PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The star wrath is way to op. I Got 88 pumpking trophies from one pumkin moon no joke lol and like 59 mourning wood trophies and like 20 total platinum after selling 5 inventories worth of drops. End game Melle is way broke

Uhhh won't let me log on to our server now, as it is saying server is outdated. If the server host updates to 1.3.0.3 from 1.3.0.2, will the map be destroyed at all?
when i did the update i did not lose anything on my world. i started it fresh with 1.3.0.1 though.

argh, removing Lifesteal abilities, even when hardly effective has now made Moon Lord impossible to solo, even with his own equipment (Solar Armor, Solar Wings, a full set of damage increasing Gauntlets, a Celestial Stone, and a Destroyer Emblem- as well as Star Wrath, and Meowmere)
Deathrays deal more damage in 16 seconds than any amount of player health

is the the overhaul of the moon lord so spectre healing doesnt work?
Don't forget Vampire Knives. ;)

... Excuse me? Sorry, I read this and scratched my head. Experiencing it made me close the game. Why did you just completely invalidate an entire play style? Mages routinely (as far as I know) use the HP drain in order to survive these kinds of encounters thanks to their low defense. Now you're taking it away? I'm sorry, I just can't respect this choice, and request the tweak be removed. Otherwise, the boss may as well not be there because I'm never gonna beat it as a mage. I can't get into this fight and throw magic out to help my allies survive, which is the closest I can get to direct healing in this game (I'm a White Mage at heart). I can't even help myself survive at this point against the Moon Lord. Please reconsider this change, and (hopefully) take it out. You've completely gutted an entire play style with a single tweak, and it leaves me wondering what to do now aside from putter around pointlessly since Moon Lord is the only obstacle left to my friends and me. Are you going to invalidate other play styles in future fixes too? I worry for anyone else after this.

Superawesome! :passionate:
Thanks for new features!

Although me myself have been having quite smooth experience except for 2 steam client crashes during terraria gameplay, in 2 days which didn't even make me lose anything, cos game somehow saved itself before crash. :D

argh, removing Lifesteal abilities, even when hardly effective has now made Moon Lord impossible to solo, even with his own equipment (Solar Armor, Solar Wings, a full set of damage increasing Gauntlets, a Celestial Stone, and a Destroyer Emblem- as well as Star Wrath, and Meowmere)
Deathrays deal more damage in 16 seconds than any amount of player health
In a Normal World , he's still soloable even without life leech : i've just defeated it with no real trouble.
In an Expert World, though, I was completely obliterated despite having a Philosopher stone for quicker healing and 110+ def ( and even more with the Frozen Turtle Shell ) to soak the few hit i didn't evade while flying around in the Cosmic Car. I seriously wonder if this tweak was even beta tested before release.

I created this account expressly to say that the recent change to the Moon Lord is baffling.

Just this morning -- prior to the update -- I managed to finally pull off a victory against the Moon Lord with the help of some potions and flasks. I can understand if some challenge seekers out there are lamenting the difficulty of the Moon Lord (My victory came only after a handful of embarrassing failures, but I'm not a hardcore player of Terraria), but utterly invalidating tools like the Vampire Knives or the Spectre Hood feels like the wrong way to go about it.

Sure, there is a brief window in which you can try to heal with a potion or a brief assault from the aforementioned life sapping tools, but potions can only go so far and the constant opening and closing of the Moon Lord's eyes means that it is highly probable you won't get much healing from either the Knives or the Hood in that precious span of time. This would be an understandable buff in difficulty if it had been put in place to deter players from powering right through the Moon Lord's debuff, but since there is absolutely no way to avoid or deter the debuff from being placed in the first place, this spike in difficulty just feels (In my opinion) contrived and unbalanced -- especially during solo play.

Amazing
I just want to complain that I lost ALL of my 15 characters except 2 because of a cloud save crash RIGHT after 1.3.0.1 came out

Guys you should play it first before complaining. v_v; The debuff that you get from moonlord that stops you from healing only happens when it has the leech on you, you can kill the leech and that would get rid of the debuff so you can heal again. Its still viable, you just gotta keep an eye out for the leech.

Guys you should play it first before complaining. v_v; The debuff that you get from moonlord that stops you from healing only happens when it has the leech on you, you can kill the leech and that would get rid of the debuff so you can heal again. Its still viable, you just gotta keep an eye out for the leech.
Yeah but the leech is on - oh, ALL THE TIME. Not to mention that I WAS ALREADY HAVING PROBLEMS BEATING HIM!!
Sorry about that, just an anger outlet

Then why did the leech not die in the flurry of attacks that myself and my friends were launching? As far as I can tell, the leeches are intangible and cannot be killed. I welcome anyone to give visual proof to prove me wrong on this.

@Ghostar: There is a way to actively counter the debuff? It seemed like no matter how far away I ran, how I tried to dodge it, or what attacks I threw at/around the tongue while it was coming toward me, it would always put the debuff on me for the full duration. :(

Are you doing anything specific when these bugs happen? A certain weapon/armor/zone/etc? Any information you can provide will help us track this down. Also if you could provide your system specs.

Just playing. When I'm mining in the Underground Ice Biome's, Underground Desert, sitting around waiting for night time to come in my house in the normal biome, the Crimson etc.

Also I should note that the game crashes both Terraria and Steam. Like when it shuts down, Steam is unresponsive and I have to shut it down completely to be able to reopen the game. It doesn't do this for any other of my games and it didn't do this before the update (I've currently played over 400 hours to date).

My system specs are:
CPU AMD A6-3400M
RAM 6GB
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6520G

I was running it perfectly fine in high graphics. Even lowering them to medium didn't help.

Then why did the leech not die in the flurry of attacks that myself and my friends were launching? As far as I can tell, the leeches are intangible and cannot be killed. I welcome anyone to give visual proof to prove me wrong on this.

The Leech attaches to your character, so you pretty much have to try and hit yourself, if the leech is actually unable to be harmed then you should report that as a bug.

@Ghostar: There is a way to actively counter the debuff? It seemed like no matter how far away I ran, how I tried to dodge it, or what attacks I threw at/around the tongue while it was coming toward me, it would always put the debuff on me for the full duration. :(

You should be able to kill the leech if it hooks on you/flies at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom