PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to fight the Moon Lord again and if I still can't hurt the tongue, I'll report it as a bug.

Either way, thank you for the help, Ghost! :)

... Excuse me? Sorry, I read this and scratched my head. Experiencing it made me close the game. Why did you just completely invalidate an entire play style? Mages routinely (as far as I know) use the HP drain in order to survive these kinds of encounters thanks to their low defense. Now you're taking it away? I'm sorry, I just can't respect this choice, and request the tweak be removed. Otherwise, the boss may as well not be there because I'm never gonna beat it as a mage. I can't get into this fight and throw magic out to help my allies survive, which is the closest I can get to direct healing in this game (I'm a White Mage at heart). I can't even help myself survive at this point against the Moon Lord. Please reconsider this change, and (hopefully) take it out. You've completely gutted an entire play style with a single tweak, and it leaves me wondering what to do now aside from putter around pointlessly since Moon Lord is the only obstacle left to my friends and me. Are you going to invalidate other play styles in future fixes too? I worry for anyone else after this.
I'm mostly a black mage, but if it's there then I like to go a combo of Black/White mages

Then why did the leech not die in the flurry of attacks that myself and my friends were launching? As far as I can tell, the leeches are intangible and cannot be killed. I welcome anyone to give visual proof to prove me wrong on this.

Just went to check for myself, it seems to be taking damage just fine.
LX6Uoyz.png

Guys you should play it first before complaining. v_v; The debuff that you get from moonlord that stops you from healing only happens when it has the leech on you, you can kill the leech and that would get rid of the debuff so you can heal again. Its still viable, you just gotta keep an eye out for the leech.

Why would we voice our opinions (or back the voices of others) and not have tried the aforementioned patch beforehand? I think the people that have posted thus far have done so because they have tried and found that the already challenging fight has been made leagues more difficult by their playstyle being invalidated.

I didn't expect that kind of behavior from Re-Logic. The 1.3 update thus far has been incredible and I applaud them for yet another great content update, but this particular tweak feels like something that a bad MMO developer or Bungie would do, and it feels wrong.

All life leech would really do anyway is prolong the fight. If you didn't have good enough gear (or enough skill) to defeat Moon Lord you'd still die, and then you'd try again as he gets ever closer to the spawn point, and then boom, he's on top of the spawn and no players can defeat him before the whole group dies and he wanders off to parts unknown.

If hitting yourself, however that works, can kill the leech, then that's one potential solution. it still feels like the devs just went "Mages have it too easy. Let's just un-check this ability, and this function... there. All set!"

Then why did the leech not die in the flurry of attacks that myself and my friends were launching? As far as I can tell, the leeches are intangible and cannot be killed. I welcome anyone to give visual proof to prove me wrong on this.
Can I join you as another white mage?

Why would we voice our opinions (or back the voices of others) and not have tried the aforementioned patch beforehand? I think the people that have posted thus far have done so because they have tried and found that the already challenging fight has been made leagues more difficult by their playstyle being invalidated.

I didn't expect that kind of behavior from Re-Logic. The 1.3 update thus far has been incredible and I applaud them for yet another great content update, but this particular tweak feels like something that a bad MMO developer or Bungie would do, and it feels wrong.

All life leech would really do anyway is prolong the fight. If you didn't have good enough gear (or enough skill) to defeat Moon Lord you'd still die, and then you'd try again as he gets ever closer to the spawn point, and then boom, he's on top of the spawn and no players can defeat him before the whole group dies and he wanders off to parts unknown.

If hitting yourself, however that works, can kill the leech, then that's one potential solution. it still feels like the devs just went "Mages have it too easy. Let's just un-check this ability, and this function... there. All set!"
Yeah that does seem like what happened, and I can GARUNTEE YOU THAT I COULD NOT BEAT HIM BEFORE

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it is something that's really bothering me. So I just got the update and logged back onto Terraria, but the title screen gave me motion sickness and almost made me throwup... For some reason this update caused certain animations to start moving really fast, like the background on the title screen, coins spinning, and souls pulsating. It's not that huge of a deal, and it's really only a problem to me on the title screen which is a very small percentage of what I see in the game, but it still kinda sucks, and I don't know of any settings to change it.

Ok then, if it only has 400 health, then HOW COME I CANT DEFEAT IT AT ALLL??!??!?!?
[DOUBLEPOST=1435875031,1435874996][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it is something that's really bothering me. So I just got the update and logged back onto Terraria, but the title screen gave me motion sickness and almost made me throwup... For some reason this update caused certain animations to start moving really fast, like the background on the title screen, coins spinning, and souls pulsating. It's not that huge of a deal, and it's really only a problem to me on the title screen which is a very small percentage of what I see in the game, but it still kinda sucks, and I don't know of any settings to change it.
Turn off the Parallex

Ok then, if it only has 400 health, then HOW COME I CANT DEFEAT IT AT ALLL??!??!?!?
[DOUBLEPOST=1435875031,1435874996][/DOUBLEPOST]
Turn off the Parallex
strafe baby! go up and when the tongue bites you go under his chest (with razorblade).\

...,,,:::;;;EDIT::: I killed him twice like that

It might be because of a high Parallax setting (under settings->video->Parallax slider)

I can confirm its possible to kill the leech, I just ran it with a blizzard staff, targeted myself with it, the leeches died.

He wasn't before 1.3.0.2
[DOUBLEPOST=1435875544,1435875511][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean, they TRIPLED HIS HEAD'S HEALTH
[DOUBLEPOST=1435875567][/DOUBLEPOST]Going to play the update now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom