lava that's in your way if you need to.
This is assuming that water and lava are obstacles which hinder the player.
They aren’t. Flipper potion makes them actually better to be in than outside of. If you’re in water with flipper potion you have infinite double jumps and almost all other entities and projectiles move far slower than you, making everything absolutely trivial.
And then you have lava which makes you basically invulnerable while you’re in it with obsidian skin and flipper potion because enemies get incinerated trying to reach you.
Infact, with the logic being stated: Armor is useless! Just don't get hit and their set bonuses can be done in different ways!
You’re completely ignoring half of
everything I’m posting, so repost time!

If the item gets buffed your preferred way to play the game becomes better at literally no expense to you.

This is assuming that water and lava are obstacles which hinder the player.
They aren’t. Flipper potion makes them actually better to be in than outside of. If you’re in water with flipper potion you have infinite double jumps and almost all other entities and projectiles move far slower, making everything absolutely trivial.
And then you have lava which makes you basically invulnerable while you’re in it with obsidian skin and flipper potion because enemies get incinerated trying to reach you.
You could also keep the flipper or its upgrades or even just something simple like the inner tube in a vanity slot and swap it in if you find water. While they are niche I wouldn't say those accessories are useless.
Water breathing potion and obsidian skin potion I will agree can be genuinely useful, but can also be easily replaced by the lava shark when it becomes available.

You could also keep the flipper or its upgrades or even just something simple like the inner tube in a vanity slot and swap it in if you find water. While they are niche I wouldn't say those accessories are useless.
Flipper potion is better than the flipper because flipper potion actually removes all liquid friction in the water and therefore upgrades your movement in liquids. Without flipper potion, the flipper accessory keeps all liquid friction and means your movement is still worse in water than outside of it. Flipper is really really bad and borderline useless.
Inner Tube, on the other hand, has a TON of various niche uses that no other item can do besides the flamingo mount and flamingo mount actually has a ton of other properties which make it worse in some cases, so it is not borderline useless and actually fulfills an irreplaceable role alongside the flamingo mount in a sort of balanced pairing.
but can also be easily replaced by the lava shark when it becomes available.
That’s because lava shark is genuinely overpowered while the potions are C+/B- tier :D

Flipper potion is better than the flipper because flipper potion actually removes all liquid friction in the water and therefore upgrades your movement in liquids. Without flipper potion, the flipper accessory keeps all liquid friction and means your movement is still worse in water than outside of it. Flipper is really really bad and borderline useless.
Inner Tube, on has a TON of various niche uses that no other item can do besides the flamingo mount and flamingo mount actually has a ton of other properties which make it worse, so it is not borderline useless.
I didn't know that about the flipper potion admittedly (I think I've only used it once before), that does sound pretty good considering its recipe is basically free.
Trident can do a similar thing though (and doesn't cost any accessory slots either) but I guess if you're really committed to staying underwater then flipper potions would be more reasonable.
That’s because lava shark is genuinely overpowered while the potions are C+/B- tier :D
The main reason I'd be cautious about buffing Terraspark Boots is because powercreep. I would personally rather nerf some of the more OP pre-hardmode movement options than give heavy buffs to all of the ones that have fallen behind.
That's honestly just an opinion though so I doubt giving a big buff to Terrasparks would break the game or anything.

Trident can do a similar thing though (and doesn't cost any accessory slots either) but I guess if you're really committed to staying underwater then flipper potions would be more reasonable.
Trident only does that while in your character's hand and because it's a very very short ranged weapon that's actually a bigger cost than an accessory slot.
The main reason I'd be cautious about buffing Terraspark Boots is because powercreep. I would personally rather nerf some of the more OP pre-hardmode movement options than give heavy buffs to all of the ones that have fallen behind.
This is a case of "buff 1 thing" or "nerf 80 things" at this point. If powercreep is an issue, then it's long since left behind terraspark already.

Trident only does that while in your character's hand and because it's a very very short ranged weapon that's actually a bigger cost than an accessory slot.
I'm usually not concerned with attacking things in the water, but if that's what you want to use it for then the trident is bad.
This is a case of "buff 1 thing" or "nerf 80 things" at this point. If powercreep is an issue, then it's long since left behind terraspark already.
I really doubt it's that far behind (I mean just look at Frog Gear which has even less of an advantage over a regular Frog Leg than Terrasparks have over Lightning boots), and I would opt for a more middle ground where it receives a small buff while really only the most obviously broken things get nerfed.
Almost all of the buff suggestions I've seen try to do things like make it as fast as Dunerider boots on sand.

Being able to set up a faster herb farm earlier in the game is slower? o_O
Dryad is only available after a boss so idk what you’re trying to say there.
I mean, you might be right but there is a possibility of me not setting up a herb farm before any boss

Back
Top Bottom