Video Game Confessional

Lets see, I never owned a Nintendo 64 when I was young so by extension I never played Zelda OOT/MM or Super Mario 64 on their original consoles. Have to thank Virtual Console as well as the remade versions of them on the handhelds for allowing them to be played anywhere.

No matter what game it was, my older brother would ALWAYS beat me. Street Fighter, Unreal Tournament, Road Rash, Mario Kart, any game!

I uh... I used to play with nude mods on games up 'til I was 22.

I have played every main Dynasty Warriors game, as well as every Dynasty Warriors: Empires game.

I never even got half way through Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and have not even played ORAS.

If there was one weapon I could ever want, it would be a Keyblade.

The first bidoof I ever saw was shiny, I killed thinking it was normal and when I saw a normal one I spent tons of poke balls trying to catch it.

Last edited:
I used to play Rock Band 3 with no fail mode on. In related news, I pre-ordered 4 today. That's the only deviation from the topic I'll make. Even then it's a slight one. Carry on.

Even though I love the Touhou series, I simply suck at every single one of them. If I don't ragequit after loosing a run in Normal, I try again in Easy. And even then, most of the time I can't get past stage 4.

To this day, I've only "beaten" Ten Desires and Imperishable Night, on easy :^T

I completely forgot what to do after the Woodfall Temple on Majora's Mask and have made little progress remembering what the hell to do.

Welp, so many things I have and haven't done.

- Never played a single LoZ game. I blame lack of interest in the series, since I mainly played Mario-related games when I was younger.
- Modern shooters seem to either bore me, frustrate me, or scare me away with their huge scope (with some exceptions). Give me Doom 2 or Heretic any day.
- On that topic, I am still to beat Doom 2 without using cheats. I've been raised on the Godmode and Give All cheat for too long...
- On THAT topic, I am still to beat Quake 2 without using cheats. Damn you Godmode and Give All! ;(
- Never played a single Pokemon game. Same reasons as LoZ.
- I tried to play 1.2 Terraria without reading a wiki, so I could have a 'blind' playthrough. Next day after starting the playthrough - reading the wiki. I definitely regret this decision to this day. Fingers crossed I don't do this to 1.3. (I probably will. :()
- I used illegitimately gained money with my main character in Terraria. It was acquired with my previous 1.1 main character. 'But the Terra Blade reforge price was so high!', I told myself. Kind of ruined the experience of massive celebration upon actually getting the best reforges on everything.
- I always do badly at real-time and turn-based strategy games unless all odds are in my favour (difficulty, player skill, etc.). I still somehow like turn-based strategy, though...

There's probably more, but that'll be for another mind dump.

I gave away a Fireproof Secret Diary for free in TF2 because I thought it was completely useless.

Only was it a few months later that I learned that for whatever reason, it was worth 1.5 buds (~$45-60)...

- I've never played a game from the Metroid series
- The PC I used to game on was a 2006 Dell that could barely run TF2
- I own a Wii U but I've put almost no time into it
- I'm still playing Destiny Haaalp

Last edited:
I have some games I constantly list as my favorites in a series except I've never finished them. Sonic 3 and Knuckles was there for a while since I mainly just screwed around in debug mode. (In my defense, it's loads of fun.) I recently got around to finally doing 100% runs, though. First with Sonic, second with Tails, now I just have to do Knuckles.

The other one I usually call my favorite is Final Fantasy V, which despite loving it and the job system, I never actually fully completed it since I usually got sidetracked and then lost my save. I did get to the final third of the game, though! Also Gilgamesh is my favorite Final Fantasy character bar none. So yeah.

Uhhh, what else... The only Mario game I've ever finished was Super Paper Mario (Well, World too, but with warps.) and I've never played a Donkey Kong Country games past a couple levels.
That's about all I can think of for now.

I've never beaten any of the original DOOM games.
I've never beaten any Pokemon game.
I easily get frustrated by games.
I can stand Russian players in CS:GO (that's a life achievement that not many have)
I buy games and don't play them (am I the only one?)

Sonic 3 and Knuckles was there for a while since I mainly just screwed around in debug mode. (In my defense, it's loads of fun.)
Having mainly played Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles separately, that's about all I use Sonic 3 and Knuckles for as well. And yes, it's a blast. :nursehappy:

I buy games and don't play them (am I the only one?)

I'm pretty sure I own over twice as many games than what I've actually played. I tell myself I'll get to them but then either never have the time or get into something else instead.

Also, my ratio of games beaten is gruelingly low.

Back
Top Bottom